Windows 10: Creators Update - Cannot set different wallpaper per monitor

Discus and support Creators Update - Cannot set different wallpaper per monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all I just updated to the Creators Edition and my link to the classic wallpaper chooser (that I got from this site) is now opening up the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PureLoneWolf, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Creators Update - Cannot set different wallpaper per monitor

Hi all

I just updated to the Creators Edition and my link to the classic wallpaper chooser (that I got from this site) is now opening up the default personalisation screen. Meaning that I no longer have the ability to set a different background per monitor.

I was previously using a shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\control.exe /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

Is there any workaround, beyond having to stitch images together, to get this to work?

Many thanks

:)

PureLoneWolf, Apr 15, 2017
  2. RCoreyS Win User

Multiple Wallpapers on Windows 10

This allows me to access and set wallpapers but not for individual monitors. I still cannot set different backgrounds for each of my monitors.

RCoreyS, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Creators Update - Cannot set different wallpaper per monitor

Ignore me - I am so used to using the Wallpaper chooser workaround, I didn't notice that you can right click an image from the new personalisation area and set the monitor

/facepalm

PureLoneWolf, Apr 15, 2017
  5. Thanks for that info, i was looking for a way to do that myself !!*Thumbs

insulator17, Apr 20, 2017
  6. I am still having issues, I have 8 monitors, seem you can only cycle between 5 images, then you have to browse to another and that resets the entire process.

lowprofile2000, Apr 25, 2017
  7. martixy Win User
    martixy, May 11, 2017
  8. Riyane Win User

Creators Update - Cannot set different wallpaper per monitor

Right clicking images from the personlization area did not automatically work for me, and the previous work around that I was using was also not working. However, I have discovered this one:
    hitting the Windows+R keys, then typing in (or copy/paste)

shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921} -Microsoft.Personalization\pageWallpaper

Riyane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Creators Update - Cannot set different wallpaper per monitor

1. Creators Update - Cannot set different wallpaper per monitor - Similar Threads - Creators Update Cannot

2. I can't set different wallpapers on different monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set different wallpapers on different monitors: When I try to set different wallpapers on different monitors, I have a problem. In the set for desktop option it only displays options 1 and 2 even though I have 3 monitors. When I choose 1, nothing changes. When I choose 2 it changes for everyone....
  3. I can't set different wallpapers on different monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set different wallpapers on different monitors: When I try to set different wallpapers on different monitors, I have a problem. In the set for desktop option it only displays options 1 and 2 even though I have 3 monitors. When I choose 1, nothing changes. When I choose 2 it changes for everyone....
  4. How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?: I've looked through every setting on my computer and every forum on a couple sites, none of them have answered my question.I'm trying to set a different wall paper for each of my three monitors. But every time I go into the personalization settings and right click on a...
  5. How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?

How to set different wallpaper for different monitors?: I've looked through every setting on my computer and every forum on a couple sites, none of them have answered my question.I'm trying to set a different wall paper for each of my three monitors. But every time I go into the personalization settings and right click on a...
  6. Can't set a different wallpaper for second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set a different wallpaper for second monitor: Hello,When I set up a second monitor for my system, I wanted for both monitors to have different wallpapers, but when I tried to do so, I couldn't do it. All it shows is "set as desktop background" instead of "set for monitor 1" or "set for monitor 2".I didn't have multiple...
  7. Cannot set different wallpaper on second monitor anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot set different wallpaper on second monitor anymore.: When I go to "background" and right click, the option Set for Monitor 1/Set for Monitor 2, no longer appears. Is this happening for anyone else? submitted by /u/0Maka [link] [comments]...
  8. I can't set wallpapers per monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set wallpapers per monitor.: Hello, I've been trying to set wallpaper per monitor however selecting set for monitor one sets for both and set for monitor two sets for none. I am on windows 11. Just wanting to know whether anyone else has been getting this bug or how I can report it....
  9. I can't set wallpapers per monitor.

I can't set wallpapers per monitor.: Hello, I've been trying to set wallpaper per monitor however selecting set for monitor one sets for both and set for monitor two sets for none. I am on windows 11. Just wanting to know whether anyone else has been getting this bug or how I can report it....
  10. Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor: Hello TenForums, I've got a b*tchin' multi monitor setup, and I had it set up to pull different wallpapers from my 3 gigs of dank papes. Each screen had a different wallpaper, and one would change every 30 minutes. Besides the fact that, if you number the monitors 1,2,3 left...