Windows 10: Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready"

Discus and support Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 prompted me to restart to install the Creators Update. It's now been sitting for a little over an hour on "Getting Windows ready. Don't turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scathe, May 11, 2017.

1. Scathe Win User

Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready"

Windows 10 prompted me to restart to install the Creators Update. It's now been sitting for a little over an hour on "Getting Windows ready. Don't turn off your computer". I can still move the mouse around and the dots are still spinning, but there's no activity on the disk.

I'm not sure what my options are at this point. I'm almost 100% sure it's frozen, so I may be in the position to turn it off with the power button, but I don't want to lose everything. Any suggestions?

EDIT: about 30 seconds after posting this, it restarted on its own. It's now on the "Working on updates... this will take a while" screen, so all seems good. I'm still not sure why it was so slow, but maybe it has something to do with my OS drive (SSD) being nearly full, so it might have had to write and install small chunks of the update at a time if it didn't have enough space.

:)

Scathe, May 11, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, May 11, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready" :)

musum, May 11, 2017
Thema:

Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready"

1. Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready" - Similar Threads - Creators Update stuck

2. Powerbook is stuck getting windows ready during update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerbook is stuck getting windows ready during update: My Powerbook pro is stuck at the getting windows ready during any update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerbook-is-stuck-getting-windows-ready-during/9da41f47-d09d-4fb7-9201-a50dd5856408
  3. Powerbook is stuck getting windows ready during update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerbook is stuck getting windows ready during update: My Powerbook pro is stuck at the getting windows ready during any update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerbook-is-stuck-getting-windows-ready-during/9da41f47-d09d-4fb7-9201-a50dd5856408
  4. Powerbook is stuck getting windows ready during update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck at getting ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at getting ready: I have installed windows using a usb and adter the installation and stuff its just stuck at getting ready for a long time i dont think this is normal . I want to keep my files and am using an laptop with a non removable battery...
  6. Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%'

Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%': Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-update-stuck-in-getting-things-ready-70/0ff9216b-e3a8-44bd-83fe-25a3d8ccdecd
  7. Stuck at Getting Windows ready

Stuck at Getting Windows ready: After I hit update and shut down, my PC got stuck at 35% and more than 3 hours passed by. Then I tried to go to advanced settings and troubleshoot/ do anything from that menu but in order to do so, I needed to login to my microsoft account. While trying to do that, it showed...
  8. Stuck on Getting Windows Ready when restarting to update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Getting Windows Ready when restarting to update: It’s been like an hour, is it supposed to take this long? submitted by /u/lollollmaolol12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g86ess/stuck_on_getting_windows_ready_when_restarting_to/
  9. Updates stuck on getting things ready 0%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates stuck on getting things ready 0%: I'm trying to update after reading about the whole malware thing. I'm still on 1809 and can't get my pc to update on it's own. Too stupid to figure out on my own. pls help submitted by /u/brueglasshues [link] [comments]...
  10. WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready"

WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready": My Windows Update program gets stuck at "getting things ready" process. I recently reset my laptop with Microsoft Defender to solve existing update problem, but new situation came up. Troubleshooter couldn't find problems, SFC and DISM indicated no problem, BITS is on, so I...