Windows 10: creator update start button

Discus and support creator update start button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; since installing creator update I have had a few minor problems. now the start button sometimes works sometimes doesn't any updates on the horizon to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wood, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Wood Win User

creator update start button

since installing creator update I have had a few minor problems.
    now the start button sometimes works sometimes doesn't
    any updates on the horizon to fix creator problems

:)

2. no "update now" button shown by the update assistant for the latest Windows 10 Creators Update

I'm trying to update to the latest Windows 10 Creators as soon as possible. I've downloaded the install assistant from "windows-10-creators-update-here" as directed. The Install Assistant says to click the "update now" button, but there is such button
    showing on the screen, so there is no way to start the install. How can I get the install assistant to start?

leavemealonestopuce, Jun 21, 2017
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Charms not on the right side with apps/ program list always visible.

you can continue to check for updates, the creators update (1703) will come eventually or, you can get it now by going

here
    and clicking the update now button.

when you have the creators update installed you can go to settings -> personalisation -> start and turn off 'show apps list in start menu' you will then have a button in the start menu to show the list of apps only when you want.

Martmcd, Jun 21, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Open administrator command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:

1) sfc /scannow (please post the results into the thread)

2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (please post the results into the thread)

3) net user test /add

4) shutdown /r

Upon reboot sign on with the new user named test.

Evaluate the start button performance with the new user and report into the thread.

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  5. nir2014 Win User
    Thanks zbook and apologies for jumping/hijacking others' thread.

I followed your steps (for my exact same problem) and all of them passed (steps-1 & 2 did not return any errors) and windows start button is working but only for the new user that I created (in step 3) but NOT for my previous (actual) user account. Please advise on how to fix this issue for old accounts.

Many thanks!

nir2014, Jul 9, 2017
  6. Captain Win User
    Well this is odd, I had the same thing and it's noticeable, If I wait for a few mins; it starts to work.
    Sometimes, it's just not even showing. Is this the same thing your dealing with?
    Is it right after you log in?

Captain, Jul 9, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    There is a method to fix a corrupted account and there is a work around method in this link below:

To fix a corrupted user account involves making changes in the registry. When you do this you will be able to maintain the same user name.
    The work around method involves creating a new user and then copying the files from the corrupted user name to the new user name. There is a possibility of contaminating the new user with this method. However this may not happen if you only choose specific files to move. (For example not moving the hidden files).
    See this link for text and images: http://www.techbout.com/fix-corrupt-...ndows-10-9139/

zbook, Jul 9, 2017
  8. creator update start button

I've read that the Start Button issue is caused by the "Windows processes going into a suspended state". It is a Windows 10 function, (Searchui, etc. suspend almost immediately). It is a design 'feature' to allow Apps to run across varied platforms, being suspended they are eligible to be 'swapped out' if necessary by the OS if it runs short of memory - such as if you are running on a Windows phone for example.

You can go into "Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt_Del) and click on Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and "Restart" it will then your Start Button will be functional again.

Or right-clicked the Start button, select Run, paste in "taskkill /IM ShellExperienceHost.exe /F" (without the quotes). This instantly restored my Start menu.

This guy Terrym has a script available that does this automatically - here Anyone having problems with losing their Start bar in windows 10?

CountryBumkin, Jul 10, 2017
  9. Wood Win User
    I ran mbytes, ccleaner, mrt, windows defender and rebooted, all seems to be fine

10. zbook New Member
    nir2014 .
    You have a user account that is corrupted.
    It's best to start using a new user unless you are comfortable working in the registry.
    If necessary you can start a new thead.

zbook, Jul 15, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. creator update start button - Similar Threads - creator update start

2. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  3. Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  4. creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  5. Missing buttons following Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing buttons following Fall Creators Update: Hi. Before that last big Update, I used to have buttons (where the question marks are in the attached pic) saying 'Restore this item' 'Restore all items' and I can't find a way to get these back. As you can see, I'm using Classic Shell if that matters. Can anyone put me...
  6. Power button sleep on Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Power button sleep on Creators Update: I'm running Dell XPS 15 (9550) which I use for work. Finally our admins have upgraded McAfee which used to prevent Cretors Update from coming on my machine. Since a couple of days I'm running CU then! I have "sleep" function linked heto t power button settings (in power...
  7. Creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators update: I installed the creators update some months ago that helped solving some of the problems I had with windows. But after windows crashed and I had to reinstall it, I can no longer seem to get the creators update to work. I just get a message that says "thank you for updating...
  8. windows 10 fall creators update start menu button

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 fall creators update start menu button: hi, sorry if this has been asked before, I seem to have a problem at times with the start menu button(left hand corner) does not always work, any help please? thank you, *Smile 95889
  9. creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    creators update: I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the creators update? I installed it on a desktop and laptop. The laptop seems ok with it. The desktop appeared ok at first, but after a couple of days things started happening. Keyboard would freeze, chrome with bing started...
  10. Windows 10 Creator Updates Start Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator Updates Start Locked: I clean installed windows 10 creator updates yesterday. after installed some application and setting my windows unfortunately my Start is locked. Locked here means it can do Pin or Unpin programs or Drag icon. But, after a few second, start is freezing and then it back to...