Windows 10: Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?

Discus and support Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a workstation in use by a client, who is reporting what he believes to be "suspicious" activity on his computer. As evidence of the suspicious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tim C. Sweeney-Fanelli, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?

I have a workstation in use by a client, who is reporting what he believes to be "suspicious" activity on his computer. As evidence of the suspicious activity, he provided the attached screenshot, which shows that the Creation Date of "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.14326.20544.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" is January 7, 2022. He believes this indicates that something malicious has replaced the email program on his computer in an attempt to gain access to his personal information.I have no evidence to support any malicious activity. Network firewalls and audit l

:)

Tim C. Sweeney-Fanelli, Jan 12, 2022

2. Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?

Please see this

Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in OneDrive
    on this link
    Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in OneDrive - Office Support
    and the general link
    Back up your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders with OneDrive - Office Support

I appreciate it is One Drive on Microsoft Office but the principle applies to One Drive itself

If OneDrive backup is on the each time a folder is backed up to OneDrive, the creation date is the date of the backup to the Cloud

This happens of course, even if you have not changed edited or deleted or modified anything

Numerous requests have been made to Microsoft for this to be changed, but as far as I know it has not been and Microsoft have I think said it is unlikely it will

I could provide you with numerous examples but I doubt it would help you
    Here are a few
    Keeping Original Folder Creation Date – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Keeping original creation/modification dates when uploadig – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

The link below may help you.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-7a7ea2bde4d0
    understand what I mean, but you would NOT I presume wish to follow that - as MOVE of course is not what you want.

Cheers I hope it helps a little
    Please stay safe yourself in the crisis
    Thanks for your best wishes and as it does really matter to you PLEASE do not hesitate to ask for further details if you need them.

Macboatmaster, Jan 12, 2022
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Jan 12, 2022
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?

WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?

1. Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today? - Similar Threads - Creation Date folder

2. Word Document Creation Date Changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Document Creation Date Changing: Hello, My OS is Windows 10 and my concern has to do with Word.When I access a previous Word document and edit the document, the creation date of the document gets updated to the date I accessed the document.For example, I created my document on August 11, 2022. I accessed it...
  3. Word Document Creation Date Changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Document Creation Date Changing: Hello, My OS is Windows 10 and my concern has to do with Word.When I access a previous Word document and edit the document, the creation date of the document gets updated to the date I accessed the document.For example, I created my document on August 11, 2022. I accessed it...
  4. Word Document Creation Date Changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?

Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?: I have a workstation in use by a client, who is reporting what he believes to be "suspicious" activity on his computer. As evidence of the suspicious activity, he provided the attached screenshot, which shows that the Creation Date of "C:\Program...
  6. Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?: I have a workstation in use by a client, who is reporting what he believes to be "suspicious" activity on his computer. As evidence of the suspicious activity, he provided the attached screenshot, which shows that the Creation Date of "C:\Program...
  7. Date modified on all folders in my Documents and Google Drive changed suddenly to today's date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date modified on all folders in my Documents and Google Drive changed suddenly to today's date: Using Windows 10 Pro, ver. 20H2, System Type 64-bit Date modified changed suddenly to Today's Date and Time Stamp, Date Created intact, happened on All non-hidden folders in my Documents, and Google Drive Sync folders on my computerincluding all sub-folders of above also,...
  8. Change folder creation date to match newest file inside?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change folder creation date to match newest file inside?: Windows 10 x64 20H2 There's one root folder with a lot of subfolders. Each subfolder has one or more subfolders which have the files. I need to copy out every file created since October 2020, by selecting the second level folders so that their subfolders and all files in them...
  9. Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?: Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I hope everyone is staying safe and well from this coronavirus mess I've been a longtime Microsoft OneDrive user and paying customer going all the wayback to the original days of SkyDrive I have had a huge issue and problem with...
  10. File creation date is changed

File creation date is changed: The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-creation-date-is-changed/486fc3cc-7ace-4dca-8dd7-ba03bd9c631b"