Windows 10: Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java?

Discus and support Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, Together with a colleague of mine we are working on a new Windows 10 image to use as a standard on our desktop machines. Apart from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NessPJ, Mar 16, 2019.

1. NessPJ Win User

Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java?

Hello all,

Together with a colleague of mine we are working on a new Windows 10 image to use as a standard on our desktop machines.

Apart from looking for Windows 10 guides for fresh installations such as these i was wondering if there are any other crucial tips out there?
    Like, i could disable telemetry and statistics options using the registry editor. But i was also considering O&O Shutup10 to do so. Thing is, shouldn't we reapply these settings after every large 'windows update' ?
    Or is it good practice to make this registry value a GPO to solve this?

Also, we are planning to setup a new WSUS server. Could this also be used to automatically and silently install Java updates so end-users are no longer plagued by those? Or is there an easier solution?
    Are there people out there who use WSUS to update a bunch of other software? (stuff like notepad++, foxit reader etc.).

:)

NessPJ, Mar 16, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Java auto update problem

I do not have Java installed in my computer.
    I googled this one for you. Hope it helps a little.

The following is an excerpt from Java own publication :
    https://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml

Change Automatic Update Settings
    1. Find and launch the Java Control Panel
    2. Click the Update tab to access the settings.
    3. To enable Java Update to automatically check for updates, select the Check for Updates Automatically check box.
      To disable Java Update, deselect the Check for Updates Automatically check box.

Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java? jcp-autocheck.jpg

davidhk, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Java auto update problem

Hi there.
    I have a user who needs Java 7 to run a java program to do some work in our organization. The Java 8 updates from SCCM/config mgr to her computer is been blocked because it messes with the current setup.

I have trouble diabling the java 7 update function. The best way is to set the user up as a local admin and disable it from within control panel in Win 10. Strange thing. I disable the java update removing the tick in the box, click apply and OK. Then go back to check and it is still ticked off like it is still not disabled.

I need a way to disable java updates completely so the users Java program can run in IE without any of the problems with the auto updater.

Also Internet Explorer comes up with warnings. Like this java is old, please update. I need to remove them so the user can do her work.

We use Win 10, Office 13 and F-secure antivirus.

Any suggestions? Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java? :)

norway2016, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java?

Xubuntu Server flash/java jre update script

Hey guys,

I have a request to make.

I am not a coder, I just love using linux.

The company I work for just put xubuntu machines in the break room. ^_^
    the thing is, they are PXE booting them off of a Live CD image.
    What I need is a script that can be run server wide that will auto update flash and java jre.
    Otherwise the admin will be bogged down manually updating the machines.
    I will be working on rolling a remix with the Install Xubuntu script removed from the desktop and Firefox placed on the Desktop.

Thanks for the help!!

The IT guys are still shaky on the Linux side of things. They took a step off the roof on this as they have to make this work so that the Management is happy. SO I am doing my best to assist them.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java?

1. Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java? - Similar Threads - Creating W10 image

2. Xbox Games always auto updating on W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Games always auto updating on W10: This has been going on for several months now, lasting through many Windows updates. All my Xbox games (installed via the Xbox W10 app) will always auto update as needed, despite the fact that I have it set not to do that. The Xbox app doesn't even run on start-up or stay...
  3. Company Image Installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Company Image Installation: Laptop recently purchased with Windows 10 Home edition. I've tried to install our company image several times without luck. Seems that the HOME OEM license has taken possession of the laptop. How do I remove the License information for Windows 10 Home so I can boot the...
  4. Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java?: Hello all, Together with a colleague of mine we are working on a new Windows 10 image to use as a standard on our desktop machines. Apart from looking for Windows 10 guides for fresh installations such as these i was wondering if there are any other crucial tips out there?...
  5. Windows update created new login screen, auto login fails

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows update created new login screen, auto login fails: Hey! I did the windows 10 1809 update so I could play with RTX. Before this update I have been able to login automatically without typing any password, but after the update a new login screen appeard which breaks this. First it says that I entered the wrong username or...
  6. Unable to create new java file to esisting repo.

Unable to create new java file to esisting repo.: I had cloned one git repository, now I want to add new java file to the existing project, whenever I am trying to create a simple java file it's popping out "source folder is not a java project", even though its a java project....
  7. Java auto update problem

Java auto update problem: Hi there. I have a user who needs Java 7 to run a java program to do some work in our organization. The Java 8 updates from SCCM/config mgr to her computer is been blocked because it messes with the current setup. I have trouble diabling the java 7 update function. The...
  8. New to W10 - imaging Q

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New to W10 - imaging Q: Hey all *Smile Have been using W7, where I have Acronis to image my C drive. What is the recommended way to image the C drive in W10? Is Acronis still a good way to go? Should I use the W10 imaging system - called ICD, I think? Thanks in advance. 74130
  9. Creating new image Windows 10 with criteria

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating new image Windows 10 with criteria: Dear I have been using Windows 7 images (imagex) for a while now and went smooth. This implied: 1. Adjusting in the registry the settings (location) for the users folder 2. The libraries Documents and Pictures also do D drive where the C is my OS drive. How can I have...
  10. Does the ISO W10 Disk create the W7 recovery image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does the ISO W10 Disk create the W7 recovery image?: I created ISO disks for both my 32 bit and 64 bit systems at the MS download site. If I use the ISO disk instead of the Windows Update method, does the install still create the W7 image in case I want to go back to W7 after installing W10? Also, do I boot from the disk or...