Windows 10: Creating recovery media

Discus and support Creating recovery media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is continually freezing. Is it too late to create a recovery USB thourgh the HP Support Assistant? Does Windows need to be in full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jwblue, Mar 28, 2019.

1. jwblue Win User

Creating recovery media

My computer is continually freezing. Is it too late to create a recovery USB thourgh the HP Support Assistant?

Does Windows need to be in full functioning condition for a recovery media to be made?

:)

jwblue, Mar 28, 2019

2. Cannot create recovery media for Win 10

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

• What happens when you try to create recovery media? Do you get any error message?
    • What all options have you tried to create recovery media?

Refer the suggestions by Andre da Costa in the thread below and check if that helps.

Windows 10 Recovery Disc

Windows 10 Recovery Disc

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Cannot create recovery drive or bootable usb using media creation tool

Hi Stuart,

To assist you better with your concern, are you getting an error message upon creating a recovery drive, as well as creating a bootable USB drive? If yes, what's the error message?

In addition to that, have you tried the steps from the following articles:

Regards.

Marque Lor, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Creating recovery media

BSOD Recovery Media Fails

Hi,

This issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
      • bootrec /fixmbr
      • bootrec /fixboot
      • bootrec /scanos
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Creating recovery media

1. Creating recovery media - Similar Threads - Creating recovery media

2. Can't create Windows 10 Recovery Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't create Windows 10 Recovery Media: I'm attempting to create recovery media on a brand-new empty, scanned-as-good 32 GB USB drive. After starting by typing "Create a recovery drive" in the Start Menu, and then confirming I want the app to make changes, I see "Creating a recovery drive" I leave the check mark in...
  3. How to Create the bootable “Recovery” media.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Create the bootable “Recovery” media.: How to Create the bootable “Recovery” media. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-the-bootable-recovery-media/29938644-6b72-435d-a4cb-d3593c349769
  4. Creating Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media

Creating Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media: Hello. Should I create my USB Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media for my Windows 10 PC when its right out of the box - before the first set of Windows updates?...
  5. How to create recovery media?

How to create recovery media?: Hi I just wanted to know how to create recovery media. I know that there is a program on my computer that I use. So first I know that I will have to get an external drive to create the recovery media on, but how much space will it need to have? When I create the recovery...
  6. Unable to create a recovery drive by Recovery Media Creator

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create a recovery drive by Recovery Media Creator: I tried to create a recovery drive on Dell Inspiron 13 7000 according to these instructions. My OS is Windows 10 build 1803 17134.523 (why this cannot be copied?!) The USB key is a brand new 16GB Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3, checked for errors, formatted first with NTFS,...
  7. Recovery media created on other Laptop

Recovery media created on other Laptop: Can a recovery media created from one working laptop will be able to restore another same model laptop to its factory fresh or not? 112592
  8. Recovery media

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery media: Can a recovery media created from one working laptop will be able to restore another same model laptop to its factory fresh or not? 112592
  9. Creating a recovery partition using windows media creation tool

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creating a recovery partition using windows media creation tool: Hi all, I have just received a new laptop, but it didn't come with a recovery partition so I am trying to create one myself. The OS it's running is Windows 10 Home 64bit. I have downloaded the Media Creation Tool in order to download the ISO files for the partition...
  10. How do you create recovery media for Windows 10?

How do you create recovery media for Windows 10?: I originally purchased Windows 8 and upgraded to 8.1. I installed the Windows 10 upgrade via the downloadable Windows 10 Installation Tool and burning the ISO to a DVD. I understand that this will work to upgrade my system should I need to recover but will this still work...