Windows 10: Creation of System Image

Discus and support Creation of System Image in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Various sources on the Internet explain that a system image can be created by going to Control Panel > System and Security > File History System Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vlad6, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Vlad6 Win User

Creation of System Image

Various sources on the Internet explain that a system image can be created by going to Control Panel > System and Security > File History System Image Backup > Create a system image > On a hard disk.I need to create an .ISO file containing the system and all the programs and files on disk C. However, I do not know whether the backup function erases all the data in the backup location.If I connect an external hard drive to the computer and select this drive as the image destination, will all the data on that drive be erased before creating the image? Or will an .ISO file be created

:)

Vlad6, Mar 17, 2022

2. System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Mar 17, 2022
  3. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Mar 17, 2022
  4. Creation of System Image

System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Mar 17, 2022
Thema:

Creation of System Image

1. Creation of System Image - Similar Threads - Creation System Image

2. System Image Creation Failure Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Creation Failure Windows11: While creating a system image on an external drive, using Backup and Restore Windows 7 in Control Panel, I received the following message at the end of the process: "There was a failure while compacting the virtual hard disk on the backup location 0x80780151 The I/O operation...
  3. System Image Creation Failure Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image Creation Failure Windows11: While creating a system image on an external drive, using Backup and Restore Windows 7 in Control Panel, I received the following message at the end of the process: "There was a failure while compacting the virtual hard disk on the backup location 0x80780151 The I/O operation...
  4. Creation of System Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creation of System Image: Various sources on the Internet explain that a system image can be created by going to Control Panel > System and Security > File History System Image Backup > Create a system image > On a hard disk.I need to create an .ISO file containing the system and all the programs and...
  5. Creation of System Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creation of System Image: In Windows 10, I have tried to create a system image on an external drive by going to Control Panel > Backup and Restore Windows 7 > Create a system image > On a hard disk > Next > Start backup. The system occupies 58 gigabytes. The external drive has 543 free gigabytes of...
  6. System Image creation fails with error

System Image creation fails with error: Hello. I recently bought an external 2TB hard disk for storage and backup purposes. I started a system image creation using the default utility in case something goes wrong, however it failed with the error 0x80780119, claiming that I don't have enough space on the backup...
  7. Windows 10 system image creation

Windows 10 system image creation: Hello...can I create multiple windows 10 system images on one external drive? If this is possible then can I select the specific system image to use when recovering? Thanks in advance!...
  8. Windows Image creation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Image creation: I recently bought an ssd, and I chose the method of putting windows on an external drive for the time being When installing the image onto the drive, that had files on it, I was unaware it did this... Is there any way to recover those files that were deleted in the image...
  9. Windows Image Creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Image Creation: Hello Boys and Girls I would really like to know what is wrong with the built in windows 10 back up image software. I have tested this windows software without problems, it does what it says on the tin. So why does everyone on this forum suggest to use the same free...
  10. System image creation failed overfills HDD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image creation failed overfills HDD: Hi! I've just bought a new computer. I'm trying to make an image of the system inside a partition of the internal Hard Disk. At the end of the process it says that the backup is failed because the shadow file is on another volume. Letting this error apart (I could copy the...