Windows 10: Creator's Update - New to Me and Trying Out the Night Light Feature

Discus and support Creator's Update - New to Me and Trying Out the Night Light Feature in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I don't think I'll have much use for the other things the Creator's Update has to offer, but I am trying out the Night Light blue light blocking screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bigfoot, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Bigfoot Win User

Creator's Update - New to Me and Trying Out the Night Light Feature

I don't think I'll have much use for the other things the Creator's Update has to offer, but I am trying out the Night Light blue light blocking screen dimming feature. I adjusted it not to be too dark and it's immediately easier on my eyes.

Is anyone else using this? Do you have it set to be automatic for certain hours? I just set it on there manually and may keep it there if I continue to like it.

:)

Bigfoot, Jul 16, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Jul 16, 2017
  3. Issues with scheduled Night Light in Creators Update

Hi Grant,

We are glad to hear that you are delighted to have the new feature from the Creators Update. For us to look further into your issue with Night Light, Can you verify on how did you set up the time in activating the feature? Also, Have you checked the time
    settings of your device if it's having any conflict with the feature as well? For further details on the Creators Update and Night Light, you can check the post of Andre Da Costa through this

link
    . You can see the details of Night Light when you scroll down under
    What are the some of the new features in Windows 10 Creators Update?

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, do get back to us.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jul 16, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Yes, I use it and allow it to automatically activate during the late evening. I do prefer the more subdued screen last thing at night but I have no measure of whether it helps me sleep better or get to sleep faster.

There is no reason why you can't manually activate it when you want, there is an option to put it as a quick action tile in the action centre so that it is just 2 clicks to turn on.

Creator's Update - New to Me and Trying Out the Night Light Feature [​IMG]

philc43, Jul 16, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Yes, so do I. If you don't mind having location tracking turned on then you can schedule it to automatically turn on at sunset. I prefer not to be tracked, so schedule a specific time. The changeover is gradual (quite a few seconds) so you don't really notice it kick in.

6. Jagadeesh Win User
    Same here. I keep it turned ON at all times.

Jagadeesh, Jul 16, 2017
  7. Jagadeesh Win User
    Same here. I keep it turned ON at all times

Jagadeesh, Jul 16, 2017
  8. Creator's Update - New to Me and Trying Out the Night Light Feature

I use it. I set it to run on a schedule from 7:30 PM to 8:30 AM just because I like it to start a little earlier at night. It is my favorite new feature in the Creator's Update.

MattMcD488, Jul 16, 2017
  9. Bigfoot Win User
    Thanks for the tip Philc. I ended up setting mine to start and 9AM and stop at 11PM, when I usually am off the computer for the night. Since I've been using it I have noticed less squinting and strain on my eyes.

Bigfoot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creator's Update - New to Me and Trying Out the Night Light Feature - Similar Threads - Creator's Update Trying

2. Night Light Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light Grayed Out: I've been trying to fix this issue for a while Windows 11, Dell laptop, but all of my options to turn on night light are grayed out. I've found several different solutions online:- add new keys in my registry regedit for...
  3. Night Light Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light Grayed Out: I've been trying to fix this issue for a while Windows 11, Dell laptop, but all of my options to turn on night light are grayed out. I've found several different solutions online:- add new keys in my registry regedit for...
  4. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Night light grayed out: So I was trying to turn on night light when I noticed it was grayed out. I use night light alot and for some reason it was grayed out. I tried everything from updating my drivers to deleting blue reduction state to restarting my computer and yet nothing works. I love using...
  5. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light grayed out: So I was trying to turn on night light when I noticed it was grayed out. I use night light alot and for some reason it was grayed out. I tried everything from updating my drivers to deleting blue reduction state to restarting my computer and yet nothing works. I love using...
  6. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night light grayed out: Hi, I use the windows 10 pro version 2004. after the version update my night light greyed out . $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings I tried the above method but I am unable to find the above given subkeys....
  8. night light is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    night light is grayed out.: when my windows 10 updated to windows 10 1909 version , night light is grayed out. i took some steps including deleting night option setting from registry editor but it's still grayed out. what can i do now?...
  9. NIGHT LIGHT FEATURE NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NIGHT LIGHT FEATURE NOT WORKING: i have been this issue from many days that i can,t do with it anymore please help me for fixing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-feature-not-working/79610ea4-fc55-409a-8589-dc53f789c8ba
  10. NIght Light Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    NIght Light Feature: I just want to know whether or not it's possible to schedule the night light feature in Windows to activate and turn on gradually over the course of a set period of time. It'd be somewhat off-putting to have the colour scheme suddenly change....