Windows 10: Creator's updates completely changed my customized Start Senu...

Discus and support Creator's updates completely changed my customized Start Senu... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1) Is anyone aware of a way to restore? 2) Are there any performance issues related to this update? It's imperative that my machine run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Creator's updates completely changed my customized Start Senu...

1) Is anyone aware of a way to restore?

2) Are there any performance issues related to this update? It's imperative that my machine run efficiently.

:)

AshleyQuick, Dec 18, 2017
  2. Foofaraw Win User

Windows Security Center disabled with Creators update...

I just completed the Windows 10 Creators update on two computers, one a desktop and the other a Surface Book. After the update completed on both, I received a notice that Windows Security Center was disabled. It appears that the Creators update changed a
    services setting (wscsvc start = 4), which disables the security center. The original setting was (wscsvc start = 2). I also have Zemana AntiMalware installed, which flagged this change as dangerous. I understand that there is a new security center, or security
    enhancements, with this update, so I’m wondering if this change was intentional or not? I installed the Creators update using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Foofaraw, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    12Oct16 Updates completely changed my screen. I need help to restore.

You're welcome, Kathleen. We would just like to verify if you were able to follow the first set of steps given in the first reply. Please make sure to do a right-click on an empty screen so you will be able to see Display settings.

We're just here for any feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Creator's updates completely changed my customized Start Senu...

Hi, I don't think anyone will understand this.

1. To which update or upgrade are you referring exactly? - check your Update History.

2. "your customized Start Senu..." - what is this?
    In what way did this change?

(A screenshot would help, perhaps suitably annotated).

a. If you have upgraded to a new Win 10 build e.g. 1709 you can 'go back to the previous build' if you wish via the Advanced Startup options (e.g. via SHIF+ left click Restart).
    b. If you wish to undo a Windows update, you can
    i Uninstall the update
    or
    ii Try using System Restore

Finally, if you've been using disk imaging as we strongly urge people to do (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) ) you can restore a previously created disk image if you have an appropriate one.

dalchina, Dec 19, 2017
  5. Every single tile and its placement changed. Oh and a handful of games were installed...all of which without any consent or prompts of any sort.

AshleyQuick, Dec 19, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    You only answered dalchina's second question. We still have no idea what update you are referring to.

Run Winver and also look at your Update History. It would help if you posted screenshots of both.

7. Apologies. I have 1709 (16299.125)

I tried system restore but only had one choice...chose it and everything looked the same.

8. Bree New Member

For 10 days after the update to 1709 you have the option to return to your old version. It's not system restore you use, it should appear in:
    Settings > Update & security > Recovery

It's also available through Advanced Startup as dalchina said earlier (same 10 day limit).

Either way can only work if you haven't deleted the windows.old folder

9. AshleyQuick, Dec 19, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    You may have let more than 10 days pass in that case. The Advanced Startup option always shows the 'go back to previous build' option, but that will then tell you it's no longer possible if you've gone past the 10 days (or have deleted windows.old).

*Arrow Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Creator's updates completely changed my customized Start Senu... [​IMG]

11. This update took place two days ago and I have not deleted windows.old

12. dalchina New Member
    Can you post a screenshot of your Update History please?

About how long did the update you're concerned about take?
    Given that too I would guess what made the change was upgrading to build 1709. As you had one system restore point, you received an update after the upgrade.

Upgrades add and change 'features'; updates generally don't.

dalchina, Dec 19, 2017
  13. Creator's updates completely changed my customized Start Senu...

I'll just deal with it. Thanks for the assistance guys.

AshleyQuick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creator's updates completely changed my customized Start Senu... - Similar Threads - Creator's updates completely

2. Update changed MY customizations

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update changed MY customizations: *Mad Does anyone know how to fix it so that when Microsoft does updates, NONE of MY customizations are changed, undone or replaced? I just found out that the latest update changed MY sound scheme, removed settings I had in place & reinstalled files & folders I PURPOSELY...
  3. Changing system fonts in Creator Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing system fonts in Creator Update: In Creator Update build, ability to change system fonts was removed from desktops settings. One possible solution was Winaero tweaking utility, now Wintools released another utility, called System Font Size Changer which is small and portable. Have to give credits for the...
  4. Custom lockscreen image on creator's update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom lockscreen image on creator's update: Hey guys, So I have a GPO set for our workplace, and have been using this since the original RTM build of Windows 10 back in 2015. It worked fine on all versions up until the Creator's Update, when it somehow seems to have stopped working, and I can't figure out how to...
  5. Question About Creator's Update 1709 Not Completing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question About Creator's Update 1709 Not Completing: I was getting popups to install this newest creator's update #1709, but I kept closing them until I was ready to do it, and planned to keep my computer on all night for the update. I've been ready to do it for a week now and haven't gotten any popups, which I was getting...
  6. Windows 10 Creators Update completly lags my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creators Update completly lags my computer: Hi guys, i really need help in here, so that's the thing: i updated to windows 10 creators update manually and i saw that the computer was underperforming then i booted the computer and re-installed the windows 10 from the ground without any saves or anything, it came with...
  7. Providing customers with more choice and control in Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Providing customers with more choice and control in Creators Update: Customers continue to tell us that they want the best possible experience – including the latest features, apps, and security capabilities – when they use their Windows 10 devices. We designed Windows 10 to automatically keep devices up to date with the latest updates. Since...
  8. After Fall Creators Update Bluetooth becomes completely wonky

in Windows 10 Support
    After Fall Creators Update Bluetooth becomes completely wonky: I am not sure if this is speaker fault or Windows but co operation between my UE Boom Bluetooth speaker and Windows both 7 and 10 was always crappy to put it mildly. However after installing latest Fall Creators Update problem became really annoying. Prior to the update...
  9. creator update start button

in Windows 10 Support
    creator update start button: since installing creator update I have had a few minor problems. now the start button sometimes works sometimes doesn't any updates on the horizon to fix creator problems 87286
  10. Windows 10 Creator Updates Start Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator Updates Start Locked: I clean installed windows 10 creator updates yesterday. after installed some application and setting my windows unfortunately my Start is locked. Locked here means it can do Pin or Unpin programs or Drag icon. But, after a few second, start is freezing and then it back to...