Windows 10: creative sound card issues

Discus and support creative sound card issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There has been a known issue with creative sound cards not working after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903. I finally had to remove the sound card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TonyHanemaayer, Jun 14, 2019.

1. creative sound card issues

There has been a known issue with creative sound cards not working after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903. I finally had to remove the sound card and rely on the onboard sound for the time being. When can we expect this problem to be resolved as I would like to use my sound card as it has significantly better sound quality.

:)

TonyHanemaayer, Jun 14, 2019

2. No sound

I have carried out the steps listed in the above and have had limited success.

The external speakers are connected to a Creative Labs Soundblaster X-Fi sound card (circa 2008).

I have uninstalled / reinstalled the drivers for this card, and though the card registers the sound output through various tools and applications, the sound fails to come out on the speakers themselves. When i use the onboard sound output for the speakers
    i do get sound, albeit obviously worse quality.

is there a compatability issue with this creative labs sound card?

Darwin Jay, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion Card Not Working - No Sound

Ther are new drivers for your card listed on the Creatve
    Windows 10 Software Availability Chart website.

Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series

Creative have updated the drivers for many of their old audio cards for use in Windows 10. If you do have one, you can grab the latest Windows 10 drivers for old cards

here
    , though they are still working on rolling some of the updates out. I’ve just updated my own Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio card driver. I bought the card when Vista came out in 2007. It was working fine in 10, it’s always nice to have
    the proper drivers for Windows 10 though. A nice move from Creative to support legacy cards.

Link to Creative Windows 10 Software Availability Chart Creative Weltweite Unterstützung

After installing, you may have to check the computer Sound settings to ensure your card is set as the default sound device. (Go to Search in taskbar > type "Sound" > select the Sound Control Panel and check/ change the settings if required). Then also check
    the configuration for your speakers. The default install setting seems to be 7.1, which can make 2.0/ 2.1 speakers sound distorted. Just change the speaker config setting to 2.0/ 2.1 if that's the case.

creative sound card issues 9cb0713d-cb8b-4411-82d4-745ad8ffc678.png

Creative Audio cards: list of new drivers for Windows 10, including Sound Blaster legacy cards

Richard Law Bijster, Jun 14, 2019
  4. dat789 Win User

creative sound card issues

Which sound card?

It's time, I think, to replace my 7 year old Creative Sound Audigy 2 ZS with something better and more current.

I'm not sure if I want to stick with Creative but then again am open to suggestions.
    Budget for a good decent sound card is between 50£ and 75£ (or up to 100$).

Which is popular amongst gamers?

I've got a 5.1 Creative speakers which is also old but that's another issue. Any help on suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

dat789, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

creative sound card issues

1. creative sound card issues - Similar Threads - creative sound card

2. Sound card issue not resolved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound card issue not resolved: I am still using Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, IntelR Core i5-3330 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 3.00 GHz, 6.00 GB RAMThis started by having issues with updates repeatedly not being successfully installed. Then I started getting the blue screen of death with error...
  3. Sound card issue not resolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound card issue not resolved: I am still using Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, IntelR Core i5-3330 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 3.00 GHz, 6.00 GB RAMThis started by having issues with updates repeatedly not being successfully installed. Then I started getting the blue screen of death with error...
  4. Creative Sound Card

Creative Sound Card: I just brought a Creative SB Audigy RX sound card, everything is find only the driver from creative web site is oudated. Anywhere i can find mod/hack/updated drivers ? Thanks. 168355
  5. Sound card issue

Sound card issue: I have a ham radio with an internal sound card. The PC sees it in the Device Manager as CODEC under Sound, video, and game controller. This device does not show up under Sound Settings. Where could the problem be?? DEVICE MANAGER [ATTACH] SOUND Settings [ATTACH]...
  6. Sound Card Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Card Issue: every day my cpu shows a red x on my sound icon, stating nothing is connected to my sound card . Which in my case is true. No until the last update to operating system did this start to take place. Everyday I have to trouble shoot the issue, the OS does it's magic and shows...
  7. Creative Soundblaster Issues

Creative Soundblaster Issues: Hi, Bit of a strange issue here with sound. My system is a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.752 & my sound is configured as 5.1 except theFront Left speaker does not play sound/music nor the Test Tone when checking the speakers during "Configure"...
  8. Creative SB 1095 Sound card automatically switches to default sound card after Windows 10...

Creative SB 1095 Sound card automatically switches to default sound card after Windows 10...: I have a sound card Creative sb 1095 it working fine on win 10 1709, after update win 10 1803 it doesn't working, something goes wrong. Sound opption auto swich between onboard sound card realtek alc 233 and Creative sb 1095 like this...
  9. Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue

Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue: I have a weird issue with my sound card. Whenever it starts playing audio when nothing was playing before, it takes a second before starting up, then it suddenly plays a very loud popping noise followed by the rest of the audio. Switching to another audio source when the...
  10. Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver

Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver: So, yesterday I was happily playing my music with the nice working drivers. Along comes the new Windows 10 November update to download and install, it went in fine without any issue. To my surprise the next day my speakers wern't working in full 5.1 (I have the Creative Sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creative sound cards not working with windows 10 2019