Windows 10: creating symlink

Discus and support creating symlink in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; using Command Prompt, only to be told that I "do not have sufficient privileges" What am I doing wrong, please? 147104 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bambuko, Dec 25, 2019.

1. bambuko Win User

creating symlink

using Command Prompt, only to be told that I "do not have sufficient privileges"
    What am I doing wrong, please?

:)

bambuko, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Symlinks in Windows 10

Source: Symlinks in Windows 10! - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows

Brink, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Update symlinks after moving target folder

Hi,
    I'm a photographer who recently started using symlinks to classify my photos into categories (read folders) on my windows 10 laptop. The target RAW files stay in folders on a removable HDD. Issue: I need to move the target folders a little (one step up or down the tree), and rename one of them. The filenames remain unchanged. Is there any program or utility out there which will allow me to change the symlink targets to point to the new locations, in batches, without me having to delete all the dead symlinks and create them again? Basically update the links the symlinks point to? *Huh
    Thanks

kumaramesh, Dec 25, 2019
  4. creating symlink

Windows Subsystem for Linux Dropbox Symlink Issue

I know this update is just a few hours old, but I'm already having an issue with symlinks in bash from linux to windows. I've created a symlink to my dropbox folder stored on my F: drive to my home directory with:

ln -s /mnt/f/Dropbox ~/Dropbox

The symlink is created as expected and when I cd into the Dropbox directory, all is well. However, when I then go into a subdirectory of Dropbox, it appears to work in that my pwd changes, yet the files listed with ls are
    those in the top level Dropbox directory. I can then infinitely cd into the same top level folder over and over again. Has anyone experienced this?

Aaron Sutton, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

creating symlink

1. creating symlink - Similar Threads - creating symlink

2. Can't share newly created directory with XP machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't share newly created directory with XP machine: I've been using an older XP machine on my home network for years and have never had a problem with using shares on my "main" Win 10 machine. (Win 10 - Version 1903 Build 18362.592) I recently had to uninstall and reinstall a program on the Win 10 computer due to needing to...
  3. How to change standard user to a child user to create time limits on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change standard user to a child user to create time limits on windows 10?: ow to change a standard user to a child user to create time limits on windows 10?I read a few avenues but all are iffy and not clear? I don't want him to lose what he has saved or what is connected to current account. Help Please?...
  4. Win update 2010-01 Changed my USERS target folder to newly created TEMP folder in USERS folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win update 2010-01 Changed my USERS target folder to newly created TEMP folder in USERS folder: When the 2020-01 Cum update for Win 10 ver 1909 was installed it added a TEMP file in USERS file and now my system is directed to the TEMP file C:\Users\TEMP\ and not my file that hold all of my data, C:\Users\"My File"\. I had restored the system to an earlier point in Jan...
  5. Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD?: On Win 10 Home my Dell desktop has an internal 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB standard HDD (D drive). Wondering if it is possible to somehow create a desktop for the 1 TB drive as documents, photos, videos and other storage hogs will be on it. Dell tech support (if I was...
  6. Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint: Hi All, After some advice on creating a map of the UK that shows all of the our sites to be used on our SharePoint intranet using SharePoint Designer 2013/Windows 10 Pro . When you look at the map it would show the locations of our sites and if you clicked on one of them you...
  7. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one.": First "MOIN" @all - nice to be part of the community now! I hope you can help me with the following problem: I tried Windows 10 today newinstall not upgrading to my computer on which Windows 7 was running before. Unfortunately, there was no installation prozess goes on...
  8. Has the ability to create contact from email in Mail app been discontinued

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has the ability to create contact from email in Mail app been discontinued: Mail app version; Version 16005.12228.20410.0 This used to be available Add a contact from an email If you're using the Mail app, you can save a contact from an email to the People app. Select the Start button, then select Mail. Choose a message. Select the name of the...
  9. Windows 10 keeps on blocking a game app to create a new file/folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps on blocking a game app to create a new file/folder: I have made sure the related app's .exe file has been white-listed on the ransomware protection list. This doesn't work and every time I load the game and/or want to make a new profile in the game, Windows always gives me a prompt telling me that it cannot make a temporary...
  10. In all windows applications and trying to send email,I get a message that i need to create...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In all windows applications and trying to send email,I get a message that i need to create...: I get a message in all window applications, word example,when I push email, that there is nothing associated , or i need to create a association in the default program. What and how do I create this function?...