Creating USB Recovery Drive

Discus and support Creating USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Created a recovery drive on build 9879. Went to create one for build 9926, option check box is grayed out and it states that key files are missing. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wptski, Feb 4, 2015.

1. wptski Win User

Created a recovery drive on build 9879. Went to create one for build 9926, option check box is grayed out and it states that key files are missing. The folder is there with the image so I'm not sure about missing files.

I had several BSODs after the initial install but that problem was corrected but I'm not sure if that's the reason for this or not. I have no intention to restore from this medium but only would use the USB drive to get to WinRE options but wonder what the issue is.

:)

wptski, Feb 4, 2015
  2. Swapna S Win User

can i make recovery drive from the same PC in a pendrive TWICE?

Hi Krutik,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in creating USB/pendrive recovery drive on same PC.

As per you question,

Yes, you can create USB recovery drive on same PC.

Please refer below Microsoft Article in creating USB recovery drive it applies to Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

Note: Creating a recovery drive will erase anything already stored on your USB flash drive. Use an empty USB flash drive or make sure to transfer any important data from your USB flash drive to another storage
    device before using it to create a USB recovery drive.

Please get back to us, if you still facing any issues in creating USB/pendrive recovery drive on same PC.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Feb 4, 2015
  3. Sachin Venkatesh Win User
    Create Recovery USB Wizard does not recognize my USB drive - Dell Workstation with Windows 10 Professional

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• What is the capacity of the USB device and what is the size of the recovery image which you are trying to create?
    To create a recovery drive, you'll need an external USB drive formatted to FAT32, with enough available storage space for all your recovery data.

Creating a recovery drive will erase anything that’s stored on your USB drive. Make sure to transfer any important data from your USB drive to another storage device before using that USB drive to create a recovery drive.

I suggest you to reformat the device to FAT32 and check creating the recovery drive if the issue resolves.

Reference: Create a recovery drive

Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 4, 2015
Thema:

Creating USB Recovery Drive

Creating USB Recovery Drive - Similar Threads - Creating USB Recovery

1. Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?: Is it overkill to create both a USB Recovery drive and a bootable flash drive to install Win10? HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 320 GB HDD. 4/8 GB RAM I recently revitalized my friends HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 4 GB RAM...
  2. Creating a Recovery Drive USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a Recovery Drive USB: I have recently updated to Version 1511 and thought I would try to create a recovery drive on a USB having been unsuccessful when trying in the earlier Windows 10. This time it seemed to be working with the system files box checked, though it seemed to take an age before the...
  3. Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB: I have just bought a new Inspiron 15 5000 Dell with Windows 10 and cannot create a recovery drive. Do you know how I can fix this? 22683
  4. How to create a single USB recovery drive for TWO machines

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a single USB recovery drive for TWO machines: Hi, I've got two machines, a desktop and a Laptop, both running Windows 10. I am wondering if I can create a single bootable USB recovery drive adequate for restoring both systems. Or do I need to make TWO USB drives for that purpose. edwin 13683
  5. Create a boot image file from a Bootable USB Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a boot image file from a Bootable USB Windows 10 install: John, As a different slant on this & in the hope of being helpful - You can create a bootable ISO using the Media creation tool [from which you would create a bootable installation USB if you needed one]. Any existing installation USB you have will be at whatever...
  6. Cannot Create Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Create Recovery USB: I have a handful of questions and issues with "Create Recovery Drive" 1. How dose Windows 10 Recovery disk work? When I first tried to create a recovery drive, it specifies the drive size I would need. One said I would need a USB that would take up to 8GB, the other...
  7. Win 10: Grey Spinning wheel: How to create USB recovery?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10: Grey Spinning wheel: How to create USB recovery?: I have a custom built dual boot Win 7 64 bit OS. I got notified about upgrade availability and upgraded successfully with a minor glitch. (The monitor display went off with frequency mismatch. While I was searching for help the machine restarted automatically and voilla win...
Creating USB Recovery Drive solved