Windows 10: Creating Separate Folder

Discus and support Creating Separate Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello i just wanna ask a small help. i just need to make a backup everyday automatically and created separate folders with the date so it wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zaldhie, Sep 29, 2019.

1. zaldhie Win User

Creating Separate Folder

Hello i just wanna ask a small help. i just need to make a backup everyday automatically and created separate folders with the date so it wont overwrite the previous backup.

ex. 09292019 -backup file 1
    09302019 - backup file 2
    10012019 - backup file 3

above example are the same file but it has a different file size since it was overwriten by the system everyday.

my question is...is it possible or there is a software that can create folders that put filename with today's date and create separately in each folders and copy the files? so i wont create folder and make a copy manually everyday. All i want is install the software and create a task and it will run automatically.

thank you very much

:)

zaldhie, Sep 29, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Nit Pik Win User

Creating Separate Folder

Create 1 folder with 3 separate folders inside

I want to create this in a command line, one folder with 3 separate from each other folders. Is it even remotely possible to do that?

folder1

├─┬ folderA

├ folderB

├folderC

Nit Pik, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Creating Separate Folder

1. Creating Separate Folder - Similar Threads - Creating Separate Folder

2. How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?: Hello!Thank you for assisting! I have multiple folders with 80ish photos in each folder and I am using Adobe pro to combine all photos into one pdf. Right now I am just right clicking each folder and waiting for each file to load then combining and then saving it. I have...
  3. How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?: Hello!Thank you for assisting! I have multiple folders with 80ish photos in each folder and I am using Adobe pro to combine all photos into one pdf. Right now I am just right clicking each folder and waiting for each file to load then combining and then saving it. I have...
  4. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username: I replaced one of my storage drives with an SSD, and when I logged into my PC, I was given the "temporary account" error. I tried fixing it with the Registry Editor, but it always makes a entirely new user folder. If I try to access my original user folder, I am given a "You...
  5. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username: I replaced one of my storage drives with an SSD, and when I logged into my PC, I was given the "temporary account" error. I tried fixing it with the Registry Editor, but it always makes a entirely new user folder. If I try to access my original user folder, I am given a "You...
  6. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Create and separate access on user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create and separate access on user accounts: Hi folks! I have Windows 10 Professional on a laptop. Is there a possibility to separate accounts from each other as well as installation of programs, folders etc.? in a way that the programs/folders etc. only belong to one account and are not accessible from outside from...
  8. Duplicate Folder on Separate Drive

Duplicate Folder on Separate Drive: I have a folder on my C drive desktop. I want to save a copy of all my work that goes into that folder, into a duplicate folder on my D drive. I want it to be seamless without having to manually copy everything from C to D drive each day. Something like an auto backup....
  9. Create Completely Separate User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Completely Separate User: I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files, apps, or anything with the first account. Is there a way to partition my drives in such a way? I want to have a fresh install of steam and use separate files from my main user so when I use mods for games...
  10. Date separator in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Date separator in Downloads folder: So i just updated my Win10 to 1903 on the slow track. After doing so i have date separators in my downloads folder that i can't get rid off. it's driving me crazy, my downloads are separated like email - today, yesterday, etc. I've reset the folder view numerous times but...