Windows 10: Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service

Discus and support Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Not sure if this is the right 'forum' to post this but MS does have it's own well built in VPN GUI now so? The main question is what... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VLADDIGBY, Oct 5, 2018.

1. VLADDIGBY Win User

Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service

Hello

Not sure if this is the right 'forum' to post this but MS does have it's own well built in VPN GUI now so? The main question is what would the community recommend or say is the best application/program/software for creating Digital key pairs for encrypting a personal VPN service. I have used OpenPGP in the past (obviously) as it is open software and so is available. Thing is there are different 'versions' of the software emerging. I use GPA and Kleopatra mostly as the gpg command lines are the same in the terminals for MS LINUX and APPLE ect. This is very handy and I hope it continues that way but I have a feeling it will not be like that for long. In fact GPA has become 'unstable' in fact Kleopatra has become a little 'unstable' recently too. I have used Puttygen. in the past but I am not 100% that it actually worked and provided the so called 'encrypted tunnel' or SSH? I think I am using the correct terminology? Anyhow just a question to put out there what would the experts at MS 'recommend' if they do not mind one asking? I keep thinking of trying to get my hands on a couple of big commercial servers and configuring them using OpenVPN which is the main 'software' I use for setting up VPN's now a days. There is nothing stopping one setting up a commercial VPN service using OpenVPN and OpenPGP is there? I am not totally sure I could configure them in expert quality (if that makes any séance.) If one was to try and set up a small commercial VPN service it would have to be done 99.999% properly no down time could be afforded and all users would need to be provided with a 100% secure and reliable service. Anyhow that is just an idea that has been growing for a while now and as one can imagine one try's to get as much practise as possible. I keep thinking when I can protect our networks 100% then it may be possible to protect other networks using a VPN in this instance of course. Anyhow I have gone of topic the question is mainly which software would the community recommend for creating encryptions for the Windows VPN service. I know one has always been able to create a VPN as far back as Windows 7 and farther back I am sure but VPN's have become an almost well they are essential to the armour of security tools for commercial company's. I.e every company now uses a VPN for a layer of security and I some times think we may be to late !again! A small exclusive service may be profitable though? Any way this is probably not the place for this kind of post in fact I do not suppose anyone has any suggestions where this kind of post would be best placed? Either way thanks for the time and I hope for a look forward to a reply and continue this 'thread discussion'? Owe it may be worth mentioning that over the years I have literary has hundreds of VPN's in different variations. from free trials to self configured OpenVPN server configurations with CA (digital certification authentication) I have tried the 'man in the middle attack' on my own networks but to be honest I am not to sure how to even 'attempt this' I have succeeded in capturing the digital hand shake but as far as the de-cyphering ect goes or the other methods I do not have much of a clue well I have a clue but you know what I mean?

Best Regards

:)

VLADDIGBY, Oct 5, 2018
  2. VLADDIGBY Win User

Hello

Not sure if this is the right 'forum' to post this but MS does have it's own well built in VPN GUI now so? The main question is what would the community recommend or say is the best application/program/software for creating Digital key pairs for
    encrypting a personal VPN service. I have used OpenPGP in the past (obviously) as it is open software and so is available. Thing is there are different 'versions' of the software emerging. I use GPA and Kleopatra mostly as the gpg command lines are the same
    in the terminals for MS LINUX and APPLE ect. This is very handy and I hope it continues that way but I have a feeling it will not be like that for long. In fact GPA has become 'unstable' in fact Kleopatra has become a little 'unstable' recently too. I have
    used Puttygen. in the past but I am not 100% that it actually worked and provided the so called 'encrypted tunnel' or SSH? I think I am using the correct terminology? Anyhow just a question to put out there what would the experts at MS 'recommend' if they
    do not mind one asking? I keep thinking of trying to get my hands on a couple of big commercial servers and configuring them using OpenVPN which is the main 'software' I use for setting up VPN's now a days. There is nothing stopping one setting up a commercial
    VPN service using OpenVPN and OpenPGP is there? I am not totally sure I could configure them in expert quality (if that makes any séance.) If one was to try and set up a small commercial VPN service it would have to be done 99.999% properly no down time could
    be afforded and all users would need to be provided with a 100% secure and reliable service. Anyhow that is just an idea that has been growing for a while now and as one can imagine one try's to get as much practise as possible. I keep thinking when I can
    protect our networks 100% then it may be possible to protect other networks using a VPN in this instance of course. Anyhow I have gone of topic the question is mainly which software would the community recommend for creating encryptions for the Windows VPN
    service. I know one has always been able to create a VPN as far back as Windows 7 and farther back I am sure but VPN's have become an almost well they are essential to the armour of security tools for commercial company's. I.e every company now uses a VPN
    for a layer of security and I some times think we may be to late !again! A small exclusive service may be profitable though? Any way this is probably not the place for this kind of post in fact I do not suppose anyone has any suggestions where this kind of
    post would be best placed? Either way thanks for the time and I hope for a look forward to a reply and continue this 'thread discussion'? Owe it may be worth mentioning that over the years I have literary has hundreds of VPN's in different variations. from
    free trials to self configured OpenVPN server configurations with CA (digital certification authentication) I have tried the 'man in the middle attack' on my own networks but to be honest I am not to sure how to even 'attempt this' I have succeeded in capturing
    the digital hand shake but as far as the de-cyphering ect goes or the other methods I do not have much of a clue well I have a clue but you know what I mean?

