Windows 10: Creators Update - Edge cannot cast media

Discus and support Creators Update - Edge cannot cast media in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since upgrading to the Creators Update version 1703, build 15063.13 Edge can no longer cast media to a device. The option is still there, but it just... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bree, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Bree New Member

Creators Update - Edge cannot cast media

Since upgrading to the Creators Update version 1703, build 15063.13 Edge can no longer cast media to a device. The option is still there, but it just searches endlessly for a device without finding one. Even typing the name of the device into the Search box says 'it looks as though we cannot find your device'. This problem exists on both the systems I have upgraded, x86 Pro and x64 Home.

Casting from File Explorer still works normally.

Creators Update - Edge cannot cast media [​IMG]

:)

Bree, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Tryggr Win User

Cast to in Edge doesn't find any devices

Since upgrading to Creators Update Edge no longer works for using Cast to. I have 2 PCs that I use to Cast to 2 Xbox Ones. Prior to the update this worked 100%. Since the update there is no combination of devices that works. If I open a movie in Movies
    & TV app, then try to cast to Xbox, it works properly. But in Edge, if click the ... and choose Cast media to device, the computer opens the Connect fly out and there are simply no devices that are found. I'm starting to see more buzz around the internet on
    this, but no solutions yet. Can anybody help me out?

Tryggr, Apr 9, 2017
  3. After Windows 10 Creators Update, 'cast to device' is not working from my PC to my XBox One (previously it used to work smoothly)

I updated my PC from Windows 10 Anniversary Update to Windows 10 Creators Update using update assistant on 6th April, 2017. Since then I am not able to cast media to my XBox One from MS Edge.

FYI, my XBox is also got updated to new UI design. I am not sure what is the version, need to check.

After these 2 updates (PC & XBox) cast to device has stopped working. Now when I select cast to device, my xbox does not show up in the list.

I also checked for media streaming option, which was on before creator update but now turned off. I enabled it again but still the xbox does not come up in the list of devices.

Before these 2 updates I was able to cast media to XBox successfully from my Windows 10 Phone and Windows 10 PC, but now it has stopped working.

Please help!

Pushan Bhattacharya, Apr 9, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Have no problem casting media on my Surface Pro 4 using Miracast on Build 1703, Edge works flawlessly as does IE and Chrome.
    It would appear (going by your above post) that your Panasonic Viera series or mobile device do not support Miracast.
    My Panasonic Viera TX Series supports Miracast, by using a plugged in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

dencal, Apr 10, 2017
  5. BlitzerNL Win User
    Thats the problem!
    Windows/Edge was able to cast video's via cable to another cabled device, Desktop(lan)->TV (lan).
    They did this one version earlier as well, but i believe they than fixed it in 1607, and now its gone again :/
    Really shitty move.
    Cable -> Cable is solid performance.
    WiDI (miracast) does not work properly, even on short distances its really sensative to disturbances thus performance is low as well.

grtz

BlitzerNL, Apr 10, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    If you wish to cast via cable to another cabled device.....use HDMI to HDMI cable.
    Miracast works perfectly.....have tried it from 20 ft away and is not affected in any way.

Since your post I have successfully casted both films and YouTube videos from an MSI laptop using HDMI to HDMI cable to a Television.
    If to a TV make sure you connect to HDMI in AV setting....on TV Commander.

Surface Pro 4 using Miracast but have to switch to AV channel Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter is fitted into on TV.
    As stated in earlier post Edge IE and Chrome all work.

dencal, Apr 10, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    @dencal, you are missing the point.

Before upgrading to the Creators Update I didn't need Miracast or any additional hardware - casting from Edge worked without it, just like I could (and still can) cast from File Explorer.

8. dencal Win User

You are missing my point....my posts are only how to bypass the problem....nothing whatsoever to do with M$ updates.
    In particular my reply to Blitz.

dencal, Apr 10, 2017
  9. BlitzerNL Win User
    Yes i know how to bypass it, no problem.
    I got 15m hdmi cable if needed but i dont want to run another cable bcs i got network right?
    And i just want to cast the video it self not the whole desktop, video ends, back to tv.
    And ripping the video from the web first is also not what you want.

I wonder why MS removed it again, is it a bug? Will it be back?

BlitzerNL, Apr 10, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    New cumulative update, but Cast from Edge is still broken....

11. Bree New Member
    Reverting to a 1607 system image shows what Edge should be capable of - but can no longer do in Creators Update.

12. Bree New Member
    The problem boils down to this: in all versions up to 1607 Edge could Cast to DLNA devices, in 1703 it can now only cast to Miracast devices. This has made a lot of people angry, and has now apparently been reported in the Feedback hub.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral

13. Bree New Member

14. Bree New Member
    Apparently the official answer from a Microsoft spokesperson is "No - we're never going to restore this function in Edge that you all enjoyed so much in 1607" *Banghead

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e57c846?auth=1

Thema:

1. Creators Update - Edge cannot cast media - Similar Threads - Creators Update Edge

2. Cast Media to device is not working on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Cast Media to device is not working on Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is the go-to web browser for Windows 10 users. Now, one of the cool things we like about Edge is its ability to […] This article Cast Media to device is not working on Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Casting With Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Casting With Edge Chromium: Installed the new Edge Chromium the other day and was wondering, is it not possible to cast to a Chromecast yet? I have tried many times and it cannot find any of my devices as to where Chrome finds them all. Thanks in advance. 149431
  4. Media Creator Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creator Question: I haven't used MC in a long time now and I have been wondering. Will it download the ISO with the latest build? (1709 or 1803 is fine). Because I don't really want to wait for my laptop to update for a whole day because I'd be really wasting my time. 110492
  5. Creators Update Broke Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Creators Update Broke Edge: All other browser work fine... but after the Creators Update Edge is behaving badly with intermittent problems. Main error is 'Hmmm... cannot reach this page' with 'The DNS server might be having problems. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND' when Details is clicked....
  6. Edge not working after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not working after Creators Update: Microsoft Edge launches to a blank screen, hangs for a few moments then shuts off. This has happened since the Creators so called Update. It worked perfectly until then. Can anything be done or should I use Opera instead? 94926
  7. Edge Browser - Optimise Media Casting

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser - Optimise Media Casting: I've discovered one useful feature of Edge is the ability to cast video to my Sony TV. However, the playback is sometimes jerky. Is there a way optimising the playback settings when casting videos via Edge? 38307
  8. Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?: Which version do I suppose to get? Right now it's like this: [img] Is it already the good version? Or do I have to wait a day longer (impatient me haha!) And how do I know it's updating to the last version. Oops, so many questions at once, sorry you guys! *Redface...
  9. Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. Starting...
  10. Creators Update issue-Media streaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update issue-Media streaming: My laptop just got the creators update. Everything seemed fine but I have a slight issue. I have .mp4 videos that I stream to my Xbox one. Since the update all the video thumbnails are broken. The videos still play but now I get the same generic media icon on every file...