Windows 10: Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again)

Discus and support Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had this problem several years ago when I updated my desktop from Windwos 7 to 10 under the free offer. But when I did so, I could never get my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimoxford1, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again)

I had this problem several years ago when I updated my desktop from Windwos 7 to 10 under the free offer. But when I did so, I could never get my Creative SB X-FI sound card to produce sound in my 5.1 speaker system. I did everything, and even posted on this forum. Could never get sound, so rolled back to Windows 7.

Recently received a message indicating Microsoft would stop support for Windows 7. Once again I upgraded to Windows 10 because I want the most secure system.

I have the same problem: no sound from my Creative SB X-Fi sound card (driving a Logitech 5.1 speaker system). I upgraded to the latest Creative Windows 10 driver for my sound card (Version 6.0.230.12, dated 4/17/2019 by Creative, a new release supposedly in light of a recent Windows 10 s/w update). I've tried everything: set my sound card to the default playback device, made sure it's enabled, device properties shows the new Creative driver as the one that is being used for the device, but no sound. I even tried fiddling around with the "Default Format" under the Advanced Tab of Speaker Properties, tried different choices, at one point switched it to the highest setting, "32 bit, 192000 Hz Studio Quality" and thought I heard a little sound tone before it stopped.

When I connect a Plantronics speakerphone box (P610) to my pc via USB, and select that as my enabled playback device, that produces sound, so at least I know that works. But despite everything I do, I can't get my sound card and 5.1 speaker system to work.

All serious help would be greatly appreciated. I spent countless hours on this this first time, and now I'm at it again with the upgrade to Windows 10. Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again) :(

:)

jimoxford1, Jun 28, 2019
  2. 73cuagn Win User

Creative SB X-Fi drivers not working

Hi

Take a look at Windows® 10 - Software Availability Chart. You will find the modelnumber on the card.

Link:

Creative Weltweite Unterstützung

If the link dont works google "Creative SB X-Fi"

Microsoft have windows compatibility center:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home?Language=en-US

You can find some X-fi which are compatible there, search for "Creative SB X-Fi"

You probably have to wait for a´while. Perhaps W10 gets simple driver via WU, i don´t know.

I have Creative SB X-Fi myself.

Best regards

Ben

73cuagn, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Creative SB X-Fi drivers not working

Creative SB X-Fi

Drivers do not work. no ponit having windows 10 if your going to having to pay out more cash on another sound card

have installed windows 10 3 times to find out sound drivers still not work. can you guys pls find a fix or patch drivers so they work with windows 10

would love to use it, but when drivers are not working whats the point.

all the best

deadwalkin, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again)

Creative SB 1095 Sound card automatically switches to default sound card after Windows 10 1803 Update.

I have a sound card Creative sb 1095 it working fine on win 10 1709, after update win 10 1803 it doesn't working, something goes wrong. Sound opption auto swich between onboard sound card realtek alc 233 and Creative sb 1095 like this

I try to reintall windows, reintall driver but it still not work. Help me please!

***Modified title from: Original Creative SB X-Fi problem on in 10 1803***

VietVuong302, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again)

1. Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again) - Similar Threads - Creative Sound Card

2. Creative Sound Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative Sound Card: I just brought a Creative SB Audigy RX sound card, everything is find only the driver from creative web site is oudated. Anywhere i can find mod/hack/updated drivers ? Thanks. 168355
  3. creative sound card issues

creative sound card issues: There has been a known issue with creative sound cards not working after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903. I finally had to remove the sound card and rely on the onboard sound for the time being. When can we expect this problem to be resolved as I would like to use my...
  4. Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS driver issue - NO SOUND- after Windows 1903 update

Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS driver issue - NO SOUND- after Windows 1903 update: Just updated to 1903, and have lost all sound,I know it's old soundcard, but it was working perfectly on build 1809/1803/1709/1703/1607.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creative-sb-audigy-2-zs-driver-issue-no-sound/1df5bf5d-b5ba-4e5d-9cd9-fcf4d05489c7
  5. creative x-fi drivers XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0016 dont install

creative x-fi drivers XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0016 dont install: Hallo Creative released new drivers for the x-fi pcie line in 21/2/19. I found that in my system cant be installed, because after installation i have code 39 and it writes that certification is revoked. With more searching i found that all others whql drivers that are...
  6. Creative SB 1095 Sound card automatically switches to default sound card after Windows 10...

Creative SB 1095 Sound card automatically switches to default sound card after Windows 10...: I have a sound card Creative sb 1095 it working fine on win 10 1709, after update win 10 1803 it doesn't working, something goes wrong. Sound opption auto swich between onboard sound card realtek alc 233 and Creative sb 1095 like this...
  7. Windows 10 Creative SB X-Fi, no audio after reboot

Windows 10 Creative SB X-Fi, no audio after reboot: Anytime I reboot my computer, I get no audio from my Creative sound card. I have to uninstall (including checking the delete drive too option) and let the OS automatically reinstall the card after another reboot, and then have to typically reboot a third time because the...
  8. Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver

Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver: So, yesterday I was happily playing my music with the nice working drivers. Along comes the new Windows 10 November update to download and install, it went in fine without any issue. To my surprise the next day my speakers wern't working in full 5.1 (I have the Creative Sound...
  9. Creative X-FI Soundcards

Creative X-FI Soundcards: Has anyone been successful in getting their X-FI soundcards to work under Windows 10. Mine worked perfectly under Win 7 and when I did the upgrade to WIndows 10, it stopped giving me sound. I just finished over the last couple of days upgrading to the new Creative Drivers and...
  10. Sound Issue in Windows 10 with Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Sound Issue in Windows 10 with Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium: Hello -- After I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 Pro, there was no sound. Obviously, Creative Labs has yet to release compatible drivers for many of their sound cards. Nevertheless, I found out that I'd make it work by changing its modes back and forth via its Audio Control...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 creative sb x-fi no sound

2. sb x-fi 6.0.230.12

3. pilotes creative sb x-fi windows 10