Windows 10: Creating video subtitles..any easy way of doing this?

Discus and support Creating video subtitles..any easy way of doing this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know any easy method of creating subtitles to overlay on videos ? There are various online subtitle editors like Veed which are not ideal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by treblefree, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Creating video subtitles..any easy way of doing this?

Does anyone know any easy method of creating subtitles to overlay on videos ? There are various online subtitle editors like Veed which are not ideal as they mainly for uploading to YouTube,Facebook and social media sites. I have some personal family videos which need some subtitles to share with family members only. Presently, i am using Movie Maker...not the original Windows Movie Maker as Microsoft has discontinued this...but a version that looks similar in use and layout to Windows Movie Maker. Anyway, i add video , play the video and pause the video then i enter text and restart video and pause it again at another section and enter text again. This procedure is a bit time consuming or do i need complex and expensive video editor software to this method ? Ideas ? Thank you My OS is Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1165

:)

treblefree, Aug 15, 2021
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Subtitles in videos in Windows 10.

Hello Rita,

Have you tried the resolutions given by other community members on this thread? If not, we suggest that you check them out and see if it helps.

If you are still unable to setup the subtitles, please answer the following questions to be able to assist you further:

• What app are you using to use when playing videos?
    • What file type are the videos that you usually play?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Aug 15, 2021
  3. Subtitles in videos in Windows 10.

I found the answer for display external subtitle file using Windows 10 "Film & TV" app.

The trick is to add the video folder into "Film & TV" app

• Launch "Film & TV" app
    • On the main screen, add the folder where you have the video by clicking on "+ Add folders"
    • This can be the parent folder of the video, and the app will scan through all the sub-directories in it (it will take some time)
    • Wait for the video scanning process to finish
    • Scroll all the way down to "All videos" to see a list of video files it recognize (if it doesn't recognize, then subtitle won't work)
    • Single click on the video to start playing
    • To confirm it picks up the subtitle file, click on "Show menu for subtitles and sound" which is a subtitle icon next to the volume button on lower left
    I named my subtitle file to the same name of my mp4 (I haven't tested other movie format)

After that is setup, then playing the video from Windows Explorer (double click) or from "Film & TV" will pick up the subtitile file

SingCheong, Aug 15, 2021
  4. Creating video subtitles..any easy way of doing this?

Subtitles in videos in Windows 10.

There are a few options for an alternative solution to your problem that have already been posted by members in this thread.

• Use the "Movies & TV" app
    • Install K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool: Codec Tweak Tool > Media Foundation > disable for .mp4. Watch the videos in Windows Media Player
    • Install VLC which automatically detects SRT files with the same name as the video file

Frank Moolah, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

Creating video subtitles..any easy way of doing this?

1. Creating video subtitles..any easy way of doing this? - Similar Threads - Creating video subtitles

2. Easy Way to create grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy Way to create grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents: Good dayI set up my laptop to be able to quickly type special characters, i.e. grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents, it worked fantastic. I have a new laptop now and cannot remember how I did it, I could not find anything on the internet – very frustrating!ë...
  3. Easy Way to create grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easy Way to create grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents: Good dayI set up my laptop to be able to quickly type special characters, i.e. grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents, it worked fantastic. I have a new laptop now and cannot remember how I did it, I could not find anything on the internet – very frustrating!ë...
  4. Easy Way to create grave-, acute-, circumflex-, and umlaut accents

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Create subtitles from Audio in playback

Create subtitles from Audio in playback: Hi folks I've a huge TV archive including a lot of older TV series from about 1959 onwards (some of those early TV series put modern boring Celeb stuff and "Reality Shows" --sorry in today's Woke Orwellian new speak culture you have to call them now "Observational...
  6. Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?: Hi folks - Try as I might, I cannot find an extension enabling me to create a quick webpage desktop shortcut in Edge. You would think that Microsoft would have thought of a simple solution to accomplish this. Any ideas? TIA *Rolleyes 174741
  7. Any easy way to manage and create preview handlers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any easy way to manage and create preview handlers?: For example, I'm using firefox as my default pdf reader, but doing so preview panel doesn't work. Another example: dwg files could open with my cad program, but preview only works with other cad vendors. I know these are more like rough edges in the products than a windows...
  8. Any way to edit embedded subtitles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to edit embedded subtitles?: Not sure if this is the right sub for this. Redirect me to a sub for this type of stuff if you know better. Basically need to edit embedded subtitles in a video file. For a show I'm watching. Or if I can extract them and edit, that would work too submitted by...
  9. can i add subtitle to my videos created with windows video editor? if yes, how?

can i add subtitle to my videos created with windows video editor? if yes, how?: As topic, i'm having problem to add subtitles to my videos. how do I go about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-subtitle-to-my-videos-created-with/b39de521-7130-4a39-b1a9-954b3e01f0ac
  10. Video - Adding subtitle to a movie

Video - Adding subtitle to a movie: Hello, I am trying to add subtitle to a movie (mp4 format), seaching the net found some, each one has to be installed first. One of my tests is "Videpad video editor", found a subtitle file in Hebrew, .srt format. First I located both movie and subtitle in one folder, both...