Windows 10: Creative SoundX Katana sound bar after windows 10 update

Discus and support Creative SoundX Katana sound bar after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone help please, after the latest windows 10 update windows will not reconise my Katana sound bar via the usb connection?? I have uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Xenica1, May 9, 2019.

1. Xenica1 Win User

Creative SoundX Katana sound bar after windows 10 update

Can anyone help please, after the latest windows 10 update windows will not reconise my Katana sound bar via the usb connection??

I have uninstalled and re-connected the sound bar but that does not work, it just keeps showing in device manager as other devices and a yellow exclamation mark next to it with the following error message:

WINDONS ENCOUNTED A PROBLEM INSTALLING THE DRIVERS FOR YOU DEVICE

Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them

Sound BlasterX Katana

The operation requires an interactive window station.

I have tried everything to rectify this problem but nothing is working can anyone help me please??

:)

Xenica1, May 9, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 9, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, May 9, 2019
  4. Victor-P Win User

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi + Windows fall creators update = Task bar does not work

Hi,

After updating Windows 10 to Fall Creators update, I have problem with task bar - it does not work. Also does not work: notification center, any UWP applications, ALT+TAB hot key. But any classic application runs from task bar without problem.

Looks that problem somehow linked with Creative Sound blaster X-Fi fatal!ty Soundcard drivers.

After Windows start there an error that some problems with sound, and windows allow repair it. Repair helps with sound, it's working, but task bar - not.

If I uninstall and install Creative drivers again, it resolves task bar problem even after reboot. But after turn off PC and turn on again, the problem with taksbar and no sound are back.

Any ideas what happened with Fall creators update and how resolve it?

Thanks.

Victor-P, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Creative SoundX Katana sound bar after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Creative SoundX Katana

2. Katana 17 B12UDXK-071UK SOUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Katana 17 B12UDXK-071UK SOUND: Hello. I'm already throwing up my hands. My friend and I tried to do this with a laptop and we failed. I barely bought it. Yesterday I started installing it and saw that notifications began to appear that no audio devices were installed... reinstalling drivers, updating the...
  3. Katana 17 B12UDXK-071UK SOUND

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Katana 17 B12UDXK-071UK SOUND: Hello. I'm already throwing up my hands. My friend and I tried to do this with a laptop and we failed. I barely bought it. Yesterday I started installing it and saw that notifications began to appear that no audio devices were installed... reinstalling drivers, updating the...
  4. Creative Sound Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative Sound Card: I just brought a Creative SB Audigy RX sound card, everything is find only the driver from creative web site is oudated. Anywhere i can find mod/hack/updated drivers ? Thanks. 168355
  5. After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working: After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working. There is no sound my web browsers. I have tested this in both the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When playing videos, the sound is significantly reduced...
  6. Creative Sound BlasterX Katana cannot install USB driver

Creative Sound BlasterX Katana cannot install USB driver: I brought new sound blasterX katana firstly I connected with PC by Bluetooth, it's work find then I updated firmware and install sound blaster connect. After lunch sound blaster connect it's notified "your audio device cannot be detected please check your connection". I...
  7. Creative XFI drivers for Windows 10 no sound problem

Creative XFI drivers for Windows 10 no sound problem: Hello I have a Sound Blaster XFi Elite Pro On this page Creative provides drivers for Windows 10. https://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331&h=13a Unfortunately these drivers don't work anymore with latest windows 10 versions. I tried them but there is no...
  8. no Sound from creative soundblaster card since windows 10 update

no Sound from creative soundblaster card since windows 10 update: I have been pulling my hair out trying to get sound back ever since installing the most recent updates to windows 10. Delete, reinstall ,troubleshooting, downloading new updates from creative resetting the audio service over and over again, nothing works my computer tells me...
  9. Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver

Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver: So, yesterday I was happily playing my music with the nice working drivers. Along comes the new Windows 10 November update to download and install, it went in fine without any issue. To my surprise the next day my speakers wern't working in full 5.1 (I have the Creative Sound...
  10. Sound stopped working after Creative Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound stopped working after Creative Update: Hello, I have Windows 10 on my HP TouchSmart Envy, and after updating to the creative update, the sound doesn't work. I am not hearing anything from my speakers. I am not seeing the sound visual up when I am looking at the Volume Mixer. I have the latest drivers for my AMD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound blaster katana windows volume

2. blasterx katana does not change volume

3. how to check firmware version on creative katana

4. windows 10 sound blaster katana,
  5. this operation requires an interactive window station sound blaster katana,
  6. sound blaster e5 driver This operation requires an interactive window station.