Windows 10: Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!

Discus and support Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 build 1703 (Creators update) and I am on the latest update as of July 19 2017. I have one big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shamoy, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Shamoy Win User

Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!

Hey guys, I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 build 1703 (Creators update) and I am on the latest update as of July 19 2017. I have one big problem, Cortana search doesn't seem to pull up installed programs like VLC or 7-Zip whenever i type the names in. Also if I rename shortcuts in accessories, the links become completely broken and I can't open them. If i keep clicking or pressing enter on the shortcut in Cortana search, nothing happens.

:)

Shamoy, Jul 19, 2017
  2. Gem Libby Win User

Start menu problem

After updating to the Creator's Update, any program/app I install won't show up in the Start Menu search. Although the programs show up in the Start Menu apps list.

I tried reinstalling windows using a fresh installer downloaded using the media creator but I still get the same problem.

Edit: I also found out that programs/apps that were uninstalled through "Apps & features" remain on the Start Menu search.

Gem Libby, Jul 19, 2017
  3. constant privacy notifications in Windows 10

Hi Walter,

The UNPUXWorker is part of the Creators Update. Before installing the update, it will ask you to review your privacy settings. It should pull up a pop up box that looks like the one in this article:

Choose your privacy settings for the Windows 10 Creators Update

Regards.

Marque Lor, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!

1. Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!! - Similar Threads - Creators update search

2. Windows 10 Search does not pull up files and apps that I search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search does not pull up files and apps that I search: I bought a new Acer PC pre-loaded with Windows 10 and whatever 3rd party software they decided to pre-install. It had a hard drive. I wanted a Solid State Drive. So I went to a PC store and bought a Solid State Drive and he basically installed a fresh Windows 10 on my SSD...
  3. creators update failed to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creators update failed to install: all the waiting and delaying, and just today decided to go ahead with update. now it failed to install. why didn't it go through hmm [img] 92770
  4. creator update installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  5. issues with installed programs not showing up in search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    issues with installed programs not showing up in search: I have found a few threads on here and other sites to try and fix it, but no such luck. I am not hitting that old 512 app limit, as I only have 242 installed: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-StartApps | measure Count : 242 Average : Sum : Maximum : Minimum : Property...
  6. Installing programs extremely slow on fall creators update!

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing programs extremely slow on fall creators update!: After fall creators bug am doing clean install of win 10 pro on all pc's in the house, as wasn't able to recover/save/get out of endles BSOD/GSOD loop. Still working on dual xeon workstation here, using standard windows creation usb in uefi mode. Clean install on ssd (samsung...
  7. Creator Update search issue (fresh install)

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator Update search issue (fresh install): Hi all TenForums, I hope someone can help explain this issue with win 10 creators, fresh install: Step i've done: Created a "creators update" bootable USB with media creator tool fresh install on 3 different i7 laptop 2 asus 1 hp all seems well but: when I...
  8. Fall Creators Update 1709 Failed to install - need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update 1709 Failed to install - need help: To begin here our PC specs currently running Windows 10 Home Version 1607 (build: 14393.321) [img] I'm now a member of the Fall Creators Update Failed to install group. I've tried to install with windows update and this came up. [img] I've tried using the media...
  9. Search not pulling up apps on Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not pulling up apps on Creators Update: Hi, Ever since I upgraded to 1703 (aka the Creators Update), I have not been able to pull up any applications through the search menu. I will type in an application that is installed, and it will say that there is no results, even with a re-index. I have tried to re-index...
  10. Will Windows 10 Creators Update delete installed programs/software ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Windows 10 Creators Update delete installed programs/software ?: Currently Win 10 Pro with all updates as of today. If I install Windows 10 Creators Update I know that i have the option to keep Files and Apps, but will I need to re-install all my programs/software ? If its going to delete them then its a no go, it will take far too...