Windows 10: Creators Fall and DirectX ... new version??

Discus and support Creators Fall and DirectX ... new version?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Okay. The link from #27 has a solution. I used DDU from guru3d.com to uninstall the new drivers and their settings, then installed the recommended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Burgurne, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Burgurne Win User

Creators Fall and DirectX ... new version??

Okay. The link from #27 has a solution. I used DDU from guru3d.com to uninstall the new drivers and their settings, then installed the recommended driver from the link for Nvidia 385.69 WHQL, and VOILA PC2 is starting perfect, and after 10 starts attemps F1 2017 also starts perfect every time.
    So something in the newer drivers and Fall Creator don't like some dx11 games. I used 387.92 WHQL before updating to Falls Creator, and then it worked, but not AFTER the windows 10 update.

Windows 10 pro Fall Creator and Nvidia driver 385.69 = all my gaming starts problems are gone *Smile

Burgurne, Nov 2, 2017
  2. sygnus21 Win User

You're welcomed *Smile

sygnus21, Nov 2, 2017
  3. The fall creator update uses WDM 2.3 (Windows Desktop Manger = fiddly quirks) and nvidia are not known for being quick on the mark in fixing certain issues on older generation cards. They typically have a few 'branches' of driver developments which explains why a lot of 'new' drivers still contain old bugs - or reintroduce 'regression' bugs. (Fixed in one branch, not fixed in another).

Stick with the working driver for a few months.

SmartEyeball, Nov 2, 2017
  4. JimmyBoy Win User

It's from Endless Space 2, but Civiliztion 6 also had a different startup error but the root cause is the same.
    I downgraded to Nvdidia 314 (clean install + registry deletion) and it works, then upgraded to 356 and it works as well.

I'll also try Nvidia driver 385.69 which was mentioned on Page 3.

JimmyBoy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators Fall and DirectX ... new version?? - Similar Threads - Creators Fall DirectX

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Windows Fall Creators Update - (Version 1809?)

Windows Fall Creators Update - (Version 1809?): Can any of you kind folks PLEASE tell me whether the latest update has been re-released, or not? When I run "Windows 10 Update Assistant" or manually search for updates in Settings, I get a message "Thank you for updating to the latest version of Windows 10" or "Your device...
  4. Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?: Which version do I suppose to get? Right now it's like this: [img] Is it already the good version? Or do I have to wait a day longer (impatient me haha!) And how do I know it's updating to the last version. Oops, so many questions at once, sorry you guys! *Redface...
  5. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  6. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  7. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  8. New DirectX 12 features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    New DirectX 12 features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: We’ve come a long way since we launched DirectX 12 with Windows 10 on July 29, 2015. Since then, we’ve heard every bit of feedback and improved the API to enhance stability and offer more versatility. Today, developers using DirectX 12 can build games that have better...
  9. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....
  10. What’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is beginning to roll out to Windows 10 customers around the world, and today, we’re outlining all the great new features available in the update with this blog post and our special episode of This Week on Windows. AXHGuC815d0 With...