Creating USB Recovery Drive

Discus and support Creating USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Created a recovery drive on build 9879. Went to create one for build 9926, option check box is grayed out and it states that key files are missing. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wptski, Feb 4, 2015.

1. wptski Win User

Created a recovery drive on build 9879. Went to create one for build 9926, option check box is grayed out and it states that key files are missing. The folder is there with the image so I'm not sure about missing files.

I had several BSODs after the initial install but that problem was corrected but I'm not sure if that's the reason for this or not. I have no intention to restore from this medium but only would use the USB drive to get to WinRE options but wonder what the issue is.

:)

wptski, Feb 4, 2015
  2. Swapna S Win User

can i make recovery drive from the same PC in a pendrive TWICE?

Hi Krutik,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in creating USB/pendrive recovery drive on same PC.

As per you question,

Yes, you can create USB recovery drive on same PC.

Please refer below Microsoft Article in creating USB recovery drive it applies to Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

Note: Creating a recovery drive will erase anything already stored on your USB flash drive. Use an empty USB flash drive or make sure to transfer any important data from your USB flash drive to another storage
    device before using it to create a USB recovery drive.

Please get back to us, if you still facing any issues in creating USB/pendrive recovery drive on same PC.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Feb 4, 2015
  3. Sachin Venkatesh Win User
    Create Recovery USB Wizard does not recognize my USB drive - Dell Workstation with Windows 10 Professional

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• What is the capacity of the USB device and what is the size of the recovery image which you are trying to create?
    To create a recovery drive, you'll need an external USB drive formatted to FAT32, with enough available storage space for all your recovery data.

Creating a recovery drive will erase anything that’s stored on your USB drive. Make sure to transfer any important data from your USB drive to another storage device before using that USB drive to create a recovery drive.

I suggest you to reformat the device to FAT32 and check creating the recovery drive if the issue resolves.

Reference: Create a recovery drive

Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Creating USB Recovery Drive - Similar Threads - Creating USB Recovery

2. E drive is full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E drive is full: Microsoft, why don't you fix this problem. You do everything else remotely. Please fix the problem that concerns "my E drive is full" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/e-drive-is-full/7efe3f7a-b04b-4c36-890f-9d21ca1f9a59
  3. Windows 10 Pro USB Mouse and Keyboard Failure

Windows 10 Pro USB Mouse and Keyboard Failure: I upgraded my Dell Windows 10 Pro two weeks ago to the 8000 Version build and found that my USB Mouse and Keyboard were no longer operational. After several restarts and power downs, did some searching on internet, Found many users having same problems after upgrade, but...
  4. USB failure

USB failure: Problem with win 10 usb not recognizing devices ? Is there a better driver to fix usb recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-failure/d8ea8486-3e39-4588-bf65-26ba43f3c2ae
  5. Freeing Space in this Small Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing Space in this Small Drive: Hi! I've got 1.45GB free of 28.6GB in my computer. How do I free up space (like 6GB more) so I can install a program? I tried to find programs that take up additional spaces but I couldn't find any. Is Windows 10 occupying most of the 28.6GB of this computer? What can I do...
  6. BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive: Hi everyone, I would really appreciate it if someone could help asap. All was working fine earlier today, but after leaving my pc in sleep mode to go make a cup of tea, I came back and it wouldn't wake up. So I forced it to reboot. Since then it, it gives a BSOD error as...
  7. Freeing Space in this Small Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing Space in this Small Drive: Hi! I've got 1.45GB free of 28.6GB in my computer. How do I free up space (like 6GB more) so I can install a program? I tried to find programs that take up additional spaces but I couldn't find any. Is Windows 10 occupying most of the 28.6GB of this computer? What can I do...
  8. Ipod classic 160 GB USB not working

Ipod classic 160 GB USB not working: I have a older Ipod classic 160 GB - with my music/ podcasts- it worked / updated when I connected it to the computer - in I tunes-now with the up grade - it does not recognize the iPOD says the USB will not work. My drivers are up tp date Any solution - did the...
  9. One Drive Failing (A Device Attached to the System is not Functioning)

One Drive Failing (A Device Attached to the System is not Functioning): I intermittently get failures of OneDrive with the message "A device attached to the system is not functioning." I've tried resetting it, but that doesn't work. So, this means that I randomly lose access to my documents / pictures etc. Please help get this fixed....
  10. My D: drive on a 2nd hand HP 250 laptop which I recently purchased is running out of space.

My D: drive on a 2nd hand HP 250 laptop which I recently purchased is running out of space.: Please can anyone tell me the best , easiest option to make my C: drive into my main/normal drive as that has loads of space. Thanks...