Windows 10: Creating your own browser with HTML and JavaScript

Discus and support Creating your own browser with HTML and JavaScript in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Over the past several months, we have made numerous improvements to the Microsoft Edge rendering engine (Microsoft EdgeHTML), focusing on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Creating your own browser with HTML and JavaScript

Source: Creating your own browser with HTML and JavaScript | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Trust_No1 Win User

Umm, so let me see I use GitHub the Open-source repository (used by mainly Linux and Android users) to download the full set of controls, to develop Microsoft's browser. Maybe I could get it to actually import bookmarks in the correct order, instead of backwards. Or get it so you could reset it to original default mode.

Perhaps, these are Microsoft's baby steps, in going to all open source. *Eek

:)

Trust_No1, Aug 26, 2015
  3. petrib Win User
    N95 8GB Help with Java anyone?

They will not help.

Opera: Does not come with its own J2SE support, so no different from the built-in browser.

Opera Mini: Cannot really handle interactive web pages (except very simple, basic HTML, JavaScript stuff)

NetFront: Same things as with Opera or the built-in browser = no Java.

petrib, Aug 26, 2015
  4. hadimassa Win User

Nokia E72 web browser problems

These are html and Javascript errors. Nothing you can do about. Try another browser like OperaMini or Skyfire.

hadimassa, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Creating your own browser with HTML and JavaScript - Similar Threads - Creating own browser

2. Win10XPE - Build Your Own Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10XPE - Build Your Own Rescue Media: As many know, hosting has been a long running issue with PE Rescue Media here... So limiting the available media , also limits the download demand on my free account(s).... What I would really like to see is Users building their own custom PE Media Rescue Disks for...
  3. JavaScript Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    JavaScript Not Working: I was using Google Chrome today to do my school work but when I went onto a Prezi, the page said that I needed to have JavaScript enabled but when I when to content settings, it already says that I have it enabled. I tried refreshing the page but it kept returning to what it...
  4. Create my own themes?

Create my own themes?: Is there any way? I know it's possible to save a theme in Windows itself, but I want to create complete themes like these here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13768 61483
  5. Creating my own search interface?

Creating my own search interface?: I'm one of the many that is still using Win7 on my primary machine for continued support/access to only a couple apps. One of those apps is DQSD (dqsd.sf.net), and I don't think I could function without it. Due to the way DQSD is designed (it has a dependence on IE ActiveX...
  6. Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser: Hi, I would like to know the most reliable method to import Bookmarks/favourites saved on a USB stick in HTML file format into the Edge browser. I asked a similar question ages ago and importing with Edge was buggy so I'm wondering if the process works any better now? I...
  7. Pick your own color for the windows

Pick your own color for the windows: I do not loke the preset 49 (at this moment) colors which Windows 10 offers. The default grey is too depressing and the colors are much too bright for me. Windows 7 offered very good tools to choose any color for the windows: a nice figure with all colors in it and a few...
  8. Edge browser owns my laptop

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser owns my laptop: I try to launch IE,Firefox in my Windows 10 laptop to no avail,the only one that works is Edge,i hate it. 77353
  9. Learning JavaScript

Learning JavaScript: I have an idea for a script I'd like to write, but I know virtually nothing about JavaScript except that I would need to use that language for my application. I have some script writing background but I'm very rusty. Last time I did any scripting was in Bash for Linux over 10...
  10. Enabling JavaScript

Enabling JavaScript: Hi, I would like to enable JavaScript on my computer/Microsoft Edge browser/Google Chrome browser. How am I supposed to do it? What should I do if it is not possible to enable it? Thanks 23171