Windows 10: Creator's Update, does it affect normal Windows 10 desktops?

Discus and support Creator's Update, does it affect normal Windows 10 desktops? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I was planning to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC but I heard that the Creator's Update is coming out very soon. My question was that is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Apr 10, 2017.

1. lolcocks Win User

Creator's Update, does it affect normal Windows 10 desktops?

Hello,

I was planning to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC but I heard that the Creator's Update is coming out very soon.

My question was that is it different from the current Windows 10 we all are using? Is the update going to be available to normal desktop and laptop users?

If yes, I wanted to clean install the new update, so are the ISOs of the same going to be available?

Thank you.

:)

lolcocks, Apr 10, 2017

2. windows 10 creators update

Does the current Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 10 update creators affect the programs currently installed on the version

mahmoudibrahim231, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Windows Reset: does it affect EFI partition?

No, only the system partition where Windows 10 is installed will be affected.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

AddRAM, Apr 10, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
  6. lolcocks Win User
  7. lolcocks Win User
    Wait a minute, how come Creator's Update is available on the Media Creation Tool 6 days ago?
    Did the release it early? I thought the release date was 11 April 2017.

lolcocks, Apr 10, 2017
  8. AddRAM Win User

Because it was *Smile No it was not released early.

You can clean install it or wait for the update.

If you clean install you`ll have to install all your software again.

AddRAM, Apr 10, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Probably a difference between MS having the tools in place, and the start of distribution via Windows update.

But read the articles and search for posts entitled 'Creator's' and you will find, despite the long series of Insider's builds, people are hitting a variety of small snags- and of course, a good many none.

As with any major upgrade,, create a disk image e.g. with Macrium Reflect (free) (Windows Backup option) before any upgrade. If successful, update your image and maintain it routinely thereafter. We strongly recommend its routine use.

Great disaster and failed disk recovery option which can save so much pain.

dalchina, Apr 10, 2017
  10. CountMike New Member
    Insiders had most of it for some time now. MS is tuning it for release at April 11th but probably were not sure if it would be ready in time. As it happened looks like they were satisfied earlier and only minor changes were done in the past few weeks. And it's practically same as Insider 1703-15063.14 version.

CountMike, Apr 10, 2017
  11. lx07 Win User
    Or you can upgrade using the ISO from the media creation tool.

The last releases updates were staggered over weeks/months so if you don't want to wait, download the ISO, double click to mount it and then click on setup.exe.

12. AddRAM Win User
    Personally, I`m in no rush for it.

AddRAM, Apr 10, 2017
  13. CountMike New Member

Personally I already have it and one step beyond. Nothing special to see folks, move along. Have a drink*Drink1

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creator's Update, does it affect normal Windows 10 desktops? - Similar Threads - Creator's Update does

2. Does Microsoft Update Calalog affect windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Update Calalog affect windows update?: I want to know if the update that you download on Microsoft update catalog affect window update. What I mean by that is once the update is installed, once I check for updates in window update, will I still see the button to install that said update....
  3. Does Microsoft Update Calalog affect windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft Update Calalog affect windows update?: I want to know if the update that you download on Microsoft update catalog affect window update. What I mean by that is once the update is installed, once I check for updates in window update, will I still see the button to install that said update....
  4. Creators update Windows 10 version 1809 does not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators update Windows 10 version 1809 does not install: it was an endless loop preparing, downloading, install and repeating if you are on an older update of Windows 10 will we lose safety and support its not our fault if it will not install i read some processors do not accept certain updates and they will get support until...
  5. Creators Update "Normal" Behavior?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update "Normal" Behavior?: Booted up Gayle's little HP Laptop this morning and got the update window with "Lets Get Started" and saying "they" had some things to perform before the update. In retrospect, I should have connected an Ethernet cable, but oh well. After just over two hours of what I...
  6. Creators Update - Extend Desktop to Chromecast

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Creators Update - Extend Desktop to Chromecast: I am trying to extend my Windows 10 laptop display to a chromecast device (attached to a TV). It seems this was possible prior to the latest Windows 10 update. Does anyone know if it can still be done? According to another article I have read (on addictivetips.com), it...
  7. Icons does not align right in desktop since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons does not align right in desktop since Creators Update: Creators Update bringed us a lot of bugs in Windows 10. One of them is a problem with the icons on desktop. Everytime I reboot I see this: [img] I have marked "Align icons to grid option": [img] To fix the problem I have to check "Auto arrange icons" option...
  8. Upgrade to Fall Creator affects Start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Fall Creator affects Start menu: I did the Fall Creator update and found that my Start Menu and Tiles did no longer contain my apps. Regular programs, Office, Edge, etc. show up as they should but apps like facebook, MyRadar, Solitaire(s), etc. do not. The apps are still on the computer and can be accessed...
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...
  10. Desktop Bridge: Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Bridge: Windows 10 Creators Update: Overview The Creators Update is packed with new features for app developers and end users that are designed to delight developers who can offer their end users a rich experience. User transition & data migration Users are encouraged to download the store version of...