Windows 10: Credential Manager Prompt after Login Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Credential Manager Prompt after Login Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After logging in with my user account, I'm prompted to insert a smart card via Credential Manager. I then have to cancel out of the pop up about 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vigil VII, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Vigil VII Win User

Credential Manager Prompt after Login Win 10 Pro

After logging in with my user account, I'm prompted to insert a smart card via Credential Manager. I then have to cancel out of the pop up about 5 times before it goes away for good. This happens every time after I login.

I do need to use my smart card, but it's only when I'm logging into my work email via OWA. This just started after using OWA for the first time and plugging in my card reader.

Any help to get rid of the popup after login would be helpful.

:)

Vigil VII, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Arsenal Win User

Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials

I have a new Windows 10 Home computer and I've selected a folder and shared it. I've added Everyone to the Share Permissions list with Full Control.

Credential Manager Prompt after Login Win 10 Pro [​IMG]

I've selected "Turn off password protected sharing" in the Advance Sharing Center.

Credential Manager Prompt after Login Win 10 Pro [​IMG]

When I try to access the share with a Windows 7 laptop in the home it connects right away without a prompt for credentials. When I try to access the share from another Windows 10 device (Surface) there is a prompt for credentials and I am unable to access the shared folder. There are no common account names between machines on my home network.

On the Windows 10 machine which is trying to connect I have run Net use * /DELETE and removed all Windows Credentials using the Credentials Manager then rebooted both machines a few times. Still though the Windows 7 machine can access the share with no credentials and the Windows 10 machine can't access it at all.

My goal is to get the share working for the Windows 10 machine as it works for the Windows 7. Full access, no prompt for credentials. I've workaround steps that will provide access so that type of information isn't needed.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any help would be most appreciated.

Arsenal, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials

Here is the solution for this issue :

1 Right click on the folder that you want to share
    2. Go to Properties
    3. Go to Security Tab then click Edit on group and usernames
    4. Click Add and on the user and group window click advance
    5. Click Find Now and look for Everyone on the Search results, Click OK to close the window and OK again
    6. Give the control you need for Everyone and click "OK"

That should make that folder accessible without prompting for windows credentials Credential Manager Prompt after Login Win 10 Pro :)

jeremygoce, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Steeboo Win User

Managing Credentials with no password

How do I access my password list - when I am running my PC without any Windows login or password ?

I have built my laptop using Windows 10 / 64 - without the need/requirement for any login or password

In order to see a Web Credentials password, you are required to enter a Windows credentials password - which I do not have (because I have built the PC without the requirement for such a login) .....(although I have tried my Hotmail login - which gives me
    access to email but fails to give me access to Web credentials)

What can I do to view my password list ?

And Eashwar Kumar - rather weirdly (for an IT pro) asked me the following - yesterday

1. I am referring to the passwords held in the CREDENTIAL MANAGER (in the control panel)

2. I am referring to ALL of my passwords

3. The Credential Manager is independent of browser !

[Merged]

Steeboo, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Credential Manager Prompt after Login Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Credential Manager Prompt

2. Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt: I downloaded the Windows 11 Pro iso directly from Microsoft. I am using a retail generic key to install but not activate. I have guest extensions turned off. I use Hypr-V's connect to interact in all cases. Install is successful, I log in with a secondary account, all is...
  3. Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt: I downloaded the Windows 11 Pro iso directly from Microsoft. I am using a retail generic key to install but not activate. I have guest extensions turned off. I use Hypr-V's connect to interact in all cases. Install is successful, I log in with a secondary account, all is...
  4. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  5. Win 10 Pro login password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 Pro login password: I upgraded my Acer Aspire Win 10 Pro Ver 1903 from 4GB to 8GB RAM and when I started the laptop it asked for a password. I have 'never ask' in netplwiz and 'never' under require sign-in unchecked. No options have changed there and I have never been asked for a password since...
  6. Win 10 Pro account management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro account management: hi, all -- I just bought my wife a new Dell laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. She has signed in as herself, with her email address. This first account has admin privileges. How do I create a second USER account for her? Win 10 does not permit the same email address on...
  7. Win 10 - Mapped drives prompting for credentials over Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 - Mapped drives prompting for credentials over Wi-Fi: I have a couple new Win10 machines that access our network over wifi (RADIUS server). The machines log into the domain without issue, I have a correct IP address and can ping my window shares. However if I try to map a network drive, it is prompting me for my network...
  8. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop: Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [ATTACH]...
  9. User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro: I have a Surface 4(Windows 10 Pro) with 2 accounts, admin an standard(User account). Note: I am not using a server, everything is in the same machine. Using the standard account with no-admin rights, It is important that when this account is been used it need to be asked...
  10. Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials: I have a new Windows 10 Home computer and I've selected a folder and shared it. I've added Everyone to the Share Permissions list with Full Control. [img] I've selected "Turn off password protected sharing" in the Advance Sharing Center. [img] When I try...