Windows 10: Credential provider allowing login with no password

Discus and support Credential provider allowing login with no password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I've done a custom credential provider, as the one in the microsofts examples. until now, I'm able to work well with it, but I need to change... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lgrluna, Jan 4, 2019.

1. lgrluna Win User

Credential provider allowing login with no password

Hello,

I've done a custom credential provider, as the one in the microsofts examples. until now, I'm able to work well with it, but I need to change the credentials needed for the authentication (i.e. login in the user account without the password).

I believe that to achieve this, I need something outside the CP, a custom implementation of a SSP/AP dll.

As I understand, the LsaLogonUser function is gets as parameters the output of the getSerialization method from the CP, but this parameters include the passwor because LsaLogonUser compares it with the stored credentials to create a new logon session and returns a user token, so I think that I have to make also a custom implementation of LsaLogonUser that calls my own AP instead of the default (registered here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Authentication Packages).

If any of my assumptions are wrong, please tell me, I'm specially insecure about the LsaLogonUser custom implementation.

What I want to know is if there is somewhere an example or more documentation about how to implement a custom SSP/AP, maybe some code (just like the microsoft example for CP), or if you could give me some light about what files do I need to create, where to register them and how to use them instead of the windows defaults.

In less words, I want to know what I have to do to be able to login without password (with a server call response for example).

Thank you very much for your help, I am a bit overwhelmed with this.

:)

lgrluna, Jan 4, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Steeboo Win User
    Managing Credentials with no password

How do I access my password list - when I am running my PC without any Windows login or password ?

I have built my laptop using Windows 10 / 64 - without the need/requirement for any login or password

In order to see a Web Credentials password, you are required to enter a Windows credentials password - which I do not have (because I have built the PC without the requirement for such a login) .....(although I have tried my Hotmail login - which gives me
    access to email but fails to give me access to Web credentials)

What can I do to view my password list ?

And Eashwar Kumar - rather weirdly (for an IT pro) asked me the following - yesterday

1. I am referring to the passwords held in the CREDENTIAL MANAGER (in the control panel)

2. I am referring to ALL of my passwords

3. The Credential Manager is independent of browser !

[Merged]

Steeboo, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Are you using a Microsoft account to login?
    • Was the user name changed at any point of time?

Meanwhile, you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Command prompt as an administrator on your local machine and type:
      gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following location:

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Credentials Delegation
    • Click on ‘Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication’
    • Enable the policy and click on ‘Show’ button in the options window below and enter the value
      ‘TERMSRV/*’ (without quotes) into the list. Apply the changes.
    • Do the same thing for the following policies:

Allow Delegating Saved Credentials

Allow Delegating Default Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication

Allow Delegating Default Credentials
    • Make sure that ‘Deny Delegating Saved Credentials’ is not enabled or does not contain ‘TERMSRV/*’ in the list
    • Close all windows, open a command prompt, and use
      ‘gpupdate /force’
      command to apply the policy directly.

Once the update is complete, reboot the machine and see if you can remote login.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Credential provider allowing login with no password - Similar Threads - Credential provider allowing

2. Latest Credential Provider Interfaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Credential Provider Interfaces: Hello,I am developing a credential provider and have come across a number of undocumented...
  3. Latest Credential Provider Interfaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Credential Provider Interfaces: Hello,I am developing a credential provider and have come across a number of undocumented...
  4. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  5. Login Credentials

Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  6. Custom Credential Provider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Credential Provider: Hi all,When attempting to create a custom credential provider for my organization I've found that I can successfully "unlock" or rather "logon" to the PC but can't unlock when using the same credentials.Windows reports incorrect username or password - ntsStatus 0xC000006D...
  7. Custom Credential Provider

Custom Credential Provider: Hi all,When attempting to create a custom credential provider for my organization I've found that I can successfully "unlock" or rather "logon" to the PC but can't unlock when using the same credentials.Windows reports incorrect username or password - ntsStatus 0xC000006D...
  8. Custom Credential Provider

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Login credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login credentials: Are my log in credentials automatically stored on my hdd/ssd? can someone view it if they have/stole my pc? P. S. I don't wanna use Bitlocker though. submitted by /u/MrRightknow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8zhyq/login_credentials/
  10. WINDOWS 10 UPDATES: DISAPPEARING PASSWORDS/LOGINS, CREDENTIALING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATES: DISAPPEARING PASSWORDS/LOGINS, CREDENTIALING: Since August 2020, all saved passwords & log-ins have completely disappeared from browsers Edge v.86.0.622.38 & Opera v.71.0.3770.228 which update automatically -- no listings of saved anywhere in files; also use Firefox, no problem there. Outlook 2010 & Quickbooks Pro 2014...