Windows 10: Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) has no sound after Win 10 Nov 2019 update

Discus and support Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) has no sound after Win 10 Nov 2019 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, A few hours ago I installed the Win 10 Nov 2019 update. My speakers no longer work. I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) sound card (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ColoradoJMD, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) has no sound after Win 10 Nov 2019 update

Hello,

A few hours ago I installed the Win 10 Nov 2019 update. My speakers no longer work. I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) sound card (I know its old). My USB Headset works fine. When I play music, the sound meter shows the speakers are 'receiving' sound but I hear nothing. I've checked all the plugs and made sure the speaker volume control was turned on, that the Speakers were the default output device, etc.

Then I did a re-start as I read sometimes that's all it needs after a major update. No luck. I de-installed the sound card from the Device Manager then restarted the PC to see if the re-installation of the driver would work. No luck. Windows says the current driver is the most current. I went to the Creative page but they don't have any drivers for Win 10 for that card as its old.

I did Win+I and went to the Update History section and deinstalled 3 of the 4 Windows updates that were listed 11/2/2019 (one Security update would not allow me to de-install it). Then I restarted the PC per the pop-up window instructions and it proceeded to re-install one of the updates! There was no sound. So I re de-installed that one update and set the PC not to do any updates for a week, then restarted. Still no sound.

I watched a few Youtube videos on solving this issue but none of the things I tried worked.

All the previous Win 10 updates had no effect on my sound card.

My soundcard driver is 6.0.1.1241 dated 12/12/06. I am using Win 10 64 bit. I've seen a few posts on various Forums about downloading other drivers from Creative (for other cards) or from other websites but I am reluctant to start messing with that. If someone can give me some good information on that, I would appreciate it.

Is this one of those things that will hopefully be fixed with a patch in a few days? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

:)

ColoradoJMD, Nov 3, 2019
  2. DWFII Win User

Creative SB Audigy 2.zs not working

Direct from Device Manager . Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2.zs (WDM)

DWFII, Nov 3, 2019
  3. DWFII Win User

Hmmm...I don't see it. Checking the 'details" the RX is not listed. Am I missing something?

DWFII, Nov 3, 2019
  4. RQT
    rqt Win User

Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) has no sound after Win 10 Nov 2019 update

"The source site also suggests it might be a hacked version. Do you know anything about that?"

I'm afraid I know nothing about it - I don't have an Audigy 2 zs - I just googled "Audigy 2 zs Windows 10".

- - - Updated - - -

There appears to be an Audigy RX driver here
    Creative Worldwide Support

Thema:

Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) has no sound after Win 10 Nov 2019 update

1. Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) has no sound after Win 10 Nov 2019 update - Similar Threads - Creative Audigy WDM

2. After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working: After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working. There is no sound my web browsers. I have tested this in both the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When playing videos, the sound is significantly reduced...
  3. After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working: After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working. There is no sound my web browsers. I have tested this in both the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When playing videos, the sound is significantly reduced...
  4. Audigy sound card not being recognised after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audigy sound card not being recognised after update: After updates on the 13th I get no sound and the card is not found by Windows ot the Creative software. If I use the motherboard sound it works OK Thanks...
  5. Creative Audigy 2/2Z Drivers for Windows 10 1903 - No Sound.

Creative Audigy 2/2Z Drivers for Windows 10 1903 - No Sound.: If you are experiencing no sound after updating to 1903 from 1809 or doing a clean install do the following: If you do not have Daniel K's SB Audigy Series Support Pack 6.2 installed already then download this from:...
  6. Creative SB Audigy 2.zs not working

Creative SB Audigy 2.zs not working: WinVer 1903 (OS build 18362.418) May be an unsolvable problem, but... Just upgraded to Win 10 pro, over the top of win 7 pro. Now my speakers won't work. Have determined that the speakers actually do work and the sound card works but the driver (6.0.1.1377 dated March of...
  7. Creative Audiogy 2 ZS Sound Blaster Not Working After Latest Win 10 Update!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creative Audiogy 2 ZS Sound Blaster Not Working After Latest Win 10 Update!: Hi Guys My Creative Audiogy 2 ZS Sound Blaster is not working after I updated my win 10! also the motherboard built in sound output is not working! I have done the following: 1- Downloaded the latest sound card driver = did't work! 2- Downloaded the latest motherboard...
  8. extreme cpu demand by WDM following May 2019 updates for Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    extreme cpu demand by WDM following May 2019 updates for Win 10: As soon as yesterday's updates were installed on my computer (not the one I am using now, because that one is not usable) the WDM program consumes all available CPU--typically in excess of 55%, leaving nothing for any other programs. Cant even open Outlook or Chrome. How do I...
  9. Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS driver issue - NO SOUND- after Windows 1903 update

Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS driver issue - NO SOUND- after Windows 1903 update: Just updated to 1903, and have lost all sound,I know it's old soundcard, but it was working perfectly on build 1809/1803/1709/1703/1607.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creative-sb-audigy-2-zs-driver-issue-no-sound/1df5bf5d-b5ba-4e5d-9cd9-fcf4d05489c7
  10. Driver Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro. for Windows 10

Driver Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro. for Windows 10: Hi, My Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro. I wanted to ask if there is Driver or something better and that works for the sound card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro. Here are the Driver for the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 upgraded to Windows 10, but my Sound Card is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creative audio console Audigy 2 ZS software windows 10

2. creative sb audigy windows 10

3. audigy 2 zs

4. creative sb audigy 2 (wdm) no sound windows 10,
  5. audigy fx nor regognized,
  6. audigy support pack 6.2,
  7. audigy 2 windows 10 brak dźwięku,
  8. audigy 2 windows 10 no sound,
  9. creative audigy 2 no sound win 10,
  10. audigy 2 zs driver for win 10,
  11. audigy 2 drivers windows 10,