Windows 10: creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup

Discus and support creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; if i use 4gb 16gb or 32gb usb3 flash drives with windows 10 download tool for install on my computer it gets to 100% done then i exits it but i end up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zapbuzz, Dec 23, 2018.

1. zapbuzz Win User

creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup

if i use 4gb 16gb or 32gb usb3 flash drives with windows 10 download tool for install on my computer it gets to 100% done then i exits it but i end up with an unformated flash drive at the end of the rocess. Why? and how to I remedy this irritating situation it has done it to me 8 times already!

could it be a glitch with usb3? what if i use usb2??

:)

zapbuzz, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Creating a bootable USB windows 10

You can create a bootable copy on your Mac using unetbootin for Mac:

https://unetbootin.github.io/

Download the Windows 10 ISO in macOS:

Download Windows 10 ISO Files Directly Using Your Web Browser

Select the Disk Image radio box, choose ISO, click the browse button (represented by an ellipsis …), browse to the Windows 10 ISO file then click
    Open. Chose the medium from the Type list box—in this case, your USB drive. Click in the drive list box then select your USB thumb drive. Click OK to create the bootable copy.

creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup create-pcunlocker-usb-mac.png

Once your bootable copy is created, you can proceed to configure your BIOS to boot from the install media then install Windows 10:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/bios-uefi-setup-guide-boot-from-cd-dvd-usb-drive-sd-card/

Andre Da Costa, Dec 23, 2018
  4. creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup

Can't create a windows 10 setup USB

• Right-click on the Media Creation Tool.exe.

• Press Properties.

• Click on General.

• At the bottom, click on Unblock.

• Press Apply, and then OK.
    Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

If that does not work, download the ISO file manually, then create a bootable copy using Rufus:

Step 1: Download Windows 10 ISO Files Directly Using Your Web Browser

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup

1. creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup - Similar Threads - creating usb3 bootable

2. Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI: Hi All,I'm having issues with a new PC build with getting a fresh windows install on a blank M.2 drive. Can anyone help me on this? Here's summary of issue: I can see my M.2 drive on the "EZ" screen of the BIOS so I know it's recognizable. I can boot from USB and start the...
  3. Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI: Hi All,I'm having issues with a new PC build with getting a fresh windows install on a blank M.2 drive. Can anyone help me on this? Here's summary of issue: I can see my M.2 drive on the "EZ" screen of the BIOS so I know it's recognizable. I can boot from USB and start the...
  4. Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating a bootable Windows 10 USB on a Mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a bootable Windows 10 USB on a Mac: I just built my first PC after being a lifelong Mac user. I need to install Windows 10 on it so I need to create a bootable USB on my Mac to put on this new computer. I cannot for the life of me get this to work. Has anyone accomplished this recently? It seems like a big...
  6. Creating Bootable Media

Creating Bootable Media: Hi all,I have a quick question about creating a bootable usb stick.I am not to computer savvy so please bare with me. I read the tutorial on how to do it with the media creation tool.Went as planned,I guess,haven't used it yet but what I wanted to know is I removed the usb...
  7. Creating a bootable drive

Creating a bootable drive: I am going to be using a Clickfree backup drive as a Windows 10 bootable drive. [img] Does the bootable mage need to be burned onto the drive or can the file just be copied? 128448
  8. Creating a bootable drive

Creating a bootable drive: How can I use a USB drive that has Windows 10 CD image on there to create a bootable drive. Either USB or CD. I browse the files on the usb that I have and it has setup and folders for x86 and x64, etc....I want to make a bootable USB or CD for Windows 10. I also have a...
  9. Creating bootable DVD of Windows 10

Creating bootable DVD of Windows 10: Hi! I want to create a bootable DVD of Windows 10,so that I can directly install Windows 10 from that DVD, whenever I want to. So, which type of DVD should I use? What I mean by this is that should I use DVD-R or DVD+R. Or should I use DVD+RW or DVD-RW. Also, how can I make...
  10. How to create a bootable CD in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to create a bootable CD in windows 10: Must be old school, but is there a way to create a CD in Windows 10 that is bootable. All the discussions that I have found talk about the ISO file for windows 10. I have a laptop that has an enterprise version of windows 7 on it, and I want to do a clean install of windows...