Windows 10: Creators update- games ignore nvidia ctrl panel color profile

Discus and support Creators update- games ignore nvidia ctrl panel color profile in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, Need help with this asap because I am running out of ideas. So I have this weird bug which I've posted to all kind of reddits but I mostly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dyabzhee, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Dyabzhee Win User

Creators update- games ignore nvidia ctrl panel color profile

Hey,

Need help with this asap because I am running out of ideas.

So I have this weird bug which I've posted to all kind of reddits but I mostly didn't get any response.

I am manually adjusting colors with nvidia control panel since stock colors on TN panels sucks.

Since creators update, when I run fullscreen game, my colors revert to stock ones and even my desktop picks
    it up when I exit or alt tab. I can only fix it with changing resolution or something signal related back and forth or with restarting pc.

Desktop and everything is fine. It only happens when I run games in fullscreen.

Things I've tried:

• 3 times reinstalled creators update including clean install once !
    • Sfc/scannow, dism scanhealth/checkhealth show no errors
    • Disk cleanup
    • Different drivers, currently on latest one.
    • Night mode on/off
    • Game mode on/off
    • Unpluging monitor
    • removing profiles in color management from display properties

I am using xl2411 zowie TN panel 144 hz connected with Dual Dvi.
    Single monitor.

:)

Dyabzhee, Apr 7, 2017
  2. Frank03 Win User

icc color profile resetting in Win 10

This is incredibly irritating. Looked for a fix everywhere, but nothing. I can't even download the solution with the third party program "Color Profile Keeper" because the website is down.

Apparently a fix is coming but who knows how long that's going to take before we get to enjoy it.

"We fixed an issue resulting in color profiles being ignored after launching certain fullscreen games."

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16199 for PC + Build 15215 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog

Also this appears to be a really old issue with nvidia or game developers not understanding the correct use for color profiles?

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...n-full-screen-games-collaboration-thread-/28/

Frank03, Apr 7, 2017
  3. utilafish Win User
    Colors washed out after Windows 10 Creators Update.

Yes, several horrible display issues following creators fall update. Most noticeably my colors were incorrect - a huge deal for me with a photography hobby.

I run an nvidia graphics card and using the nvidia control panel under Adjust Desktop Color Settings I set "Choose how color is set" to "Use Nvidia Settings" (away from "Other applications control color settings".

That fixed things for me but really MS - messing with my color profiles like this is a huge mistake.

I couldn't find the Display Adapter -> Color Management options described above, even after looking for 10 minutes or so before I came across the nvidia control panel solution.

Another issue I notice is some icons in Universal Apps are no longer smoothed/anti-aliased correctly (Skype for example).

utilafish, Apr 7, 2017
  4. Calin Win User

I had the same issue, here's how I fixed it.
    1. Download Color Profile Keeper - CPKeeper (Color Profile Keeper)
    2. Set the options in the NVidia CP how you want them
    3. Open CPK and click the * icon and save your current profile.
    4. Open the profile in CPK by clicking on the ... icon and loading the profile you just saved
    5. Make sure "Lock Profiles" is checked
    6. Click Apply.
    7. Do this everytime you start up Windows.

Calin, Apr 12, 2017
  5. Dyabzhee Win User
    Do I risk getting banned with it from steam/blizzard?

Dyabzhee, Apr 12, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Creators update- games ignore nvidia ctrl panel color profile [​IMG]

Have you checked that the games and programs are set to "Use global settings"?

Also after the Creators Update, I had the problem that Windows, hence benchmarking programs, couldn't "find" OpenCL on my system, so I had to download and reinstall just the current NVIDIA drivers.

Cliff S, Apr 13, 2017
  7. Calin Win User
    Why would you? lol

Calin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators update- games ignore nvidia ctrl panel color profile - Similar Threads - Creators update games

2. Why is there not a display or video section in my nvidia ctrl panel?!?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there not a display or video section in my nvidia ctrl panel?!?!: Pc specs CPU: Intel I5RAM: 8GBGPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE MX350 so um yeah, I want to change my digital vibrance in a game but there's no display option so yeah I need help!!! I followed a lot of tutorials none of them are working....
  3. Why is there not a display or video section in my nvidia ctrl panel?!?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there not a display or video section in my nvidia ctrl panel?!?!: Pc specs CPU: Intel I5RAM: 8GBGPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE MX350 so um yeah, I want to change my digital vibrance in a game but there's no display option so yeah I need help!!! I followed a lot of tutorials none of them are working....
  4. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.: How do I turn it on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidias-control-panel-color-slider-doesnt-work/fdf82df8-3c53-4c05-9e4c-1bbd5c24f24f
  5. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.: How do I turn it on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidias-control-panel-color-slider-doesnt-work/fdf82df8-3c53-4c05-9e4c-1bbd5c24f24f
  6. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Games keep changing color profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games keep changing color profile: I recently built a new PC, installed Windows 10 Pro, all drivers are up to date. I've noticed on two different monitors I've tried, Windows keeps changing the color profile from my default accurate sRGB calibrated one to something much more saturated and blown out, the only...
  8. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel): Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have. Yesterday I reset my laptop because I was wanting to get it fresh and clean for college and get rid of all the apps and such that came with it as I purchased it...
  9. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel)

in Windows 10 Support
    Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel): Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have. Yesterday I reset my laptop because I was wanting to get it fresh and clean for college and get rid of all the apps and such that came with it as I purchased it...
  10. Creators update- games ignore nvidia ctrl panel color profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creators update- games ignore nvidia ctrl panel color profile: Hey, Need help with this asap because I am running out of ideas. I am manually adjusting colors with nvidia control panel since stock colors on TN panels suck. Since creators update, when I run fullscreen game, my colors revert to stock ones and even my desktop picks...