Windows 10: Creating RemoteApps from two different Hyper-V VMs to run on the Host PC

Discus and support Creating RemoteApps from two different Hyper-V VMs to run on the Host PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys I'm not entirely sure what I am trying to do is possible, but if it is, hopefully someone can nudge me in the right direction. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mjena, Mar 15, 2019.

1. mjena Win User

Creating RemoteApps from two different Hyper-V VMs to run on the Host PC

Hey guys

I'm not entirely sure what I am trying to do is possible, but if it is, hopefully someone can nudge me in the right direction.

I have a Server with Windows 10 E that I work on. For the specific needs that I have, I need to run 2 different applications in 2 different VMs which I have created in Hyper-V.

I can connect to those VMs and everything works just fine.

However, it is a bit cumbersome to keep switching between VMs and I would love to be able to set up the applications that I need as RemoteApps so that it is much easier to navigate and use them at the same time.

Everything is to be set up and contained on the same machine, which is the reason i'm not sure this is achievable.

If you guys know the answer, or have any guides or resources to follow, that would be great.

thanks

:)

mjena, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Get access to VM machine on Hyper-V from login screen of Host PC

Hi Steven,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to get access to the VM machine on Hyper-V from the login screen of the host PC. However, as you are using Hyper-V and VM, I suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V and VM’s.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 15, 2019
  3. DMACUK Win User
    Hyper-V VM

With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine?

DMACUK, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Igor Lish Win User

Hyper-V PowerShell module fails to create new vm

I have a problem with Hyper-V PowerShell module, it fails to create a New-VM on my machine.

It worked fine until I had to reinstall Hyper-V feature in Windows 10.

Since then cannot create VM with powershell cmdlets, creating a VM in GUI works

I receive the following error

New-VM : Hyper-V encountered an error trying to access an object on computer ...... because the object was not

found. The object might have been deleted, or you might not have permission to perform the task. Verify that the

Virtual Machine Management service on the computer is running. If the service is running, try to perform the task again

by using Run as Administrator.

I am the Administrator on local PC, and I checked Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service, and it is in a running state.

Tried to rebuild MOF file

MOFCOMP %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsVirtualization.V2.mof

also tried to uninstall Hyper-V feature and reinstall it with powershell, and still no success.

Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -All

Any other ideas?

I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1709

Regards,

Igor

Igor Lish, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Creating RemoteApps from two different Hyper-V VMs to run on the Host PC - Similar Threads - Creating RemoteApps different

2. How to purchase license for Windows 10 to run that in Hyper-V VMs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to purchase license for Windows 10 to run that in Hyper-V VMs: Hello,I need to configure a Virtual Machine with Windows 10 OS using Hyper-VI should be able to export this VM, import it in multiple other machines and use it without any license related issues.Could someone please guide me on how to purchase license for this requirement...
  3. How to purchase license for Windows 10 to run that in Hyper-V VMs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to purchase license for Windows 10 to run that in Hyper-V VMs: Hello,I need to configure a Virtual Machine with Windows 10 OS using Hyper-VI should be able to export this VM, import it in multiple other machines and use it without any license related issues.Could someone please guide me on how to purchase license for this requirement...
  4. Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?: Hello,Working on expanding my skills and challenging myself and not looking for any easy outs. I have a QNAP TS932-PX with 2 x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives configured in RAID 0 I don't want to waste any space needlessly and have other alternatives for backup. I need to...
  5. Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?: Hello,Working on expanding my skills and challenging myself and not looking for any easy outs. I have a QNAP TS932-PX with 2 x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives configured in RAID 0 I don't want to waste any space needlessly and have other alternatives for backup. I need to...
  6. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  7. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  8. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Hyper-V forgets my VMs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V forgets my VMs: Ok on build 16288, but happened on earlier builds - when I reboot my laptop, Hyper-V keeps forgetting my VMs saying I have noinstalled. Only takes a couple of minutes to restore them but a PITA. I am going to try and unistall Hyper-V and reinstall to see if that fixes...
  10. Identifying VMs in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Identifying VMs in Hyper-V: Hi does anybody know how to tell what Hyper-V VM is connected to which /vhdx file ? It is all a bit of a mess now. I am guessing the only valid ones are the large datafiles? cheers [img] 84958