Windows 10: Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials

Discus and support Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have observed an issue with my WINDOWS 10 corporate PC. It seems Windows Credential Manager is unable to sync my passwords. As a preliminary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Harshad_Dike, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials

I have observed an issue with my WINDOWS 10 corporate PC. It seems Windows Credential Manager is unable to sync my passwords.

As a preliminary troubleshooting, I have completed all the following steps but Credential Manager is still unable to sync my Web & Windows passwords.

• Under services.msc, the Credential Manager service was set to 'Manual' by default. Tried changing it to 'Automatic' and restarted the service.
    • Under Group Policy Editor > Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Sync your settings, the status of 'Do Not Sync Passwords' is set to 'Not Configured'.
    • Checked the Internet Explorer Properties > Content > Settings > Uncheck all options under 'Use Autocomplete For'. Deleted all the cache and history.
    • Also checked the similar settings for the new Edge browser.
    • In registry editor > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main > FormSuggest PW > Changed the string to 'Yes'
    • Tried changing the ownership of the Vault Directory CCredential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials :programData > Microsoft > Vault
    • GPUPDATE /FORCE
    • SFC /SCANNOW
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS
    • IPCONFIG /REGISTERDNS

After unsuccessful with all these attempts, I re-imaged the system post which Windows Credentials vault was able to sync Outlook, Word, Excel, MSTeams, OneNote, etc but was not syncing Web Credentials from any of the browsers Internet Explorer, New Edge, Google Chrome. It worked for a week or so and then again it is broken. The passwords are not being synced either in Web Credentials nor in Windows Credentials.

Need some urgent help to get this issue resolved...!

:)

Harshad_Dike, Jul 16, 2020

2. manage web credentials

Hi Rose,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; when you say program is gone from the list,
    are you referring to Web credential program or credentials?

As per your query, I like to inform you that; when you select Remove under the specific credentials, it will remove the specific credential details. Since you have followed the correct steps to remove web credentials but the program is not available,
    I suggest you to Run DISM commands and check if the Web credentials programs works.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a new command line tool that you can use to service a Windows image or prepare a Windows PE image. The DISM tool replaces the Package Manager (pkgmgr.exe), PEimg, and Intlcfg tools.
    DISM consolidates the functionality found in those three tools, as well as delivers new functionality to improve the experience of offline servicing.

Follow the steps to Run DISM Commands:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Credential Manager error in WINDOWS 10

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Have you tried the steps provided by Giridhar J?

If you have tried those steps and the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer and try the troubleshooting steps provided in the article from the link below:

Unable to manage web credentials: credential manager gives a error 0x80070057.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials

1. Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials - Similar Threads - Credential Manager unable

2. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  3. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  4. Web Credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Credentials: After a recent windows update I have lost the list of websites and apps with passwords that were saved in Credentials. I have to enter my manually enter passwords that used to be automatic when I would open my apps. My email accounts in Outlook, and several other apps. I...
  5. Credential manager - Web Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  6. Web Credentials

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Web Credentials: Hello All, This is likely a simple question, but I have failed to find an answer. I have a new Windows 10 laptop and am moving things from an older Windows 10 Laptop. I wanted to restore the stored passwords I had exported from the old machine using the Credential Manager...
  7. web credentials

web credentials: Can I save a site and password manually? The program will not ask to save for this site and I just want to add it myself in the credential manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-credentials/8f89eee6-95e3-4e59-9ae7-51ce2113f93a"
  8. Web Credential Manager

Web Credential Manager: I was looking for a password in the Web Credential Manager. I came across an entry I did not recognize. The credential is for http://E93EC0BD-87BD-4933-9E3A-89160C088DA9/. I can find a few people asking about this entry on their computers, but I cannot find an official...
  9. web credentials

web credentials: save to web credentials to a flash drive to install on my new desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-credentials/f3e1044c-fb18-40bd-a7e4-bf538b0c6e55"
  10. Web Credentials not Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Web Credentials not Syncing: Setup clean 1709 from scratch on Laptop but Web Credentials have not synced though my MS account. Only favourites have synced across after verifying account. Any way of invoking a new sync session manually? Have been waiting for a couple of days but no change. 99424