Windows 10: Creators Update broke the old Windows 7 games pack

Discus and support Creators Update broke the old Windows 7 games pack in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After updating to the CU 1703, my old Windows 7 games pack, solitaire etc, stopped working. Uninstalled and reinstalled, fixed it in the past, not this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Creators Update broke the old Windows 7 games pack

After updating to the CU 1703, my old Windows 7 games pack, solitaire etc, stopped working. Uninstalled and reinstalled, fixed it in the past, not this time. Nothing happens when I click the tiles, even when run as admin. Just a FYI post.

:)

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2017
  2. auroth Win User

"Unable to find captures folder" Windows Gaming Bar

Before Creators Update i was running Capture folder in E: partition. Then after Creators Update it just broke and Game DVR now cannot find the Captures folder. Game DVR App is saying "something went wrong, try again later".

auroth, Apr 5, 2017
  3. a2w2k Win User
    Handwriting keyboard input (and support) disappeared in Fall Creators (Nov 17 17) update

Yes, the Fall Creator update of Windows 10 broke the Chinese handwriting input feature,but MS apparently fixed it. I uninstalled the Chinese language pack all together and re-installed it, then the handwriting input re-appeared. the writing pad became smaller,
    nonetheless it is working! Give it a try.

a2w2k, Apr 5, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Creators Update broke the old Windows 7 games pack

Reinstalled OK here in 1703. I did re-download it from the Winaero link. All working as normal.

clam1952, Apr 5, 2017
  5. Did you upgrade to 1703 or do a clean install?

6. Downloaded it again and now it works? I think the other download I had was from a different source. All fixed now though, thanks.

7. Bree New Member
    You know, if you take a step back to the XP games then W10 doesn't try to uninstall them at each upgrade. I always preferred their cleaner looks anyway - a style that seems back in favour, more in keeping with W10's styling than the W7 versions.

Solitaire, Freecell, etc. can just be copied from your old machine and run 'as is' without any installation. Just copy the .exe and .chm files plus cards.dll into a folder and run them from there.

Bree, Apr 5, 2017
  8. clam1952 Win User

Upgraded to 1703 but see you have sorted it. *Smile

clam1952, Apr 5, 2017
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    Thanks for the info. Need to keep this in mind when I update my main rig.

sygnus21, Apr 6, 2017
  10. Keep it on a thumb drive as it will go away with every new build.

Josey Wales, Apr 6, 2017
  11. Mooly Win User
    I found my 'upgrade install' had deleted the games. Reinstalling them and all back to normal.

My clean install does not appear to install/and/or make available the 'games launcher' that you could open any game from. All the games install, just no launcher. As mentioned above, you can run each game from the file as needed. I only use two games and so placed tiles for those on the start menu although I see they are all available from the start menu anyway.

Creators Update broke the old Windows 7 games pack [​IMG]

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators Update broke the old Windows 7 games pack - Similar Threads - Creators Update broke

2. Minecraft starter and creator pack problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft starter and creator pack problem: So I was trying to get Minecraft xbox one edidtion but I just got bedrock starter pack and creators pack but I already owned bedrock in digital form so I put the disk in and I didnt get any of the things that it said like minecoins texturepack and all the other stuff...
  3. Update broke my gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update broke my gaming: Recent feature updates to 1903 have made my gaming really choppy. I had the same issue in 1909 and went back to 1903 thinking that was the problem, but it wasn't. I've tried uninstalling the updates by doing it in control panel, command prompt with administrator privileges,...
  4. Creators Update Broke Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Creators Update Broke Edge: All other browser work fine... but after the Creators Update Edge is behaving badly with intermittent problems. Main error is 'Hmmm... cannot reach this page' with 'The DNS server might be having problems. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND' when Details is clicked....
  5. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update BROKE Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update BROKE Wi-Fi Adapter: Hello everyone! So a couple of weeks ago (I think) I decided to install the Fall Creators Update on my computer. It was already running Windows 10 and everything ran fine. However, when the update installed and the computer rebooted, the Wi-Fi adapter wasn't working. It is...
  6. No symbol pack for Creator's Update yet?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No symbol pack for Creator's Update yet?: I help out over at /r/techsupport and this guy with a fresh install of W10 is having bluescreens. Problem is that I get WRONG_SYMBOLS no matter what when checking out his dump files. I tried .symfix .reload and it downloads something, but when following up with a new analyze...
  7. Creator broke my network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creator broke my network connections: in 1607 I had 4 devices, 2 laptops, 2 desktops. One desktop is a server of sorts, not running server s/w. All others could connect to it. Upgrade to Creator (Nothing else changed) and now no one can talk to the server. one laptop show it, the other does not. If I click on...
  8. Can't install language pack after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't install language pack after Creators Update: Only issue i have with Creators Update is installation of English (GB) language pack installed on one of my PC's but failed on the other PC. Tried every workaround i could find on here and on Google, but still fails. 82727
  9. Fall Creator's update (1709) broke the program index

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator's update (1709) broke the program index: I got the Fall Creator’s update recently, and it somehow broke Windows’ indexing of programs. I'm currently on Winver: 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Before the problem: Windows 10/drive C: is installed on a 250GB SSD, but most programs are installed on a conventional 640 GB...
  10. Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer: So yesterday, I finally bit the bullet and decided to let my PC do the Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update. After about 8 hours, I finally went to bed and let it keep running. Well sometime during the night it finally finished. Logged in this morning only to see that all...