Windows 10: creative webcam audio distorted ("squeaky" )

Discus and support creative webcam audio distorted ("squeaky" ) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; bit of an odd one here, i have a creative live cam sync hd webcam which was working fine before installing an ssd and a fresh install of windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chezybezy, Jan 23, 2019.

1. chezybezy Win User

creative webcam audio distorted ("squeaky" )

bit of an odd one here,
    i have a creative live cam sync hd webcam which was working fine before installing an ssd and a fresh install of windows 10. Using skype the voice is distorted like a high pitched squeak / cartoon character this also happens within the windows own camera app tested via recording a video and play back. does anyone have any idea how i can fix this?

all other audio playback seems to be ok - videos etc.
    i can not test with an external mic as the pc does not have 3.5 jacks and i do not have a usb mic (acer revo rl85).

The cam works fine on another pc and a different cam works fine on the problem pc.
    i have tried removing an reinstalling drivers - but i never receive the installing new hardware pop up when i plug it back in - like you used to so i wonder if something is not being fully removed?
    a new user account did not fix the issue, but i am unsure if that resets any drivers etc.
    currently appears to be using the windows 10 plug and play drivers.
    used plug and play drivers on the other 'test' pc, also i believe these were used on the install prior to the ssd upgrade.
    unsure if the system will allow booting from the old drive due to its configuration but i can attempt to do so?
    the windows 10 reinstall used the located drivers rather than the manufacture drivers - oddly it even suggest this on the manufacturer drivers page rather than use their own

many thanks as this one is causing me some distress!*Confused

:)

chezybezy, Jan 23, 2019

2. Creative Technology Ltd. - Audio, Streaming Media and Broadcast - Monitor Webcam

Hi

Great to hear that it worked! Maybe there were bugfixes in the November update.

Because of the driver: in my device-manager is the monitor webcam listed 3 times:

creative webcam audio distorted ("squeaky" ) fb78b1c7-b0f4-4bd6-8bd5-60c312d77ddc.png

• The 1st one is listed in the section audio-, video- and Gamecontroller. This driver has the version 10.0.10586.0 from 29.10.2015 by Microsoft.
    • The 2nd one in audioinputs and -outputs (microphonearray (Monitor Webcam)) has the same version and date like the 1st one and is also by Microsoft.
    • The 3th one in image-processing devices (not sure if this translation is correct) has the version 1.1.2.804 from 4.08.2008 and is by Creative Technology Ltd.
    According to Windows update history, the last one by Creative Technology must be the interesting one. Which version do you have there?

Regards

Simon

Simon Baumann, Jan 23, 2019
  3. audio distortion on Icon

My Icon has distorted audio when voice mails are played and phone is on speaker. Volume is 20/30. Any suggestions?

spectron---01, Jan 23, 2019
  4. grumlu Win User

Creative Technology Ltd. - Audio, Streaming Media and Broadcast - Monitor Webcam - Erreur 0x800f0234

Hello,

Since update 1511, I am having troubles with my Dell Webcam (external monitor).

Also, Windows Update shows the following message :

Creative Technology Ltd. - Audio, Streaming Media and Broadcast - Monitor Webcam - Erreur 0x800f0234

Any workaround to get my camera to work?

grumlu, Jan 23, 2019
Thema:

1. creative webcam audio distorted ("squeaky" ) - Similar Threads - creative webcam audio

2. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  3. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  4. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  5. distorted audio

distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  6. Audio Distorting and Robotizing

Audio Distorting and Robotizing: After having installed the latest windows 10 update my audio gets Robotized and Distored every 5 minutes and I need to replug my Headphones.I've tried everything on my headphones side and nothing helped so I come and check if its not windows related.As said between 5 and 10...
  7. Squeaky Spacebar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Squeaky Spacebar: On my Dell Gaming Laptop, the spacebar on it keeps squeaking on one side of the bar, if I simply press it then it wont really make a noise but if I move it even a little bit while holding it makes an annoying squeaking noise and I'm too afraid to take out the spacebar because...
  8. webcam Creative modelo ct6840

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam Creative modelo ct6840: No me reconoce la camara web Creative modelo CT6840, uso Windows 10 en una laptop HP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-creative-modelo-ct6840/2732ef3f-fc70-44fe-a785-3dfb33e73a4a
  9. creative webcam audio distorted ("squeaky" )

in Windows 10 Support
    creative webcam audio distorted ("squeaky" ): bit of an odd one here, i have a creative live cam sync hd webcam which was working fine before installing an ssd and a fresh install of windows 10. Using skype the voice is distorted like a high pitched squeak / cartoon character this also happens within the windows own...
  10. Audio Recording is Distorted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Recording is Distorted: I am experiencing bad distortion when recording. At first I thought it was my external hardware, the Presonus Audiobox, but, when I tried recording through the microphone on my Logitech camera, I get the same horrible distortion. This only started recently, maybe the past...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound distorted on web cam