Windows 10: Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition

Discus and support Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I've just installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and formatted the HDD that had Windows 10 on it before. I just realized in Disk Management that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThymeSplitter, May 28, 2021.

1. Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition

Hello,I've just installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and formatted the HDD that had Windows 10 on it before. I just realized in Disk Management that the old HDD has the Recovery and EFI System Partitions. How would I go about adding those to the SSD instead?Thanks.

:)

ThymeSplitter, May 28, 2021
  2. Saltgrass Win User

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME after creating new EFI System Partition

I would probably have booted to a Windows install or recovery media to create the

EFI system partition by using Diskpart and the create par efi command with any modifiers necessary to make it fit in the correct location.

I know Linux can use a Microsoft EFI partition but I do know if Windows can use a Linux version.

Yes, the bcd listing which shows the boot manager and OS loader.

It may have been easier to use a third party partition manager to change the size of the EFI partition.

If you might need it, here are the details of an EFI partition from Diskpart.

Partition 2

Type : c12a7328-f81f-11d2-ba4b-00a0c93ec93b

Hidden : Yes

Required: No

Attrib : 0X8000000000000000

Offset in Bytes: 524288000

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------

* Volume 3 FAT32 Partition 99 MB Healthy System

Saltgrass, May 28, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, May 28, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition

How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

There are a couple of issues with the above sequence. First, @drpeppercan stated that they already deleted the EFI system and recovery partition. So why is there a select part 1 and delete part override in the command sequence? What is being deleted? The Microsoft System Reserved partition? Hopefully there is an MSR partition there because if partition 1 is the Windows OS partition, then you just deleted Windows. And if there is an MSR partition there, why delete it?

Second, without a size specified when creating the EFI System Partition, it is just going to fill all available free space at the beginning of the drive. If there was a recovery partition, EFI System Partition and MSR partition, that free space is likely to be 600 MB is size, so you just created a 600 MB EFI System Partition that only needs to be 100 MB in size.

Without seeing the layout of the disk with: select disk 0, detail disk, list part you can't really suggest an accurate list of commands to rebuild the EFI system partition. It's only guessing.

NavyLCDR, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition

1. Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition - Similar Threads - Creating Recovery EFI

2. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?: I have a desktop computer running windows 10 Pro. The partition containing C can be mirrored, but the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition cannot be mirrored. I want to make the disk created by mirroring bootable.Another computer is also running Windows 10 Pro, and...
  3. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?: I have a desktop computer running windows 10 Pro. The partition containing C can be mirrored, but the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition cannot be mirrored. I want to make the disk created by mirroring bootable.Another computer is also running Windows 10 Pro, and...
  4. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?: Hi i'm limon i need help, how to create recovery disk with efi partition?the reason i want this bc my computer is installed with non factory OS...
  6. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?: Hi i'm limon i need help, how to create recovery disk with efi partition?the reason i want this bc my computer is installed with non factory OS...
  7. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......: This guide is intended for educational purposes only.A fresh and clean installation is always the best thing to do, because in addition to a bug-free Windows experience, everything outside the Windows environment like the EFI partition, Recovery partition, and overall system...
  9. Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......

Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......: This guide is intended for educational purposes only.A fresh and clean installation is always the best thing to do, because in addition to a bug-free Windows experience, everything outside the Windows environment like the EFI partition, Recovery partition, and overall system...
  10. Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition: I forced reinstalled my windows 10 after my boot got corrupted by deleting linux on dual boot. Now I used diskpart to wipe my SSD before I began installation. When the Win10 installation is finished. I noticed that I have Recovery and EFI Partitions on Disk management. I'm...