Windows 10: Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; hi, Does Macrium clean USB flash drive before creating rescue media? 114295 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by oeivinr, Jul 18, 2018.

1. oeivinr Win User

Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect

hi,

Does Macrium clean USB flash drive before creating rescue media?

:)

oeivinr, Jul 18, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 18, 2018
  3. m3mpower Win User
    Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Hi

i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home.
    i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ).

i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it on my external.

my question is, will the rescue media created on the PC work on the Surface ? or each machine must have its own rescue media ?

thank you

m3mpower, Jul 18, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

They generally do if just restoring / backing up to local or usb drives, but may have issues if you try to use it to say restore from a network drive as network drivers are usually pc specific.

Also, some older bioses are not fully winpe 10 compatible, and you may need to use an earlier winpe e,g. winpe 5. This should not be an issue for a surface pro 4 though.

cereberus, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Creating rescue media

2. Macrium Reflect V7.2.4952 Can't creat rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect V7.2.4952 Can't creat rescue media: Win ver 18363.836. For months now I have been trying to create rescue media on CD with macrium reflect. Macrium stopped helping me after 3 email exchanges. They just stopped answering, ignoring one important question. Macrium window indicates it will download a 205K file from...
  3. Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect: I just ran Macrium Reflect to build rescue media on a Windows 10 laptop. In Other Tasks -> Create Rescue Media, I selected Windows Boot Menu, checked Add boot menu, and clicked Build. After the operation ended successfully, I looked to see if Macrium had created a new...
  4. Macrium Reflect rescue media questions

Macrium Reflect rescue media questions: So i'm a hobbyist system builder for friends a family and often i'm also their go-to guy for troubleshooting. Now, im using MR Home to do my own system backups but i've yet to make a rescue media (yeah go figure). So the question is 1. Since i'm hobbyist builder. Should i...
  5. Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition: How to: Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition This tutorial will show how to create a small Macrium Reflect Recovery Partition and add it to Windows 10 Boot Menu. In case of emergency, user can boot to Macrium Rescue environment and fix Windows boot issues, or restore...
  6. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  7. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  8. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home. i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ). i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it...
  9. Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect: Hello again, On creating a USB rescue media the following error message popped up: The USB disk contains the maximum number of partitions allowed. Please try a different USB disk or remove partitions. The USB stick I wanted for the rescue media is a 16 GB Lexar and...
  10. Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I could create rescue media and disk images. My computer will not boot from the rescue media that I created. The creation seemed to go fine, all the appropriate files seem to be there. The rescue USB shows up in my bios boot list third...