Windows 10: Creator update issues

Discus and support Creator update issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tsunami2311, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Creator update issues

I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine.

Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all the pined icons on startmenu were gone, nothing I try to pin to startmenu actuals pins to unless it a system app as far as i can tell.

All the programs that are installed are installed, but not single one of them is listed in the startmenu app list, reinstalling said programs does not add them to the start menu either.

I tried new profile and same issue nothing will pin to start menu, and nothing I install will add it self to the apps list in start menu.

I was gona do clean install to see if that fixes this but I read people that did clean installs with same issue, .14 update didnt fix this issue either.

:)

tsunami2311, Apr 3, 2017

2. Win10 Creator Update Issues

Kind of too late right now. But I am looking at the websites you suggested.

I am locked into a scheduled update because Microsoft decided it would be best if users didn't have any control if or when updates happen.

Fortunately, I already have a back up plan should the worse come to pass.

Already talked with a friend who does repairs, and if the update does crash my computer, I am just going to have Win7 put back on it.

I love WIn10, but hate that Microsoft removed control from the users for their updates.

Midnightlost01, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Win10 Creator Update Issues

What do you mean by manually?

Like did I have the disc and put it in to do an install?

Or as in I told my computer to restart and update right there on the spot.

If the latter, then yes. I wanted to get it out of the way.

Midnightlost01, Apr 3, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Creator update issues

You can shrink your existing OS partition, make a new partition in the empty space and do a clean install there. If that works, move your data files over, delete the old partition, expand the new OS partition into the empty space. I use MiniTool Partition Wizard for that.

NavyLCDR, Apr 3, 2017
  5. that is not really something i want to do, I already have to fix my partitions on my SSD cause the upgrade went messed with partitions to begin with And i cant fix that with windows or repair command prompt, so i have manual create my partitions to before installing windows cleanly but i dont want be bother to do that,

I could try clean install of VM install i have that use to test things.

tsunami2311, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Creator update issues

1. Creator update issues - Similar Threads - Creator update issues

2. defender issues after creator update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender issues after creator update: i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender... I also cannot enable the defender threat service... clicking restart does nothing. i uninstalled the device and restarted, but didn't fix it, altho the WSC icon shows 'no...
  3. Chrome Issues With Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Issues With Creators Update.: Just an FYI, since several users are posting about these issues on the Google Chrome help forum: Issue #1: After installing the Creators Update, my extension icons mysteriously disappeared and Chrome would lock up if I tried to install/uninstall/reinstall any extension....
  4. Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue: Prior to the update I had no issues: 4 computers connected via wireless to a New Netgear Router. Prior to update, all computers were recognized on the network and the Homegroup. 1) 3 computers see all on the network and Home Group and can access each other and can see...
  5. Brightness Issue after creators update.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness Issue after creators update.: Okay so I have noticed that when I go into a game such as Resident Evil 7 full screen or Dark souls 3 and some other games into full screen mode the game will get really bright or when I exit back to desktop it will be really bright. However if I run a game in borderless...
  6. Brightness issues due to creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness issues due to creators update: Okay so I have made a topic on this in the graphics card forum but now I think this needs to be broaden, so every time I exit a game full screen my brightness goes up a lot and usually I have to go to Nvidia Control Panel and have to put it back to my settings and it usually...
  7. Latest Creator Update and Display Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Creator Update and Display Issue: Hello, Using an HP all-in-one with 23" display.Just installed the new Creators update and lost my personalized display settings. The display setting under Scale and Layout shows the correct percentage as before (I set it at 150%); however, I cannot see where to access text...
  8. Creators Update performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators Update performance issues: Hello everyone, I've bought a completely new rig, my specs are below: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P i7-7700k 32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX 250GB System SSD Samsung EVO 850 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB On this I've installed the new creators update of Win10 Pro, and without...
  9. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  10. Myriad of issues after Creator update

in Windows 10 Support
    Myriad of issues after Creator update: Hey folks, I have been having some rather annoying issued as of installing the Creator update. These issues include: -Incredibly slow boot time -Disk usage maxing out whenever a program is launched -Incredibly slow browser speeds (Using Waterfox. Chrome seems to function...