Windows 10: Creating Startup Task for mouse driver settings need help please

Discus and support Creating Startup Task for mouse driver settings need help please in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble figuring out how to create a startup/log on task for doing 2 things. I want the task to run my gaming mouse software and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJ Lune44, Nov 14, 2020.

1. DJ Lune44 Win User

Creating Startup Task for mouse driver settings need help please

Hello, I'm having trouble figuring out how to create a startup/log on task for doing 2 things. I want the task to run my gaming mouse software and then have it apply the settings without having to do it manually every time I log on. I've attached a screen recording to show what I'm talking about.
    I'm running windows 10 Education v 19041.630
    Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HM6...ew?usp=sharing

:)

DJ Lune44, Nov 14, 2020

2. Mouse settings reset after boot

Hi,

Thank you for updating on the issue.

khalmnpr.exe is a background process that is installed on your system when you set up certain Logitech products, such as their wireless keyboards and mouse. It enables full configuration and diagnostics for these products. This program should be considered
    part of the driver package, and thus not touched under normal circumstances.

Step 1.

So, I suggest you try installing mouse driver in compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps on how to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Note: Make sure you download the updated graphic driver.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Step 2.

For the Cortana and Start menu issue, I suggest you to try the below steps provided and check if it helps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click on File tab and select Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside Create this task with administrative privileges.
    • Type Powershell.
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 14, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Nov 14, 2020
  4. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Nov 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Creating Startup Task for mouse driver settings need help please - Similar Threads - Creating Startup Task

2. ONN Mouse Driver problems, please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ONN Mouse Driver problems, please help.: I have replaced a plug and play ONN mouse and Windows downloaded a generic driver. I am having trouble with the mouse. I used another mouse before this one thinking the problem is the mouse but I am thinking now that iw is something to do with the driver or some update that...
  3. ONN Mouse Driver problems, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONN Mouse Driver problems, please help.: I have replaced a plug and play ONN mouse and Windows downloaded a generic driver. I am having trouble with the mouse. I used another mouse before this one thinking the problem is the mouse but I am thinking now that iw is something to do with the driver or some update that...
  4. ONN Mouse Driver problems, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help needed please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed please: On my laptop when I close the lid it will shutdown after couple of minutes. Before it will only goes to sleep and it is there when I open it. But now, I need to restart the PC because it shuts me down. I didnt change on anything about this laptop and I make sure that the PC...
  6. Please need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please need help: PC stuck at the welcome screen right now. I cant get the sign in page to open. This Windows 10 always have issue. Before I performed clean install just to fix windows 10 update issue and that is a long time ago. Now, the PC stuck at welcome and nothing help. If I need to...
  7. need help with realtek ethernet drivers please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help with realtek ethernet drivers please: hi everyone, since yesterday i haven't been able to connect to the internet. i can't install lan drivers for my motherboard which is the asus x570-p motherboard every time i try to install it, tells me ( the realtek network controller was not found. if deep sleep mode is...
  8. Need help please!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help please!: So unfortunately for me i was watching a movie last night when it said my internet connection has stopped and error etc... which is now working and fixed but i experienced a issue when my internet cut out at that time, my pictures/videos and settings and mail were all...
  9. Need help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help please: So yesterday i updated my win10 and every time before a update it start lagging and going all robot mode with me. It always ends after the update. But today ir happened 3 times and the one way to fix it temporarily is to shut it down, it doesn't even wanna go down itself i...
  10. need help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help please: I can't download battle net app on my pc to play blizzard games it wont even download it says on 1 or 2 percent and doesn't go up ugh please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-please/85742886-788d-4482-ba68-682a568b0dae