Windows 10: creating repair disc - error 0x8007045d

Discus and support creating repair disc - error 0x8007045d in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am just updating my backup protocol and got to the point of creating a new repair disc. I am using my internal dvd drive on my Acer laptop and using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisMcNicol, Oct 9, 2018.

1. creating repair disc - error 0x8007045d

I am just updating my backup protocol and got to the point of creating a new repair disc. I am using my internal dvd drive on my Acer laptop and using Windows 10. Whatever disc I load gets the error code error 0x8007045d.

Searching the net I got one article sugesting I had misconfigured system files in my windows operating system and suggested using their software to correct it. I have not used it, but did search the repair options in the Settings Menu - Troubleshoot but no issues found.

Any suggestions?

:)

ChrisMcNicol, Oct 9, 2018

2. cannot create repair disc

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with creating system repair disc. I will certainly help you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know please check if the CD/DVD drive is detecting in Device manager and check for yellow color exclamation mark next to it?

This issue could occur if the media is corrupted, hence you need to replace the media which you are using as some of the media may cause this type of issues while burning. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the
    issue.

Step 1.

In the search bar, type recdisc.exe and hit
    Enter.

Step 2.

• Now press Windows key + X and click
      Control Panel (All Items view), and click on the
      Backup and Restore
      icon.
    • Now click on the Create a System recovery disc link in the left blue pane.
    • Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the Create disc button.
    NOTE: If you are prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc cannot be found on your
    computer. Insert a Windows 10 installation disc.

• It will now start creating the System Repair Disc
    NOTE: If any Auto Play window pops up, just close it.

• When it's finished, click on the Close button.
    • Click on OK.
    • Now remove the remove and label your new Windows 10 System Repair Disc from the CD/DVD drive.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Ankit Rajput, Oct 9, 2018
  3. RLPQB Win User
    Windows 10 System Repair disc could not be created

After creating a system image, several attempts to create a Windows 10 System Repair DVD disc failed.

The process went on for several minutes and ended with a message stating:

"System repair disc could not be created.

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. (0x8007045D)"

I assume the backup system image is useless unless I'm able to create the repair disc. All updates are up todate.

Is there a fix that resolves this problem?

Thanks from Qualicum Beach

RLPQB, Oct 9, 2018
  4. creating repair disc - error 0x8007045d

error code 0x8007045d

Hi Gloria,

The issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we recommend to check this thread and look for Gokul T answer. It contains troubleshooting steps to fix the issue:

Error 0x8007045D: the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

Phillip Pio, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

creating repair disc - error 0x8007045d

1. creating repair disc - error 0x8007045d - Similar Threads - creating repair disc

2. Error 0x8007045D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x8007045D: I have hit the same issue as reported by several others whilst copying files from one USB drive to another. In this case a USB 3 drive to a USB 2 drive.... I'm freeing up space on one backup drive, by moving lesser accessed files to the slower USB 2 drive.I was using the...
  3. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  4. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  5. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Error 0x8007045D

Error 0x8007045D: Hi. I bought a new external hard drive, capacity 2TB, to which I transferred 149GB of files. However when try to copy additional files onto the external hard drive I get the following message: "Error 0x8007045D: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device...
  7. Error 0x8007045d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x8007045d: I’m reinstalling windows 10 and I got a error code 0x8007045d so I went into the command prompt and diskpart clean all disk 0 it says I/O error and sometimes disk 0 won’t show. Any help?!?!???...
  8. Creating a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a system repair disc: I have deleted all files from a disc and then formatted it. However, when I try to create a system repair idsc, I get an error message that the disc is not blank and I must use a blank disc to create a system repair disc. why doesn't the format create a useable disc?...
  9. Creat A System Repair Disc

Creat A System Repair Disc: in Windows 10 Home for Recovery OS I tried Creat A System Repair Disc. I insert a blank DVD 16X speed and creat but it is not supported so which burning speed of DVD can Use....
  10. error code: 0x8007045D

in Windows 10 Support
    error code: 0x8007045D: I just starting getting the following: error code: 0x8007045D when I try and move a folder from one drive to another. I can only find 3rd party programs that claim they work but they all come from sites I've never heard of before or are answers from years ago. Anyone...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code: 0x8007045d while burning recovery iso