Windows 10: Creating USB Boot media Help.

Discus and support Creating USB Boot media Help. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've been trying to create USB boot device for W10 but the program closes without warning a little while after it reaches the analysis... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by parkersblock, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Creating USB Boot media Help.

Hi guys,

I've been trying to create USB boot device for W10 but the program closes without warning a little while after it reaches the analysis stage (after 100% download)

I've tried 3 times now and can't figure out why its not working.

:)

parkersblock, Jul 29, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How can I run the ISO Boot Files on my non-functioning Laptop?

Go into your BIOS and set your DVD Drive as the First boot device, reboot with the DVD in the drive and Windows should start installing.

If this does not work, download 'windows7 usb/dvd tool' and use it to create installation media on a USB Flash Drive (4GB min) from the ISO, then change the boot order so as to boot from USB Media in your BIOS.

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Jul 29, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    hard drive takes a LONG time to get to screen before the log in screen

Have you created bootable media (preferably a flash drive as the Media Creation tool will format the drive to create Installation Media) from the Media Creation Tool!

You may need to go into your BIOS to enable USB Boot.

Also depending on the age of your system (if it has the newer UEFI BIOS):

• Disable Secure Boot
    • Enable Legacy Boot
    • If applicable/possible enable CSM
    • Enable USB Booting
    • Move USB Drive to the top of the boot order
    • Save changes and reboot

DaveM121, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Creating USB Boot media Help.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. rmonroe36 Win User
    Rufus

Rich

rmonroe36, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Windowz10 Win User
    I've used the same approach listed by Brink, it's essentially the way Microsoft's own support pages say to do it.

No issues.

Windowz10, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help Parker. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Creating USB Boot media Help.

1. Creating USB Boot media Help. - Similar Threads - Creating USB Boot

2. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  3. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  4. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating Win10 Task Sequence USB Boot media?

Creating Win10 Task Sequence USB Boot media?: I am guessing that this is a dumb question since this method of creating a Win10 USB boot media requires a SCCM server. Anyways, it will probably will not hurt to ask but I do want to play around with SCCM Task Sequences and since i don't have a server to this at home and do...
  6. USB ruined with Media creating tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ruined with Media creating tool: Hi dear community I need help with my usb stick, couple weeks ago I got the windows fall update for my pc and I had just a little space on my C drive, so I found out that I can upgrade using my USB, that's what I did and sadly it didn't go well, the installation stopped half...
  7. help with booting windows 10 media tool from USB

help with booting windows 10 media tool from USB: so i've downloaded the win 10 media tool onto my USB and set it as the boot option in the bios. but once it boot up it says that i need to insert a media device and click OK. once i click OK though it tells me that no device drivers were found. i have tried putting the stick...
  8. how to create a USB bootable media

how to create a USB bootable media: I have an Acer desktop computer running Windows 10 and I got only the update Version 1803. I can't get 1809 and 19093 because after installation, I can't boot the computer. On the other hand, Microsoft informs that I need to get the newer version update. That is why I need to...
  9. Create a boot USB using a mac

Create a boot USB using a mac: Hello, I've just built a new machine and I need to install Windows on it. I am trying to create a boot USB but only have a mac to create it, is this possible? A lot of the tutorials seem to be to create a boot usb to install windows ON the mac. That isn't what I want to do....
  10. Reflect Rescue Media USB Not Booting

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect Rescue Media USB Not Booting: Made Reflect (free) USB rescue Media as per the instructions. Process finished successfully. USB plugged into a USB slot on the back of the machine. My computer MoBo Asus M4A88T-M (purchased 2011), non UEFI. BIOS set to "removable media" 1st choice boot and HDD 2nd choice....