Windows 10: Credential Manager

Discus and support Credential Manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What file can I copy from 1 computer to transfer it to a new Laptop in Win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MountainLion9978, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Credential Manager

What file can I copy from 1 computer to transfer it to a new Laptop in Win 10.

:)

MountainLion9978, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Credential Manager

Hi,

Credential Manager is one of Windows feature that will let you save credentials like usernames and passwords so that you can easily log in to a website or secure computers. We'd like to know the following so we can better assist you.

• Which build and version of Windows are you using? To check it, click
      Start
      , type winver, then press Enter.
    • Are you making changes to Web Credentials or
      Windows Credentials?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your account being managed by a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In order for us to resolve the issue, we need to make sure that the Credential Manager service and its Dependencies are started and working properly. As an initial troubleshooting to resolve the issue, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key, type inetcpl.cpl in
      Run dialog box and hit Enter.
    • Under Internet Properties, click Content tab, then under
      AutoComplete select Settings.
    • Under AutoComplete settings, clear all the checked entries, click
      OK and then reselect the entries as selected before and again click
      OK.
    • Once done, restart your computer, then check if the issue persists.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Credential Manager

Managing Credentials with no password

Hi Steeboo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
    We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Press Windows key + r and type services.msc.

2) Right click Credential manager and Go to Properties.

3) Select Manual from the Startup type drop down menu.

4) Click Apply and OK.

5) Restart your computer and check the issue.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to delete the web credentials and then, try to add it again and check, if it helps.

In the Credential Manager, under Web Credentials remove the web credentials and check, if it works.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Credential Manager

1. Credential Manager - Similar Threads - Credential Manager

2. Credential Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Credential Manager Access Denied: I'm the administrator (sole user) of my Windows 10 PC yet I get error 0x8007005 "Access is Denied" error when I attempt to access Credential Manager. What steps should I take to correct this error? Thanks very much!...
  3. RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials: After MSTSC, We enter user name and password then we click "OK" to connect but there is delay of 23-25 Seconds approx between I click on "OK" and it starts showing "connecting" wizard and it eventually connects. Any Idea, it is frustrating !! May be GPO issue may be Win 10...
  4. Credential Manager vs rundll32.exe keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr

Credential Manager vs rundll32.exe keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr: Hello everyone, Does anyone know the difference between Credential Manager and rundll32.exe keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr. It looks like they are the same just different way of openning but sometimes the rundll32.exe keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr shows more stored credentials than...
  5. Web Credential Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Credential Manager: I was looking for a password in the Web Credential Manager. I came across an entry I did not recognize. The credential is for http://E93EC0BD-87BD-4933-9E3A-89160C088DA9/. I can find a few people asking about this entry on their computers, but I cannot find an official...
  6. What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?: This thing is confusing me. [img] When I check my Windows Credential Manager I always see 02qqrmpycirm and a password that recreates by itself even when I remove it. I have no idea what 02qqrmpycirm is. But when I check my registry I find this....
  7. Windows Credential Manager - authenticate for entire domain instead of just one server

Windows Credential Manager - authenticate for entire domain instead of just one server: I would like to set up a windows credential manager entry that substitutes my credentials when connecting to any server or resource (SQL instance, web sites, fileshares, etc) in another domain. For example, let's say I normally log into my laptop with "domain1.com\userMe"....
  8. Forgot Password and Account for access Credentials Manager

Forgot Password and Account for access Credentials Manager: I would like the review the hidden password assigned to a web application however a userid and password is required I selected Control Panel Menu and Submenu Credentials Manager: and proceeded to highlight Web Credentials and select the website which is password protected...
  9. Windows Credential Manager - xbox live

Windows Credential Manager - xbox live: So when my computer is off the network or no network is active or avalible my computer get xbox live motifed today, 2 computers 2000kms apart both had this. is it normal or what is the reasoning behind it? because with no network established why would it be changed on a...
  10. How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10...

How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10...: How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10 Professional? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-credential-manager-from-saving/61d95177-ee17-4d33-9560-250aa3dfad18