Windows 10: Creation of a local account as a family member

Discus and support Creation of a local account as a family member in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi How do I create a local account, as a family member? Thanks Bye 22792 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by balubeto, Sep 15, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

Creation of a local account as a family member

Hi

How do I create a local account, as a family member?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Sep 15, 2015
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

How to remove family member in a local account

Hi,

For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Can you confirm if you want to remove the account of your family member or just the email address associated on that account?
    • Is your local account an administrator?

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 15, 2015
  3. SprouseCY Win User
    How to remove family member in a local account

I want to delete the family member from my pc

SprouseCY, Sep 15, 2015
  4. TrustMe Win User

TrustMe, Sep 15, 2015
  5. balubeto Win User
    If you have an Users local account an a computer, how do I include it in the family member?
    In order to fully manage (installation, removing, updating, ...) the user apps, it is necessary that the user is a family member or not?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Sep 16, 2015
  6. TrustMe Win User
    I'm afraid it is not possible to add a family member to a local account.

"For those who still on a local account type, the only issue is that you can't add multiple accounts to your computer if you're not using a Microsoft Account. This limitation should not be a big deal, but it's something you need to keep in mind."

That was take from How to manage Microsoft Accounts and User Accounts in Windows 10. You should read it all the way through. I thought is was very informative.

How to manage Microsoft and user accounts in Windows 10 | Windows Central

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creation of a local account as a family member - Similar Threads - Creation local account

2. Family Member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  3. Family Member

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  4. unable to remove family member account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to remove family member account: Hello, this topic is already covered all over the web and here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_family/unable-to-remove-family-member-account/4676a00e-17a9-4c87-8d02-502ee2915687?auth=1 Everything has been tried netplwiz, Control Panel,...
  5. Family members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  6. lost access to family member account

lost access to family member account: setup family account using generated password pasted in. clipboard refreshed before password was stored in password manager or used for login. unable to reset password as unable to provide enough information because account has never been used no old passwords, use of...
  7. Accessing a deceased family members account

Accessing a deceased family members account: My mother passed away almost three years ago and I have been using her old HP laptop. I have had no issues with it as we knew her pin to access the machine. I recently went back to college and have been using her laptop with no problems until recently when I did a system...
  8. Problem with family member account

Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  9. unable to remove family member account

unable to remove family member account: i just recently added a family member account on my pc and i wanted to delete it so i did the following i went to "manage family members online" andi deleted the account on there. so i went back to see if it was actually deleted and its not so i went back into "manage family...
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...