Windows 10: Creating New Tabs vs Creating new Desktops

Discus and support Creating New Tabs vs Creating new Desktops in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I just switched back to windows from my mac, and I've gotten used to the triple swipe gesture to change desktops on mac. The default windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PlaceboTuxedo, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Creating New Tabs vs Creating new Desktops

Hello, I just switched back to windows from my mac, and I've gotten used to the triple swipe gesture to change desktops on mac.
    The default windows configuration is to change tabs with the triple swipe.

This irks me because because I'm used to the real time smooth motion of panning the desktops as I swipe.
    The "changing tab" default simply pulls up the alt-tab interface instead of the fluid pan

Does it use more processing power to have multiple desktops open rather than multiple tabs?

submitted by /u/PlaceboTuxedo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PlaceboTuxedo, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Sassydeb Win User

Can't create new desktop

I was wanting to create a new desktop but unable create one due to when I go to the Task View, the New Desktop option isn't there.

Any suggestions? I also upgraded to the Windows 10 from the 8.1.

Thank you

Sassydeb, Oct 19, 2020
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Creating New Tabs vs Creating new Desktops

I cant create a new folder in windows 10

Hi,

As the scans were not able to find any corrupted system files, we recommend that you try creating a new folder through
    File Explorer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "file explorer" to open File Explorer.
    • Click Desktop.
    • Under the Home tab, select the New folder option.
    • Create a name for your folder.

Let us know if you were able to create a new folder by following the steps provided.

Dennis Mop, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Creating New Tabs vs Creating new Desktops

1. Creating New Tabs vs Creating new Desktops - Similar Threads - Creating Tabs Creating

2. Creating a new Windows Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a new Windows Desktop icon: I have reviewed the forums extensively before posting this question. I recently purchased a new computer with preloaded Office and Windows 10 . I am beginning to setup the desktop screens with my preferred desktop icons for accessing stored files, internet locations, etc....
  3. New User Created on my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New User Created on my Desktop?: So I noticed this a month ago; I have 2 main users on my computer but now I have a 3rd one titled ' MS ' (I'm assuming this stands for Microsoft). I'm just worried because why is there a new account being created only on my desktop without my notification (I've never ever...
  4. Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop: On both windows 10 computers, when I right click the desktop, to try and create a 'new folder', the computer does not recognize the desktop and can not create a new folder....
  5. How to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab

How to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab: Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.628 I would like to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab. I see that the "Contacts", "Desktop", "Documents", "Downloads" folders, to name a few, have "Location" tabs. I THINK they are referred to as "Personal"...
  6. Create new user on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create new user on desktop: How can one create a new user on a desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-user-on-desktop/a51b28e1-964a-4edb-90a2-c0b73cd123a4
  7. CREATING A NEW FOLDER

CREATING A NEW FOLDER: I am unable to create a new folder on any of drives using Windows 10 anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder/258c0742-8a52-4391-bad5-5f9bb36ca7a0"
  8. cannot create new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create new folder on desktop: When I right click on the desktop screen and click new folder my screen blanks out then comes back, but am unable to create a new folder. Whats going on here? Thanks for any help. K 131706
  9. create new folder

create new folder: I cant create a new folder in windows 10 in my pictures. how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-folder/cbc88120-c637-451f-9adf-def7e54748fa"
  10. Create new user, no desktop or taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create new user, no desktop or taskbar: Hi. I'm running W10 pro 64 bit, had Creators Update, ver 10.0.15063. When I create a new user, either using a Microsoft account, or not, when I first log in to as that new user, it takes a very long time, I see the rotating circle of dots, then that goes and I get a black...