Windows 10: creating symlink

Discus and support creating symlink in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; using Command Prompt, only to be told that I "do not have sufficient privileges" What am I doing wrong, please? 147104 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bambuko, Dec 25, 2019.

1. bambuko Win User

creating symlink

using Command Prompt, only to be told that I "do not have sufficient privileges"
    What am I doing wrong, please?

:)

bambuko, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Symlinks in Windows 10

Source: Symlinks in Windows 10! - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows

Brink, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Update symlinks after moving target folder

Hi,
    I'm a photographer who recently started using symlinks to classify my photos into categories (read folders) on my windows 10 laptop. The target RAW files stay in folders on a removable HDD. Issue: I need to move the target folders a little (one step up or down the tree), and rename one of them. The filenames remain unchanged. Is there any program or utility out there which will allow me to change the symlink targets to point to the new locations, in batches, without me having to delete all the dead symlinks and create them again? Basically update the links the symlinks point to? *Huh
    Thanks

kumaramesh, Dec 25, 2019
  4. creating symlink

Windows Subsystem for Linux Dropbox Symlink Issue

I know this update is just a few hours old, but I'm already having an issue with symlinks in bash from linux to windows. I've created a symlink to my dropbox folder stored on my F: drive to my home directory with:

ln -s /mnt/f/Dropbox ~/Dropbox

The symlink is created as expected and when I cd into the Dropbox directory, all is well. However, when I then go into a subdirectory of Dropbox, it appears to work in that my pwd changes, yet the files listed with ls are
    those in the top level Dropbox directory. I can then infinitely cd into the same top level folder over and over again. Has anyone experienced this?

Aaron Sutton, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

creating symlink

1. creating symlink - Similar Threads - creating symlink

2. Will you add/create a Leapfrog Connect app in the Microsoft store so Window 11 users do not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will you add/create a Leapfrog Connect app in the Microsoft store so Window 11 users do not...: Will you add/create a Leapfrog Connect app in the Microsoft store, so Window 11 users do not need to switch out of Windows S Mode to connect our kid's learning device to our PC? If so, when will this be loaded to the Microsoft store?...
  3. Will you add/create a Leapfrog Connect app in the Microsoft store so Window 11 users do not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will you add/create a Leapfrog Connect app in the Microsoft store so Window 11 users do not...: Will you add/create a Leapfrog Connect app in the Microsoft store, so Window 11 users do not need to switch out of Windows S Mode to connect our kid's learning device to our PC? If so, when will this be loaded to the Microsoft store?...
  4. creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation ": When creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-recovery-disk-failed-at-selected-disk/11b4d24e-77fb-4759-921f-ca1d2a24a010
  5. creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation ": When creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-recovery-disk-failed-at-selected-disk/11b4d24e-77fb-4759-921f-ca1d2a24a010
  6. creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation "

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. can not create system image not enough disk space but I have 700 GB free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not create system image not enough disk space but I have 700 GB free space: I tried to create a system image , get message backup fail, my backup disk has 700 GB free space the backup is 67 GB no clue how to solve this bug...
  8. can not create system image not enough disk space but I have 700 GB free space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not create system image not enough disk space but I have 700 GB free space: I tried to create a system image , get message backup fail, my backup disk has 700 GB free space the backup is 67 GB no clue how to solve this bug...
  9. Developer Mode dosen't work for Windows 10 Build 20201 - Cannot create symlinks as regular user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Developer Mode dosen't work for Windows 10 Build 20201 - Cannot create symlinks as regular user: Hi, first time report. Developer Mode dosen't work - Developer Mode dosen't work for Windows 10 Build 20201 - Cannot create symlinks as regular user It works fine for Windows 10 Build 19041....
  10. Can I create a symlink to a folder, but exclude a sub-folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I create a symlink to a folder, but exclude a sub-folder?: TL;DR On COMPUTER-A I have a folder, with several files and sub-folders. COMPUTER-B is on the same network. On COMPUTER-B, can I add a symlink to the folder, but exclude one of the sub-folders? Hi all. I have a question about Windows symlinks. Here is my setup: I have two...