Windows 10: Creator Update Paging in Non-Paged Area

Discus and support Creator Update Paging in Non-Paged Area in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I did the Creator update for Windows 10 today, and since then I've been getting consistent BSOD crashes due to page fault in non-paged area, where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Flelm, May 6, 2017.

1. Flelm Win User

Creator Update Paging in Non-Paged Area

I did the Creator update for Windows 10 today, and since then I've been getting consistent BSOD crashes due to page fault in non-paged area, where I was getting no BSODs before. I'd like to fix the situation and not just do a rollback, but if that's the best step I'll go ahead and do that.

Attachment 134004

:)

Flelm, May 6, 2017

2. Page fault in non paged area

I have attempted the upgrade to windows 10 twice. Each time it ends with this error:

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. (100% complete)

If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA(TfSysMon.sys)

I waited for the restart overnight and it never came. After manual power reset the system is restored to windows 7.

How do I get passed this so I can complete the upgrade to windows 10?

Frank Gate, May 6, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    page fault in non paged area

It may help to look at the minidump files from the blue screen crashes.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site?

Here's a couple of links on using OneDrive (SkyDrive):

OneDrive help - Office Support

Share OneDrive files and folders

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time

auggy, May 6, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Flelm *Smile

This could be due to a new driver being installed by the Creator update process. The problem is finding which one it is. All the crash reports say that the faulting driver cannot be identified.

I did notice a problem with one of your drives:

Code: Event[695]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-05-07T15:13:48.661 Event ID: 7 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-F90QV42 Description: The device, \Device\Harddisk3\DR3, has a bad block. Event[696]: Log Name: System Source: NTFS Date: 2017-05-07T15:13:48.661 Event ID: 137 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-F90QV42 Description: The default transaction resource manager on volume F: encountered a non-retryable error and could not start. The data contains the error code.[/quote] It would be worth testing the drive further. E.g. CHKDSK and attempt a repair.

philc43, May 7, 2017
  5. Flelm Win User
    I did run CHKDSK yesterday/overnight on my 3 internal drives. F: is an external drive, I'll try disconnecting that and seeing what happens rather than a full CHKDSK.

The BSOD has started happening quicker and quicker. I cannot even log into Windows now to troubleshoot. Everything has to be done in safe mode.

Flelm, May 7, 2017
  6. Flelm Win User
    I ended up doing a chkdsk on that last (external) drive, and still did not fix my issues. I rolled back and my problem was immediately solved.

Flelm, May 8, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    Did you originally receive the creators update as part of the normal windows update process?

philc43, May 8, 2017
  8. Flelm Win User

Yes, it was part of the normal process.

Flelm, May 8, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    So my worry is that it may come back again unless you defer the upgrade.

philc43, May 8, 2017
  10. Flelm Win User
    Yup, I already did that. Thanks. *Smile

Flelm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creator Update Paging in Non-Paged Area - Similar Threads - Creator Update Paging

2. Page Fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page Fault in non paged area: Started 2 weeks ago whenever a wordpad doc was opened. Pre-display was ok but opening gave Blue Screen.Now having same failure whenever I try to change cell format in any LibreOffice spreadsheet. Have done a system restore back 2 weeks but still fails....
  3. Page Fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page Fault in non paged area: Started 2 weeks ago whenever a wordpad doc was opened. Pre-display was ok but opening gave Blue Screen.Now having same failure whenever I try to change cell format in any LibreOffice spreadsheet. Have done a system restore back 2 weeks but still fails....
  4. Page Fault In Non Paged Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page Fault In Non Paged Area: Whenever I am starting my laptop, BSOD error in coming with stop code PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA.The boot menu js also not starting.Whenever it restarts It is coming that " Preparing Automatic Repair" and then BSOD error is coming just after this and troubleshooting menu is...
  5. Page Fault In Non Paged Area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page Fault In Non Paged Area: Whenever I am starting my laptop, BSOD error in coming with stop code PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA.The boot menu js also not starting.Whenever it restarts It is coming that " Preparing Automatic Repair" and then BSOD error is coming just after this and troubleshooting menu is...
  6. page fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    page fault in non paged area: so, for a while now, like 2/3 months i have been getting the blue screen with PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA, without any other info. i tried to read the dump file but i cant understand almost nothing. whatever it is i know it might has to do with ene.sys i really dont want...
  7. Page Fault in NON PAGED AREA

Page Fault in NON PAGED AREA: On Windows 10 pro, I was using Visual Studio and Word as I usually do, then I received this fatal error "Page Fault in NON PAGED AREA". Any idea ? ***moved on english forum***...
  8. Page Fault in Non Paged Area

Page Fault in Non Paged Area: I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ver 1909. I did the upgrade keeping all Apps and Files in place. Whenever I start the PC after doing a hard shutdown (using Alt F4) the computer gives a BSOD during bootup with the Stop Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA,...
  9. Page Fault in Non Page Area

Page Fault in Non Page Area: Hello I have been getting BSOD lately and getting the "Page Fault in Non Page Area" warning. I haven't made any hardware changes. I ran memtest and the memory passed. I have scanned the disks and they passed. I have updated gpu drivers and chipset drivers I was having...
  10. Creators Upgrade--multiple BSOD'S "Page Fault in non-paged area".

Creators Upgrade--multiple BSOD'S "Page Fault in non-paged area".: Upgrade to 15063.0 and everything is fine on a Toshiba Laptop that has been running Windows 10 since July, 2016 upgrade from Windows 8.1 flawlessly. Further update to 15063.138 (KB4015583) produces BSOD'S when trying to run any one of a number of speed tests or Earthcam...