Windows 10: Creating Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive slow

Discus and support Creating Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive slow in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Why is creating a Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive slow during the copy system stage? It takes over 40 minutes to finish just for one USB 3.0 flash drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Keith Weisshar, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Creating Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive slow

Why is creating a Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive slow during the copy system stage? It takes over 40 minutes to finish just for one USB 3.0 flash drive. I have my latest system specs listed in my profile.

:)

Keith Weisshar, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Akheel Ahmed, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Create Recovery USB Wizard does not recognize my USB drive - Dell Workstation with Windows 10 Professional

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• What is the capacity of the USB device and what is the size of the recovery image which you are trying to create?
    To create a recovery drive, you'll need an external USB drive formatted to FAT32, with enough available storage space for all your recovery data.

Creating a recovery drive will erase anything that’s stored on your USB drive. Make sure to transfer any important data from your USB drive to another storage device before using that USB drive to create a recovery drive.

I suggest you to reformat the device to FAT32 and check creating the recovery drive if the issue resolves.

Reference: Create a recovery drive

Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Creating Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive slow

Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Creating Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive slow

1. Creating Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive slow - Similar Threads - Creating USB Recovery

2. Unable to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 11: If "Back up system files to the Recovery drive" is checked the Recovery app will not see the USB flash drive. It will say "The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB and everything on the drive will be deleted." and the "Next" button is greyed out. If "Back up system...
  3. Unable to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 11: If "Back up system files to the Recovery drive" is checked the Recovery app will not see the USB flash drive. It will say "The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB and everything on the drive will be deleted." and the "Next" button is greyed out. If "Back up system...
  4. Create a Bootable USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 - TIPS

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create a Bootable USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 - TIPS: 1. Pay attention to the numerous warnings to create a recovery drive before a failure. 2. Use a 32gb USB stick formatted as NTFS - even though there is lots of advice to use 16gb formatted as FAT32. My creation of recovery drive failed twice after several hours until I tried...
  5. Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive: I bought a licence from the Microsoft store so my Windows 10 is legit. When I try to create a USB flash drive Recovery, I get the error that some files are missing so the Recovery could not be created. Help please....
  6. Problem in creating usb recovery drive

Problem in creating usb recovery drive: I am not able to create the recovery drive on my PC running Windows 10, through the preinstalled recovery drive tool. Each time it gives me a failure message after 10-15 minutes of working. How can I create the usb recovery drive now? Someone please help. Thanks...
  7. Creating a USB Recovery Drive

Creating a USB Recovery Drive: Hi I have a question about creating a USB Recovery Drive on a memory stick with Recovery Drive Desktop App in Windows 10. I've read online that a recovery drive should be remade following Windows Updates, and about once a month in order to retain your Windows settings....
  8. Creating a Recovery Drive USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creating a Recovery Drive USB: I have recently updated to Version 1511 and thought I would try to create a recovery drive on a USB having been unsuccessful when trying in the earlier Windows 10. This time it seemed to be working with the system files box checked, though it seemed to take an age before the...
  9. Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10: How to: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 How to Create a Bootable USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information If you run into problems with your PC, a USB recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix those problems, even if Windows won't start. A...
  10. Creating USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating USB Recovery Drive: Created a recovery drive on build 9879. Went to create one for build 9926, option check box is grayed out and it states that key files are missing. The folder is there with the image so I'm not sure about missing files. I had several BSODs after the initial install but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recovery drive windows 10 slow

2. Windows recovery drive fat32 32gb

3. recovery drive win10 slow

4. win 10 creating a recovery drive slow,
  5. windwos create recovery drive slow,
  6. slow recovering to pc from usb,
  7. recovery drive creation slow,
  8. creating recovery drive slow,
  9. creating a recovery drive is slow