Windows 10: Creating System File Recovery File

Discus and support Creating System File Recovery File in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new Sureface Pro 6 and ive been trying to create a Recovery Drive on USB Drive which looks OK. when I started the recovery after choosing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amadani, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Amadani Win User

Creating System File Recovery File

I bought a new Sureface Pro 6 and ive been trying to create a Recovery Drive on USB Drive which looks OK. when I started the recovery after choosing the USB Drive, It shows an instructions said to format the flash drive to NTFS.

after formating the USB Drive to NTFS and re do Creating System File Recovery File it still gives me the same message to format the flash drive to NTFS.

Can anyone tell me what to do with this issue.

thank you...

:)

Amadani, Jan 8, 2020

2. Unable to create System Repair Disc with some files missing on Windows 10

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a repair disc on your computer. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to create System Repair Disc?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan as System File Checker utility in Windows allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about creating a recovery drive and check if it helps.

Create a recovery drive

For more information refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information. We will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 8, 2020
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    Best free file recovery

My mate was doing a back up and somehow managed to delete a lot of important files and photos, he has downloaded a program called pctools which does file recovery and it finds the files though to recover them he has to pay, he is a bit dubious about paying before the recovery incase it doesnt do as advertised, does anyone know of any good free file recovery apps that actually work.

The files shouldnt be too hard to recover as they were just deleted from the recycle bin and the drive hasnt been formatted, any help appreciated.

NdMk2o1o, Jan 8, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Macbook system/file recovery [Help!!]

Tear out the drive and then run PhotoRec from a PartedMagic Live CD. PhotoRec recovers anything and everything that has bits and keeps it as it is. Format the drive after recovery, reinstall the OSX and dump the files back on.

RCoon, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Creating System File Recovery File - Similar Threads - Creating System File

2. how often are new system files created?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how often are new system files created?: i feel like every single day when i go into my file explorer, more and more system files are there, and their creation dates are as soon as that precise day. are they a daily thing? i’m so confused submitted by /u/socksgrowonbushes [link] [comments]...
  3. Random files deleted, Encrypting File System certificate created

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random files deleted, Encrypting File System certificate created: Hi all, so TLDR: Files randomly deleted (maybe somehow hidden?) at around 16:39 today. Here's some of the info: Windows version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Microsoft Visual Studio 2019, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Android Emulator were all running when this...
  4. Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery.: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home. My hardware details are: [ATTACH] my windows details are: [ATTACH] I want to reinstall windows but I cannot create a recovery media. [ATTACH] Please help me....
  5. Creating system image file

Creating system image file: Hello, I have been having a problem creating an image file. I do so on its own and don't include a backup of my files. I have a screen image of the error I received which I hope will help someone. I am no expert and need guidance please to rectify. I will copy/paste the...
  6. creating a system recovery disk

creating a system recovery disk: Setting up windows backup; if my laptop drive dies, how do I create a disk to begin recovery process? Is cloning a better option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-system-recovery-disk/0e608ccc-c4ed-4b81-90a8-59c2d88208c9
  7. Can't create a recovery drive - files missing

Can't create a recovery drive - files missing: Following security update 1/9/2019, I can not create a recovery drive. The message says files are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-recovery-drive-files-missing/63e548f5-5870-4f0c-a0ea-5d7fd7450f56
  8. Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.: Hello friends! I have a little doubt regarding the creation of a recovery disc.When starting the creation of a recovery unit, if I select the option "Back up system files to the recovery drive", according to the media creation program, I can perform a Windows installation...
  9. Missing files when creating Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing files when creating Recovery Drive: I'd like to make a recovery drive for my Win 10 PC. But when I click "Create Recovery Drive I get an error message that reads "files are missing." This is an "upgrade" Win 10 system from Win 7 Ult 64bit, not quite 1 month old so I don't see how anything should be missing....
  10. Create System Information File in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Information File in Windows 10: How to: Create System Information File in Windows 10 How to Create a System Information File in Windows 10 MSINFO contains in depth pertinent information about your system and is often used by Ten Forums members when helping users solve issues, especially during...