Windows 10: Creating "New Simple Volume" from Unallocated Space

Discus and support Creating "New Simple Volume" from Unallocated Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I mistakenly deleted a partition containing my personal data. Now the disk management shows Unallocated Space. I want to recover it now. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by monicEF, Feb 8, 2020.

1. monicEF Win User

Creating "New Simple Volume" from Unallocated Space

Creating "New Simple Volume" from Unallocated Space 95d41a7b-f640-4d0e-b832-58d306c4b643?upload=true.png

I mistakenly deleted a partition containing my personal data. Now the disk management shows Unallocated Space. I want to recover it now. Can creating "New Simple Volume" from Unallocated Space restore my lost partition? If it doesn't restore my partition will it affect my files stored in that deleted partition so that I wont be able to recover it later from any other tools?

:)

monicEF, Feb 8, 2020
  2. InsAhamed Win User

Cannot create a new simple volume from unallocated space

I want to create a new volume. So I've shrink a volume. Then I got unallocated space. When I try to create a new simple volume I'm getting this type of error.

Creating "New Simple Volume" from Unallocated Space 309729fd-e0cc-41f7-8d5b-89dc2874ecc5?upload=true.png

What should I do? Please suggest me a solution.

InsAhamed, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Can't assign unallocated space as new simple volume

That is the problem when trying to create "new simple volume" I get the not enough space error.

mehdifracso, Feb 8, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Can't assign unallocated space as new simple volume

Hi mehdifracso, what 3rd party software did you use?

WIndows cannot extend a drive into unallocated space that is not immediately to the right of that partition

Using 3rd party software like the free version AOMEI Partition Assistant you should be able to extend D or G into that unallocated space

Otherwise you can just create a new partition on that unallocated space

To do That:

Right click the unallocated space, choose new simple volume, accept the default size and drive letter when asked

DaveM121, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Creating "New Simple Volume" from Unallocated Space - Similar Threads - Creating Simple Volume

2. Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...: Actually, I recently installed SSD in my laptop and I deleted the previous c drive where I used to have my window. But it created an unallocated space at the mid of my hard drive. When I am trying to create new volume over the unallocated space it says "There is not enough...
  3. Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...: Actually, I recently installed SSD in my laptop and I deleted the previous c drive where I used to have my window. But it created an unallocated space at the mid of my hard drive. When I am trying to create new volume over the unallocated space it says "There is not enough...
  4. Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to create a new simple volume from free space on drive.

Unable to create a new simple volume from free space on drive.: I am using windows 10 and was trying to extend c drive, without success. The free space on the drive was previously marked as a d drive. I am trying to create a new simple volume using the free space, but am receiving an error message that 'there is not enough space available...
  6. Unable to create a new simple volume from free space on drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create a new simple volume from free space on drive.: I am using windows 10 and was trying to extend c drive, without success. The free space on the drive was previously marked as a d drive. I am trying to create a new simple volume using the free space, but am receiving an error message that 'there is not enough space available...
  7. Unable to create a new simple volume from free space on drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space.: [ATTACH] Hello, I just can't stand it anymore. I'm so annoyed and pissed. So I have these partitions and I want to expand my D drive (named "Hitachi") by the 466,28 GB unallocated space. The thing is I can't - "Not enought space to complete this operation", something...
  9. Cannot create a new simple volume from unallocated space

Cannot create a new simple volume from unallocated space: I want to create a new volume. So I've shrink a volume. Then I got unallocated space. When I try to create a new simple volume I'm getting this type of error. [ATTACH] What should I do? Please suggest me a solution....
  10. Unable to create a simple Volume out of unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to create a simple Volume out of unallocated space.: Alright, so I want to dual boot Ubuntu along side Windows 10. I shrunk my C drive to make a new partition for Ubuntu around 40 GB. However after shrinking the partition, when I try to create a simple volume out of the unallocated space, I get a warning that it will be...