Windows 10: Creators Upgrade created a new partition

Discus and support Creators Upgrade created a new partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; No question(s)... But just for info, posting a screenshot of Disk Management after updating Windows to Creators Upgrade (15063.296) A small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tfwul, May 15, 2017.

1. tfwul Win User

Creators Upgrade created a new partition

No question(s)...
    But just for info, posting a screenshot of Disk Management
    after updating Windows to Creators Upgrade (15063.296)
    A small recovery partition has been created and it looks like
    the below.

=

Creators Upgrade created a new partition [​IMG]

=

:)

tfwul, May 15, 2017

2. does installing Creators addition create an new recovery partition?

does installing Creators addition create an new recovery partition?

RobertWise_747, May 15, 2017
  3. does installing Creators addition create an new recovery partition?

Hi Robert,

Recovery partition is backup wherein the Recovery Environment is stored. It is usually created by the manufacturer's laptop. Installing Creators Update is one of the major updates and it will not create a new recovery partition.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, May 15, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

That is exactly what ANY build upgrade does or else you could not reset pc correctly if you tried to do that.

cereberus, May 15, 2017
  5. tfwul Win User
    Okay, thanks. Well, I didn't know to be honest. I -thought- old stuff would be saved into a Windows old folder on the same partition.
    Anyway, thanks again.
    =

tfwul, May 15, 2017
  6. It's odd that there is no separate System Partition

Comp Cmndo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators Upgrade created a new partition - Similar Threads - Creators Upgrade created

2. Creating new partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating new partition: I have an Asus ZenBook 14 Laptop. When I went to disk management I don't see any unallocated disk space but when I checked properties of the C: drive only one I have it shows I have 830 GB free. When I try to make a new partition there are only 50 GB available for it. Any...
  3. Creating new partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating new partition: I have an Asus ZenBook 14 Laptop. When I went to disk management I don't see any unallocated disk space but when I checked properties of the C: drive only one I have it shows I have 830 GB free. When I try to make a new partition there are only 50 GB available for it. Any...
  4. Not able to create new partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to create new partition: Hi, I have 150 GB of free space in one partition and when I am trying to create a new partition out of it in the disk management, it is not happening. The mouse cursor just shows that some processing is happening but I am not seeing a new Unallocated space in my disk...
  5. New update creates new partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New update creates new partition: I just noticed after the recent windows update that I now have 2 recovery partitions on my computer and an F drive magically appeared. I can't remove either partition or hide them. Not sure if this is a new windows issue or if my machine is just going crazy. Any help/insight...
  6. New update creates new partition

in Windows 10 Support
    New update creates new partition: I just noticed after the recent windows update that I now have 2 recovery partitions on my computer and an F drive magically appeared. I can't remove either partition or hide them. Not sure if this is a new windows issue or if my machine is just going crazy. Any help/insight...
  7. Creators Update creates new hidden partition PQ MirOS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update creates new hidden partition PQ MirOS: Howdy ! I use Acronis to regularly re-image my computers, so I like my PC's running in Legacy mode (not UEFI) and without all the hidden and recovery partitions. I just did the Creators Update and it has ANNOYINGLY created a 3rd partition, called "Windows RE Hidden, PQ,...
  8. Setup: Could not create new partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup: Could not create new partition: Hello everyone, Just tried to reinstall my windows. Everything works fine untill I select the drive on which the os should be installed. The error "could not create new partition" pops up. Already searched for it on the internet and pretty much the same solution comes up...
  9. Partitions created during upgrade

Partitions created during upgrade: Hello All, I am new to this site, but I was (or still am?) a member of Windows 7 Forums Now my question is about Partitions in Windows 10 I have three- 100MB (created from Windows 7, which I knew was needed for booting) C Partition (Windows instllation) 450MB...
  10. Creators Update Partition Problem

Creators Update Partition Problem: I made a thread a couple of months ago commenting on the fact that, when I had to reinstall windows 10, I messed up the installation by putting everything onto one main partition, leaving the other 2 partitions unallocated. I decided not to do anything about it and leave it...