Windows 10: creating Windows10 repair USB stick with my Chromebook

Discus and support creating Windows10 repair USB stick with my Chromebook in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it possible to create a new repair USB stick with my Chromebook for my other Windows10 laptop that won't open?I'm not very computer literate but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnrobertsonCU., May 20, 2020.

1. creating Windows10 repair USB stick with my Chromebook

Is it possible to create a new repair USB stick with my Chromebook for my other Windows10 laptop that won't open?I'm not very computer literate but the Windows10 laptop turns on but that's it

:)

johnrobertsonCU., May 20, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 20, 2020
  3. Creating a Windows 10 USB repair stick - whilst not on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

You may refer to the following link to create an installation on USB flash drive.

Download Windows 10

Follow the steps to perform Automatic Repair.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 CD/ DVD
      or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option
      screen.
    • Click on Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
    • Click on Automatic Repair from Advanced Options screen.
    • Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.
    • Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 20, 2020
  4. KittLee Win User

creating Windows10 repair USB stick with my Chromebook

Creating an installation USB stick

creating Windows10 repair USB stick with my Chromebook 4558cbb8-24e2-4ac7-88aa-715c13b96ec0.png

It says "Then have to find on the download file Steps for Creating an installation USB stick "

I don't really know what it means, and I can't find anything for installation USB stick in the
    Windows 10 ISO file.

Does anyone know what I should do?

KittLee, May 20, 2020
Thema:

creating Windows10 repair USB stick with my Chromebook

1. creating Windows10 repair USB stick with my Chromebook - Similar Threads - creating Windows10 repair

2. create an installation USB Stick with Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create an installation USB Stick with Windows 11 Pro for Workstations: How can I create an installation USB Stick with Windows 11 Pro for Workstations...?Using Rufus How to do the same, but this time bypassing the W11 restrictions?Windows 11 Pro for Workstations released date is...?...
  3. Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed: Good day, 2 days ago my windows10 laptop started freezing.Earlier too it had micro freezes. I ran memtest86 on the 8gb ram, it had no error. I booted into safe mode via msconfig and tried to run sfc /scannow . It failed after verification 100% - "WRP could not...
  4. windows10 booablet stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10 booablet stick: windos10 reparatur stck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-booablet-stick/fd5a7b0c-3ef5-480f-9141-547ead27ff79
  5. Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?: Hello, I recently assembled a new PC, but now I need a bootable USB stick. Unfortunately I only have a Mac at home and don't know exactly how to create Windows 10 on the USB stick. I've already looked at a lot of things, but everybody does it differently. Can somebody...
  6. Is 8 hours to create a recovery USB stick normal?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is 8 hours to create a recovery USB stick normal?: I set Windows (version 1909) to work creating recovery media on a USB stick. After 5½ hours it is only ⅔ of the way through, so it will probably have taken 8 hours from start to finish. Is this normal? And why does it need to take such an extraordinarily long time? 154530
  7. How install windows10 on a usb stick ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How install windows10 on a usb stick ?: Hi, I'd like to install windows10 on a usb stick. If I boot from the installation media the windows installer doesn't see any usb stick, the the discs. How can I install windows to a usb stick ? submitted by /u/belibelibelib [link] [comments]...
  8. How to create an USB stick with Win10/Linux dual boot?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create an USB stick with Win10/Linux dual boot?: I would like to put Windows10 and Manjaro Linux on one 32GB USB stick, with a nice menu at bootup that asks me what I would like to boot, and then either go install Win10 or boot up Manjaro Live. I tried at least 5 different tools but none of them work, could also be that I...
  9. Creating a recovery stick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating a recovery stick: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please tell me how to create a recovery drive to troubleshoot problems when the PC can not start. The steps I have to do for this operation until the completion. Thank you! Wait for response! A great day!...
  10. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...