Windows 10: creating Raid 0 fails

Discus and support creating Raid 0 fails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 24 HDD. This holiday season, I received four Seagate Exos enterprise X16 16 TB HDD. They connected to my motherboard using SAS . When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Teddy728, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Teddy728 Win User

creating Raid 0 fails

I have 24 HDD. This holiday season, I received four Seagate Exos enterprise X16 16 TB HDD. They connected to my motherboard using SAS . When I try to create a stripped raid with just 2 HDD, Disk Management FAILS. Same result for a two disk pool using Storage Spaces. Help!

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0903, 6/4/2020

SMBIOS Version 3.2

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product WS Z390 PRO

BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx

:)

Teddy728, Jan 6, 2021
  2. SuhenR Win User

RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on Windows 10 / RAID 0 does not exist

Please suggest me a software which allows me to create a RAID 0 partition

SuhenR, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Pinscher Win User
    Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

creating Raid 0 fails

Raid 0 help

You need to resize your NTFS partition. Run (Super + R; the run dialog box) and execute "diskmgmt.msc". You'll see that your RAID-0 is only partitioned to half of the array's size. Converting a disk to RAID doesn't do anything to the size of your partitions.

Aquinus, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

creating Raid 0 fails

1. creating Raid 0 fails - Similar Threads - creating Raid fails

2. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  3. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  4. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  6. Install Windows on Raid 0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on Raid 0: I have an i3-3240 processor, an ASRock H61M-VG3 motherboard and 2 Hitachi HDP725050GLA360G. My question is: what do I need to install Windows on the 2 hdds in Raid 0? And I would like if you can find me what's needed....
  7. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  8. Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell: My problem is pretty simple, I set up a 2 X 960 Evo SSD simple volume with Storage Spaces and performance was no better than using the drives singly. Some research seems to say that using the Storage Spaces gui in Win 10 only sets the columns to 1 when what I need is 2....
  9. Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails: Hi All, I've got a Windows 10 Home install running on a pair of 120GB SSDs running in RAID 0 (striped) - seemed like a good idea at the time.....ho-hum.... :/ Have now run out of space and want to move to a bigger (single) SSD. I used Macrium Reflect to clone the partitions...
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...