Windows 10: Creators Update caused some problems

Discus and support Creators Update caused some problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, When I upgraded to the Creators Update I encountered a small problem that turned into a larger problem. The small problem was that Libre... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fdhealy4, May 31, 2017.

1. fdhealy4 Win User

Creators Update caused some problems

Hello all,

When I upgraded to the Creators Update I encountered a small problem that turned into a larger problem. The small problem was that Libre Office would not open. I tried several ways to open it but nothing worked. I reverted to the previous edition and uninstalled LO and re-installed it. I upgraded again but could not open it again. I reverted to the previous edition again. I then tried to uninstall it and do a re-install. Now it wouldn't uninstall at all. I tried the Windows Uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller, an Elevated command line to uninstall, and I also tried to uninstall it through the registry. Each time I got a box with the title "Windows Installer". The contents of the box says "This install package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package". The path to the installer file was correct and the file was there. I also verified the files integrity. I then reverted to the previous edition of Windows 10 that I just came from. Now it won't uninstall there either and I get the same warning box and message. I've talked with LibreOffice through Bugzilla and they can't seem to solve the problem. I really don't want to do a clean install and then do the upgrade thing till I install the Creator Upgrade and find I still have the same problem. Actually I don't want to do a clean install at all.

Any ideas?

Dale

Creators Update caused some problems [​IMG]

:)

fdhealy4, May 31, 2017

2. Advanced display settings in the Creator Update

The Creator update is causing some additional problems with not recognizing HMDI ports.

RDavisVegas, May 31, 2017
  3. Creators update caused problems

Hi,

This Creators update has been a real PITA for me. Many of us home desktop people don't need or want most of these features. We didn't ask for it nor were we given a choice to accept it or not.

My particular Dell desktop Windows 10 will not ever turn on the "numbers lock" at boot when the 'fast startup' feature is enabled. Soooo I disable 'fast startup' and all is well. It only costs a mere 20 seconds of boot time. Simple fix, right? But no, every
    time Windows 10 does a major update, they turn it back on again. Why?? It's my setting, not yours. Every time you do that, it takes me several frustrating, failed logins to realize that Windows 10 has done it to me again.

Then the default email client situation continues to be maddening. I've always loved Outlook Express; simple, efficient and always reliable for us. The options windows 10 offers for default emails are dismal. I really like "runasxp Outlook Express 6". But
    W10 again removes the entire program during an update without my permission. It is just gone, with all my email contents; inbox, sent, etc. Why?? It works very well for me. There is another one called OE Classic. I can install it & use it, but W10 refuses
    to recognize it as a default email client. Again, why? Both of these mail programs work great and flawlessly, long term, with Windows 7. So I guess with W10 I will have to go back to Thunderbird; 3rd place, but works fine.

I know of several friends who have gone as far as wiping their hard drives, then buying a brand new Windows 7 O.S. to get themselves back to less frustration. A few friends have switched to Apple/Mac saying $ was no object to them. We can't afford the Mac
    switch.

So, thank you for letting me rant. Hope I was respectfully polite.

T'care,

LR

Linda Reilly, May 31, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, May 31, 2017
  5. Mooly Win User
    I use LibreOffice and encountered no issues with both upgrade and clean installs of the Creators Update in both x86 and x64 versions. I'm running LO 5.3.3.2 currently.

As you have already tried uninstalling (and using Revo) then I think the best you can hope for is to manually look for the LO program files folder as suggested by sml156 and manually delete all that is in there. Then do a search of the registry looking for LO entries (use the 'find' option) and delete anything you come across. Delete any desktop or start menu shortcuts and then try reinstalling.

Mooly, May 31, 2017
  6. fdhealy4 Win User
    There is no uninstall file and no uninstall link in the Start Menu. It relies on the Windows installer. Thanks for offering the link on posting pictures but I didn't try to post any. Not sure how that got there.

Dale

fdhealy4, May 31, 2017
  7. fdhealy4 Win User
    I'll do that as a last resort. If I do that and can't re-install I'll have to go with OpenOffice. That would be fine but the rest of the family uses LO. We like the standard type menu as oppose to the ribbon style menu of MS.

I like your Plantagenet Rose.

Dale

fdhealy4, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators Update caused some problems - Similar Threads - Creators Update caused

2. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  3. Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.: The Fall Creators Update has been stuck for me for months. I finally figured out how to get it to install. Before I did that, I updated my video drivers to make sure it wasn't a problem. Installation went fine. It rebooted at the end of installation, which also went fine. It...
  4. Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.: The Fall Creators Update has been stuck for me for months. I finally figured out how to get it to install. Before I did that, I updated my video drivers to make sure it wasn't a problem. Installation went fine. It rebooted at the end of installation, which also went fine. It...
  5. OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update

in Windows 10 Customization
    OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update: Hi guys! when I install the old new explorer , thw folders disappear. I use a custom theme and I have this problem after installing the new update. has anyone else similar issue? Thanks in advance! [img] 82290
  6. Creators Update - Account Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creators Update - Account Problem: Since Microsoft 'creators update' about a week ago I have been getting the following message pop up daily; Microsoft account problem We need to fix your Microsoft account before you can use shared experiences. Select this message to open settings to fix things....
  7. Creators update problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creators update problem.: I recently updated my windows 10 to creators edition. After the update, I am getting a black screen after windows log in with a cursor and there pc too has become quite slow. I need help asap. Specs: lenovo g50-80 Intel core i5 Amd r5 m330 Windows 10 home edition. 4...
  8. Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator Update Causing Stuttering problem: About every 2 seconds my cursor will freeze in place for a second and snap to where it's supposed to be. programs do the same thing; while loading they will pause, then snap to where they should have been at that time. I've tried fresh restoring windows and that didn't do...
  9. Fall Creators Update Causing Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update Causing Issues: I recently installed the new Fall Creators Update, and right after, I have been having some weird issues that I'm not happy about, and quite frankly, I want to uninstall the update because of it. 1) My EasyMail for Gmail app stopped giving me notifications for new mail....
  10. Creators Update Partition Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators Update Partition Problem: I made a thread a couple of months ago commenting on the fact that, when I had to reinstall windows 10, I messed up the installation by putting everything onto one main partition, leaving the other 2 partitions unallocated. I decided not to do anything about it and leave it...