Windows 10: Creating System Image But USB Doesnt Show

Discus and support Creating System Image But USB Doesnt Show in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; please help i try to use this guide https://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-full-backup-windows-10 but when i go to select usb to download the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SameTransportation28, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Creating System Image But USB Doesnt Show

/u/SameTransportation28, Jan 12, 2021
  2. regism Win User

How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Thanks Maria:

I made a system image on a USB flash drive using the tools available in Windows 10. I want to make this image bootable so that I can reinstall it on my computer from the same USB flash drive. Can I do this using the method you have suggested?

If not, can you or anyone else tell me how to do this?

Thanks again,

Regis

regism, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Creating System Image But USB Doesnt Show

cant do system image on usb

Hi Debbie,

In response to your query, please be informed that it is not recommended to use a USB drive as a recovery drive as the size of the System Image could be bigger than the USB drive's available memory. Also, since the
    drive size is usually small, it tends to fill up quickly, especially when creating the System Images as it is scheduled to occur at a particular time.

However, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Create a directory/folder on your USB drive.

2. Right-click the directory and choose "Share with", "Specific people".
    3. Choose your account from the list and click Share and Done.

4. In the "Create System Image" menu choose "On a network location".

5. Enter the URL/folder path of the shared folder in the USB drive for your share (For eg: This D:\sharedfolder)

6. Enter your username and password and click OK

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Creating System Image But USB Doesnt Show

1. Creating System Image But USB Doesnt Show - Similar Threads - Creating System Image

2. create system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create system image: just updated to win 8.1 difficulty in find how to do a system image for future recovery. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image/97d4d168-ad0f-4b73-9126-deada0a14ede
  3. create system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    create system image: I just got a new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. How do i create system image or repair disc so i can reload Windows if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image/85580817-ed8a-415b-8225-143159961fff
  4. Create system image

Create system image: I have heard roumors that the function "Create System Image" that is included in Windows 10 will be removed soon. Can anyone tell me when Microsoft intends to remove this function from Windows 10? Kind regards...
  5. Create System Image

Create System Image: Hi there I am trying to create a system image of my primary drive. This includes 3 partitions: EFI System Partition, System C: and a hidden recovery partition. The problem is that in drives selection page I don't see the recovery partition as you can see in the photo....
  6. Creating a system image

Creating a system image: Hi, I wanted to create a system image . I have some screen shots for the issue.Note that this has not been an issue before 2004 version. As you can see in the screen shots "Back up and Restore" includes D: in system but in the computer management it is not a...
  7. CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE

CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE: Trying to create a system image for my Windows 10 desktop to a usb 3.0 flash drive formatted for NTFS as required. Receiving an error message "the drive is not a valid backup location". Can anyone help?...
  8. Create System Image to USB

Create System Image to USB: Just got a new Dell PC with Windows 10 and I want ti create a disk image in case I need to restore my system to factory settings but do not see how I can do that to a USB drive and would appreciate your help....
  9. Create image with USB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create image with USB: I have an HP laptop with 6 gig of RAM and 1 gig hard drive. I use an external hard drive to create an image which uses about 58 gig of space. I would like to use a USB instead of the hard drive. Can I get a USB big enough to make an image and if so, about how much would it...
  10. Create a system image not working for USB drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create a system image not working for USB drive: I recently installed W10 on a new HDD, and also got a new USB flash drive for back up purposes. Both drives are 128GB in size, and the HDD has 37GB of its space used up for the W10 OS, and a few other bits and pieces. The USB drive is empty, and has been formatted for NTFS....