Best Regards

VLADDIGBY, Oct 8, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User

No, Microsoft does not offer a VPN.

If you want to use a VPN you'll have to choose a third-party VPN provider from among the many that are available on the internet. Then you setup the VPN in your router.

BulldogXX, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service

[n2690] Edit the "select use" in authority certificates

This is a list of certificates which maybe i have edited.

- Baltimore CyberTrust Mobile Root

-Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority

- Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G2

- Class 4 Public Primary Certification Authority G4

- Equifax Secure Certificat Authority

- Equifax Secure Global eBusiness - G2

- Geo Trust CA For UTI

- Geo Trust Global CA

- Geo Trust Universal CA

- GlobalSign

- Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority

- Starfield Class 2 Certification Authority

- Thawte Code Signing CA

- Thawte Premium Server CA

- Thawte Server CA

- VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2001 CA

- VeriSign Class Public Primary Certification Authority - G3

- VeriSign Class 4 Public Primary Certification Authority - G3

- http___www.validcert.com_

unknown24---01, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service - Similar Threads - Creating Personal Certification

2. accidentally deleted the CA certificate template

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally deleted the CA certificate template: Hi,When I was working on a certificate issue, I accidentally deleted a certificate template. This template is used by all windows servers and dcs. As I am still new to CA infrastructure and my senior who set up this is not available, I do not know what's the consequences...
  3. accidentally deleted the CA certificate template

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally deleted the CA certificate template: Hi,When I was working on a certificate issue, I accidentally deleted a certificate template. This template is used by all windows servers and dcs. As I am still new to CA infrastructure and my senior who set up this is not available, I do not know what's the consequences...
  4. CA Intermediate certificate deployment in organization

CA Intermediate certificate deployment in organization: Hi,what is the best practices for intermediate certificate renewal and deployment with the same key pair.required to deploy renewed intermediate certificate in organization before to install them on Issuing CA.may it correct to add new AIA location before to install on...
  5. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certificate Authority and VPN issues: Hi all Apologises as this is all rather new to me. The other day we had issues with our remote users accessing VPN they had error messages like the below. After a lot of digging around it transpired our Certificate Authority server which is a virtual machine had an issue with...
  6. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

Certificate Authority and VPN issues: Hi all Apologises as this is all rather new to me. The other day we had issues with our remote users accessing VPN they had error messages like the below. After a lot of digging around it transpired our Certificate Authority server which is a virtual machine had an issue with...
  7. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service: Hello Not sure if this is the right 'forum' to post this but MS does have it's own well built in VPN GUI now so? The main question is what would the community recommend or say is the best application/program/software for creating Digital key pairs for encrypting a...
  9. recommendations for authorized microsoft support vpn service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recommendations for authorized microsoft support vpn service: What are some legitimate microsoft support services that can check my computer remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/recommendations-for-authorized-microsoft-support/aa36cf58-01ea-4fbc-af49-c6dfd47005e6
  10. How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?: I have one VPN Client that uses SSTP connection to my VPN Server, but it requires a certificate from the VPN Server and i don't know how to create it. I have this error 0x800B0109: "A Certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. starfield services root certificate authority - G2