Windows 10: Creator Update search issue (fresh install)

Discus and support Creator Update search issue (fresh install) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all TenForums, I hope someone can help explain this issue with win 10 creators, fresh install: Step i've done: Created a "creators update"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roy111, Apr 13, 2017.

1. roy111 Win User

Creator Update search issue (fresh install)

Hi all TenForums,

I hope someone can help explain this issue with win 10 creators,
    fresh install:

Step i've done:

Created a "creators update" bootable USB with media creator tool

fresh install on 3 different i7 laptop 2 asus 1 hp

all seems well but:

when I install a new program search does not find the new program
    i.e.

install Notepad++
    press win key

type notepad++ ... nothing found this is consistent in all 3 fresh installs

any idea on how to resolve this?

at this point i do not understand:

is the creator update released or have i became an insider?

I would like to create a 1609 install usb but with media creation tool
    I get the 1703 media,

Thanks!

:)

roy111, Apr 13, 2017
  2. StephenW7 Win User

Windows10 "Sync Your Settings" not working with a Local Active Directory Account

I can confirm this same issue when doing a fresh install of the Windows 10 Creators update.

If you upgrade from AU to creators update, the issue doesn't occur. If you perform a fresh install, the issue occurs.

This is being reported on other threads as well.

StephenW7, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Gem Libby Win User
    Start menu problem

After updating to the Creator's Update, any program/app I install won't show up in the Start Menu search. Although the programs show up in the Start Menu apps list.

I tried reinstalling windows using a fresh installer downloaded using the media creator but I still get the same problem.

Edit: I also found out that programs/apps that were uninstalled through "Apps & features" remain on the Start Menu search.

Gem Libby, Apr 13, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

5. roy111 Win User
    Thanks Axe0 for your intrest,
    I forgot to mention that I already tried that but it does not solve the problem,
    what i'd like to understand is if this is an expected behaviour...
    i've also fuond tha if i create a new user search works (for the new user)

No candy from strangers *Wink

thanks!

roy111, Apr 13, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    I'm not really a stranger, at least not around these forums, but if you don't want a valid Win10 1607 ISO good luck searching

7. roy111 Win User
    Axe0, thank you again, it's just my policy, no offence intended! *Smile

roy111, Apr 13, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

You shouldn't take it like I'm offended, 'cause I'm not.

You can't get a MCT from Microsoft anymore since the CU has been released, I do have a MCT from before the CU which doesn't install the CU update. I keep ISO's and MCT's of different Win10 versions so I can easily switch back when required.

9. roy111 Win User
    Some useful info and avice here,
    did not know that MCT are different and that previous CU are no longer
    available, I think I can stop my research now*Party, thanks!

roy

roy111, Apr 13, 2017
  10. roy111 Win User
    Will Windows 10 1511 receive security updates, or is it out of support?
    I tried to search in microsoft site but could not find the information...
    (i could use 1511 that till 1703 become stable)

thanks

roy111, Apr 27, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
  12. roy111 Win User
    I'm marking this:

resolved (not really, search still does not work in 1703) downloading win 10 16.07 iso using non windows os (namely Ubuntu 16.04)
    in Ubuntu you cannot use the media creation tool so your given an option
    to select the iso from a dropdown menu, in win 10 16.07 i do not have
    the search problems i have with creators update (search not working)
    and i will be able to use my new laptop *Party

the link:
    Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

the page:

Creator Update search issue (fresh install) [​IMG]

roy111, May 3, 2017
  13. roy111 Win User

Today i made new install media for 1703, seems the problem is fixed and can now find programs
    with the search function.

roy111, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creator Update search issue (fresh install) - Similar Threads - Creator Update search

2. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install issue: I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on...
  3. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install issue: I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on...
  4. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fresh install issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install issues: Hi all, I'm having a hell of a job trying to get Windows to install & have got to the point where it's patently obvious that I need some help. I've just swapped out my main hard disc for a 500GB M.2 & am trying to install a fresh copy of W10 onto the thing, easy enough, I...
  6. creator update installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  7. Windows 10 Fresh Install Fall Creators Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Fall Creators Update?: Hello about to install Windows 10 onto a new PC I have Windows 10 on USB is it possible yet to just install to the latest version or do I need to update after install? Thanks 99200
  8. Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!: Hey guys, I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 build 1703 (Creators update) and I am on the latest update as of July 19 2017. I have one big problem, Cortana search doesn't seem to pull up installed programs like VLC or 7-Zip whenever i type the names in. Also if I...
  9. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...